SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-11, 10:46 PM   #166
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Two renditions of the Skyrim main theme, found both videos on the official Bethesda blog.

First video is of a 35 member school band playing it. One of the kids in the back is apparently using a pipe wrench. Pretty good.

Even better is this rendition:

It's skyrim meets metal.

Edit: Moar information
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ng-perfection/
Quote:
The mountain pass we explore soon takes us to a nearby settlement called Riverwood, a small hamlet full of log cabins. Like the forest it's alive with character - people in the street are chatting, there's a blacksmith working away and kids are playing in the street with an enormous dog. You can even join in - talk to the kids and you can play hide and seek, or tag with them. There's a lovely touch where 'don't be it' stays in your quest log as an objective long after you stop playing.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55960/the...video-preview/
New footage. Don't care for the two people talking. But new footage!

Last edited by Spike88; 10-30-11 at 11:02 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 10:18 AM   #167
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

We're in the final week.

Quote:
Descending a sunlit mountain path just after exiting the cave at the beginning of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, I found myself at a crossroads. I could follow the stony trail toward Riverwood, the game's first village, or I could take the road less traveled. That's when I noticed the lovely insect floating above my head. The butterfly lit upon a large rock, then took to the air. I looked up, plucked the creature out of the air, and checked my inventory. I'd already plucked its wings from its body—presumably to be mixed into a potion. Rather than waiting to find a use for this strange reagent, I ate the wings. A golden aura swirled around my body and I discovered that butterfly wings can restore health. It was then that I decided to push west and eat everything in Skyrim that I could get my hands on.
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/things-i-ate-skyrim
Old 11-07-11, 02:03 PM   #168
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post

Even better is this rendition:

It's skyrim meets metal.

That was good!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 02:39 PM   #169
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

This is pretty much me right now:

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 06:11 PM   #170
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Here is a playthru in progress of Skyrim! MAJOR SPOILERS he is currently Several hours into the game...

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/12235.html

DO NOT GOTO this URL unless you are ready to see the game played... it is an official Lets Play starting from the VERY begining!
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 10:43 PM   #171
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Here is a playthru in progress of Skyrim! MAJOR SPOILERS he is currently Several hours into the game...

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/12235.html

DO NOT GOTO this URL unless you are ready to see the game played... it is an official Lets Play starting from the VERY begining!

I didn't want to watch... but I couldn't resist.

"Video disabled until street date by request of Zenimax Media."

Guess I'll have to wait, until the 11th, then I can experience it first hand.

Pre-ordered it from steam about 4 weeks ago.
Old 11-08-11, 11:00 AM   #172
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

New trailer.
http://www.elderscrolls.com/communit...-world-skyrim/
New developer diary.
Old 11-08-11, 11:26 AM   #173
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:

New trailer.

HunterICX
Old 11-08-11, 12:02 PM   #174
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Anyone knows if the cities will be open or closed like in Oblivion?

Nehrim has switched to open cities and my god, even the small villages take
quite a toll on your rig. Afraid to go to the Middlerealm capital, probably fries
my rig instantly.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 12:06 PM   #175
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Anything beyond a few shacks might still be instanced. Has to run on the toys after all.

Either that of do an awfull lot of streaming... think a short load screen would be better.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 04:10 PM   #176
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Anyone knows if the cities will be open or closed like in Oblivion?

Nehrim has switched to open cities and my god, even the small villages take
quite a toll on your rig. Afraid to go to the Middlerealm capital, probably fries
my rig instantly.

The 5 major cities are individual maps like Oblivion, while all the minor cities are part of the main map. From what I've read the major cities have parts that are out in the open map.

Here's a quote from someone who played the game at Eurogamer:
Quote:
  • Falkreath is made of similar buildings as found in Riverwood, and has no loading screens for entry. It is surrounded by deep forest.
  • The outskirts of Whiterun contains farms, a mill and a brewery, at least. It seems to flow more seamlessly into it's surroundings than any Oblivion city, actually looking like a fortified town.
  • Some cities, such as Solitude and Windhelm are walled, others such as Falkreath are not. Those that do seem to have more buildings outside their walls than in Oblivion.
Edit: Falkreath is major enough to appear on older maps that predate the announcement of Skyrim.

Also some lore/politics he gathered from his time with the game. Some of it may be considered Spoiler-ish. Although nothing really containing to the story, just the background lore.

Quote:
  • There are Eight Divines again. Worship of Talos, the God of Man is now banned throughout the empire (!) I could hardly believe my eyes when I read this, is this confirmed elsewhere? The Divines are definitely Eight again now, regardless of the status of Talos.
  • Akatosh is confirmed as being worshipped and usually depicted as a dragon The loading screen points out his dragon avatar is one he choose to use to at the end of the Oblivion Crisis
  • The Empire only managed to end "The Great War" against the Aldmeri Dominion with the Concordat of White Gold
  • Thalmor, agents of the Dominion are found throughout Skyrim. Some have been found with prisoners, one claims that they are merely there in peace, to help Skyrim through this period of transition (Possible foreshadowing of the main quest?)
  • Windhelm now has a Dunmer population, who are looked down upon by some of its citizens
  • All of the Daedric Princes seem to have returned, including Sheogorath. Some, such as Azura and Meridia are described as being not inherently evil.
  • Bosmer are described as heralding from the eastern forests of Valenwood, suggesting they may have been pushed out of the Aldmeri Dominion, or at the very least there is some political divide in Valenwood.
  • Each city in Skyrim has a cult of Arkay devoted to the respect of the dead
There are two books that are relatively short(200 pages a piece more or less) that do fill in a chunk of lore between Oblivion and Skyrim. I've yet to read them but from what I've gathered(may be considered a spoiler) Titus Mede lead 1,000 men against the Imperial City and seized it. He made himself Emperor, thus beginning the Mede Dynasty. It has not been confirmed yet, but the Mede Dynasty is probably the current Empire in Skyrim's time frame.

I'm going to read the books within the next 3 days, so I can fill anyone in with the nitty gritty if they're interested.

Last edited by Spike88; 11-08-11 at 04:26 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 06:10 PM   #177
Kapitän Schneider
Engineer

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Also some lore/politics he gathered from his time with the game. Some of it may be considered Spoiler-ish. Although nothing really containing to the story, just the background lore.

There are two books that are relatively short(200 pages a piece more or less) that do fill in a chunk of lore between Oblivion and Skyrim. I've yet to read them but from what I've gathered(may be considered a spoiler) Titus Mede lead 1,000 men against the Imperial City and seized it. He made himself Emperor, thus beginning the Mede Dynasty. It has not been confirmed yet, but the Mede Dynasty is probably the current Empire in Skyrim's time frame.

I'm going to read the books within the next 3 days, so I can fill anyone in with the nitty gritty if they're interested.

Or everyone could read the lore from The Elder Scrolls Wiki.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era

The victorious strategist only seeks battle, after the victory has been won.

Also known as Brandenburger and Zirran elsewhere.
Kapitän Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 06:20 PM   #178
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän Schneider View Post
Or everyone could read the lore from The Elder Scrolls Wiki.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era

Blashemy!

I'd recommend the books, while not perfect they are pretty good. Although you do only have 3 days to get through them.

Speaking of sites with lore, there is the Imperial Library:
http://www.imperial-library.info/
Have only skimmed through it myself, but it does detail the stories for all the games.
Old 11-08-11, 09:16 PM   #179
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Alright sorry those videos that I posted did infact get taken down but the lets play has moved and they are currently back up and running 17 videos I think all about 20- 30 minutes.

http://mangg.freeforums.org/all-mang...reams-t40.html

Also I have to say... werewolves look extremely badass in skyrim
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:33 PM   #180
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

I'm trying to plan my character out, but I can't choose between Light Armor or Heavy Armor.

I plan on playing a Nord, and Nords get a bonus to light armor, but I've always preferred heavy armor. But when I think of Vikings and fantasy characters of Viking resemblance, they usually wear leather(light) armor. Oh the plight!