SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-12, 07:45 PM   #1
DragonMoney
Sailor man

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0
My SH4 Won't Lauch Please Help!

For some reason when I start up SH4, this message pops up: "File not found: data/menu/data/black80.tga"

This happened when I installed these mods: (These are my only mods)

RFB_2.0
#1 PE4 Install main
#2a PE4 Special effects for Stock
#3_PE4_c_Submarine_Stock_caustics_rolllpitch_deepe r
#5_PE4_real_reflections_for_harbour_and_objects
PE4_high quality bow and stern wakes (stock SH4 lower FPS)
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
sobers better sand II
(1) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 (Hi-res)
(2) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Enlisted Ranks add-on (Hi-res)
(3) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Awards add-on (Hi-res)
TMO19_interior3d_GATO_overhaul
TMO19_interior3d_PORPOISE_overhaul
TMO19_interior3d_SALMON_overhaul
TMO19_interior3d_SCLASS_overhaul
DragonMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 07:56 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMoney View Post
For some reason when I start up SH4, this message pops up: "File not found: data/menu/data/black80.tga"

This happened when I installed these mods: (These are my only mods)
You didn't state if you have 1.4 or 1.5. I have 1.5 and black80.tga is a stock file (unless I have a file that did not uninstall when I removed a MOD). So unless one of those MODS removes it, you may have a corrupt install of SH4.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 08:12 PM   #3
DragonMoney
Sailor man

wait, 1.4 or 1.5 for which mod?
Old 02-06-12, 08:22 PM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
wait, 1.4 or 1.5 for which mod?
For SH4. The stock game gets patched to 1.4 but the uboat add on makes it 1.5

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 02-06-12, 08:46 PM   #5
DragonMoney
Sailor man

oh then I have 1.4
Old 02-06-12, 09:36 PM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
oh then I have 1.4
That may be the problem, you may not have that file. If you look all the RUIMs are for v 1.5 of SH4

Quote:
(1) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 (Hi-res)
(2) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Enlisted Ranks add-on (Hi-res)
(3) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Awards add-on (Hi-res)

I am not sure about the other mods.

Old 02-06-12, 09:59 PM   #7
DragonMoney
Sailor man

I recall there was also a 1.4 version for the RUIMs Mods so I will try that mod instead and see if that works.
Old 02-07-12, 01:06 AM   #8
DragonMoney
Sailor man

I just found out that the problem was actually the Real FleetBoat Mod. I'm not sure why it was the problem but my game is now fixed. Thank you!
Old 02-08-12, 09:07 AM   #9
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

It's very simple. RFB 2.0 is for SH4 v1.5. You state you're useing v1.4. There's your answer
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 10:31 AM   #10
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Besides knowing which version of the game YOU use, you need to know the version any particular mod that's chosen is made for. The different game versions can make a huge difference to the files any mod may modify.

If the mod doesn't state what it's made for (either in its introduction, README files, or instructions) I wouldn't use the mod. The mod may, or may not work, or may cause unintended changes that results from mixing with others. Many mods don't mix well for the simple reason the same files are changed within the mods. The files in the last mod "activated" in JSGME is the file change that gets loaded into the game. This overwrites any other mod with the same file that was activated earlier. It means the first mod won't work as intended, causing anything from a CTD to unstable behavior.

This brings me to what I see with your mod additions. RFB and TMO shouldn't be both "activated" together. They aren't compatible. They change many of the same files, which will result in the behavior I just mentioned. Regardless of choosing the correct version of a mod for the version of the game you have. Having mods that overwrite the same file is asking for trouble, unless the mod states its "compatible" with another.

This makes it important for any gamer who wishes to modify his game to do his homework before thinking any mod will work with any version of the game, or with any other mod that's available.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 11:14 AM   #11
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187

I have this problem also, though prob an old thread, but I'm not using Real Fleet Boat. It just occurred after installing TMO Overhaul. My guess is the TMO I installed was for 1.5 and not 1.4.

I've been desperately looking for a TMO overhaul for 1.4 but the only link I can find is on Aces of the Deep and it's a broken link.

Anyone know of a good link for TMO Overhaul for 1.4? Or maybe a link to
black80.tga?
NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 08:40 AM   #12
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I have this problem also, though prob an old thread, but I'm not using Real Fleet Boat. It just occurred after installing TMO Overhaul. My guess is the TMO I installed was for 1.5 and not 1.4.

I've been desperately looking for a TMO overhaul for 1.4 but the only link I can find is on Aces of the Deep and it's a broken link.

Anyone know of a good link for TMO Overhaul for 1.4? Or maybe a link to
black80.tga?

You're right, this is an old thread. BUT, the question regarding the error message of "File not Found: Data/Menu/Data/Black80.tga" is still pertinent.

Image files have the extension of .tga or .dds in SH4. So it's an image file that's missing. The modded game files you're loading are "asking" for this image file, but it can't find it in-game. The reason is because the "Black80.tga" file is a Silent Hunter 4 version 1.5 image file......not found in version 1.4 or lower. Loading TMO 2.0 (which is only for an SH4 1.5 game) will create this error when it's files are mismatched with a SH4 1.4 version (you can read your game version when looking at the "main menu" game screen.....it's in the lower right of the screen). You're right Venus to suspect you're using the wrong mods with your game version.

I did a quick search for a Trigger Maru mod that will work with a Silent Hunter 4 v1.4 game and found a Trigger Maru 1.7.6 on GameFront. Try this version on a 1.4 version of SH4. If there is a later Trigger Maru for 1.4 version still in existence.......I don't know where to find it. After this, you're on your own.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 09:21 PM   #13
Terry13
Swabbie

Downloads: 55

You installed the wrong mod - don't feel bad - I used the mod enabler and hosed my entire operating system. Somehow, I managed to try and open my Desktop folder with the enabler. Don't ask. It was like being in port while a Tsunami hit
Terry13 is offline   Reply With Quote