Closed Thread

Old 06-08-18, 04:21 PM   #4786
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I asked that question because I have read articles that don't paint that rosy a picture.

For example, this survey rates all the states in different catagories.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

According to this particular survey, California ranks 38th in infrastructure, 43rd in fiscal stability, 46th in opportunity and dead last in quality of life.

That's why I asked that question.

In other words it wasn't a political question.

You asked a non-political question in a "US Politics Thread"...

I've seen quite a few of those surveys over the years, and all I can say is there's a survey to satisfy every viewpoint, it just depends on who you ask, what you ask, when you ask, and how you ask...

Personally, while I do have some quibbles, overall, living in CA isn't so bad and, overall, is better than a lot of other states; how can I say that? Maybe its due to all those people for those other states who keep flocking to CA escaping whatever problems they're having in their previous home states. You bring up surveys: there was one a bit of a while back the CA-GOP cited saying large numbers of people were leaving the state because they didn't like it here; their survey, their results. However, if you look at state records of population changes, more people are coming into CA than are leaving, some thing the other survey didn't deem to acknowledge. The knock about high taxes, over-regulation, etc., still hasn't reduced the number of new citizens, the growth of business, or the overall production numbers of the state...

I don't think there is any state that has or will ever have a straight-across-the-board high percentile rating, so I just concern myself with where I am and what goes on around me, when it come to quality of life...

<O>
Old 06-08-18, 05:08 PM   #4787
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I have a rebellious side.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-08-18, 06:11 PM   #4788
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Gee, I never noticed...

<O>
Old 06-09-18, 08:20 AM   #4789
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

I've seen quite a few of those surveys over the years, and all I can say is there's a survey to satisfy every viewpoint, it just depends on who you ask, what you ask, when you ask, and how you ask...

Personally, while I do have some quibbles, overall, living in CA isn't so bad and, overall, is better than a lot of other states; how can I say that? Maybe its due to all those people for those other states who keep flocking to CA escaping whatever problems they're having in their previous home states. You bring up surveys: there was one a bit of a while back the CA-GOP cited saying large numbers of people were leaving the state because they didn't like it here; their survey, their results. However, if you look at state records of population changes, more people are coming into CA than are leaving, some thing the other survey didn't deem to acknowledge. The knock about high taxes, over-regulation, etc., still hasn't reduced the number of new citizens, the growth of business, or the overall production numbers of the state...

I don't think there is any state that has or will ever have a straight-across-the-board high percentile rating, so I just concern myself with where I am and what goes on around me, when it come to quality of life...

<O>
Stop drinking the kool-aid. California net-migration is going out not in. The only population increasing in Cali is that of non-citizens.

Quote:
Wealthier people and those from states like New York and Illinois are moving in by the droves to California while young people with less money are bailing out to states such as Texas, Arizona and Nevada, a report from the state’s Legislative Analyst’s Office revealed Wednesday.

The underlying factors of these migration patterns are not spelled out in the report, but the data analyzed by the state’s fiscal and policy adviser office offers a pek at some interesting trends.
Quote:
Between 2007 and 2016, some 5 million people moved in to California and 6 million people moved out to other states — a net loss of about 1 million residents, the report relayed.
Even that is worse than you would imagine when you see where the people who move in are coming from.

Quote:
People from 15 states moved in to California between 2007 and 2016, the report found, with most coming from states like New York, Illinois, New Jersey and Michigan.
So in essence the ones moving in are escaping even more poorly administered states like Illinois who is on the verge of a financial meltdown.
Old 06-09-18, 04:05 PM   #4790
u crank

Is there anyone in Washington who is not involved in this kind of thing.

Quote:
A former staff employee of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) has been indicted and arrested on charges of making false statements to special agents of the FBI during the course of an investigation into the unlawful disclosure of classified information, ....
https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/f...ements-charges

The guys title and job description says it all...

Quote:
At the time he made the alleged false statements to the FBI, Wolfe was Director of Security for the SSCI, a position he held for approximately 29 years. As SSCI Director of Security, Wolfe was entrusted with access to classified SECRET and TOP SECRET information provided by the Executive Branch, including the U.S. Intelligence Community, to the SSCI. In this position, Wolfe was responsible for safeguarding all classified information in the possession of the SSCI.
And who did he unlawful disclose the classified information to? Why his girlfriend of course. That would be one Ali Watkins, currently a New York Times reporter. Back in the spring of 2017, Wolfe tipped Ms. Watkins that Russian spies had attempted to recruit Trump-campaign adviser Carter Page back in 2013. Watkins used that leak to write a BuzzFeed article provocatively headlined “A Former Trump Adviser Met with A Russian Spy” The leak and the article were suspiciously timed to cover for revelations that the Obama Justice Department used the unverified Steele dossier, generated by the Clinton campaign, to obtain FISA-court surveillance warrants against Page.

Wonder how many more of these leakers will be exposed?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-09-18, 06:56 PM   #4791
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Disgraceful. Disturbing lack of professionalism these days.
Old 06-09-18, 07:14 PM   #4792
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Disgraceful. Disturbing lack of professionalism these days.

It's more than that I think.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 06-09-18, 10:22 PM   #4793
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Is there anyone in Washington who is not involved in this kind of thing.
At least he was just caught for leaking ...

Look what happens if you get caught lying to the US Congress, like Hillary Clinton and James Clapper.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/07/what...-congress.html

What happens if you lie to Congress

Q: Who has ever lied to Congress?

A: This might be a tough one to answer comprehensively especially because it is extremely rare to see charges brought. In fact, a study from 2007 found just six successful convictions of perjury or related charges in relation to Congress in the previous 60 years.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-10-18, 06:57 AM   #4794
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
At least he was just caught for leaking ...
Actually Mr. Quatro, he was caught for "making false statements to special agents of the FBI during the course of an investigation into the unlawful disclosure of classified information".

But you are right, testifying before Congress is a joke. Put these people before a Grand Jury and see what happens.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-10-18, 07:05 AM   #4795
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Let us please put things in perspective.
Trump said that H. Clinton lied to the FBI.
He had and has no evidence. The FBI denies that she ever lied to them.
Next claim is that Clinton lied to Congress. However she did not.
https://verdict.justia.com/2016/08/1...illary-clinton
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...linton-lied-f/
They can just lie and call her a liar and worse, and obviously have nothing to fear.
Trump's and certain people's wishful thinking has nothing to do with facts or the truth. Basically Trump can invent any "truth" and make up any statement, and people fall for it. Because certain people already have an opinion, and then look for any tweet and sh!t to back it up.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-10-18 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-10-18, 07:54 AM   #4796
u crank

Lying

-to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.

Disingenuous

-not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-10-18, 09:47 AM   #4797
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Lying

-to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.

Disingenuous

-not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Then there is liar liar pants on fire.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 06-10-18, 09:59 AM   #4798
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Icon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's more than that I think.
Selling out your country for a few thousand dollars. Yikes
Old 06-10-18, 10:05 AM   #4799
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Then there is liar liar pants on fire.
That's stand-up comedy at its best.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-10-18, 10:10 AM   #4800
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

True charity is when you don't want anything in return

Notice that Bill and Hillary Clinton are no longer in the charity business
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags