SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-19-06, 09:19 AM   #16
Kurushio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Charge them by the minute...why not? Chopper fuel doesn;t come cheap...humans come quite cheaply. Better still, give 'em a choice. A helicopter ride for $1000 or an M16 for $16.99 (special discount).

Make the lazy bastards fight it out
Old 07-19-06, 12:17 PM   #17
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I love how this thread was orginally addressing the issue of the US goverment charging its own citizens for evacutation, and why there where there to begin with; and then Scandium injects his totally unrelated personal lebense agenda.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 07:37 PM   #18
scandium
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
I love how this thread was orginally addressing the issue of the US goverment charging its own citizens for evacutation, and why there where there to begin with; and then Scandium injects his totally unrelated personal lebense agenda.
I love it when people who lecture me on my posting habits can't even do it in a coherent sentence.
Old 07-19-06, 07:44 PM   #19
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Arizona has the "Dumb Motorist Law"...why not ...why enter into a flooded wash when storm watters are rising and jeporadize your family and vehicle/property...heck ya charge em...same thing here...This thing did not happen over night and anyone with eyes can see the signs and get out before trouble hit full out...but for greed or sniveling over losing a job or house or whatever they tarryed...then if a bomb from Israel happens to land in there lap they can't cry spilled milk.

Same thing me and my wife said about Katrina here...the people had "Days" to prepare and heed the warnings about that storm....I would have taken my kids and "Hitchhiked" out of that area and stayed inland in a field in a tent rather than stay....I grant you the elderly/alone should be the only exempt from this and get a front seat on the choppers leaving the storm/or war but the rest should have "Beat Feet"...
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 08:01 PM   #20
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandium
Quote:
I love it when people who lecture me on my posting habits can't even do it in a coherent sentence.
My my aren't we touchy. Spelling mistakes or not, you understood what I said. Infact i think my point was made because the only rebuttle you could come back with, was a scathing reply attacking my grammer. I find that highly amusing, thanks !
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 08:02 PM   #21
scandium
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My my aren't we touchy. Spelling mistakes or not, you understood what I said. Infact i think my point was made because the only rebuttle you could come back with, was a scathing reply attacking my grammer. I find that highly amusing, thanks !
Your welcome.
Old 07-19-06, 08:26 PM   #22
scandium
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Arizona has the "Dumb Motorist Law"...why not ...why enter into a flooded wash when storm watters are rising and jeporadize your family and vehicle/property...heck ya charge em...same thing here...This thing did not happen over night and anyone with eyes can see the signs and get out before trouble hit full out...but for greed or sniveling over losing a job or house or whatever they tarryed...then if a bomb from Israel happens to land in there lap they can't cry spilled milk.
If this is true then Israel deliberately allowed Hezbollah to stock up on rockets that it knew would be used against it, and had to have seen the kidnappings coming - after all, if some dumb American tourist could see it coming then how could Israel which is right next door, and only just withdrew after a 22 year occupation, and has one of the most active intelligence services in the world, NOT see it coming? :hmm: Nah, following your line of reasoning just leads to places that I don't wish to go.

You have the Christian right to believe that everything that happens to someone is their own damn fault, and if they're blown apart by a bomb dropping in their laps because the IDF assault, which blew up the roads, bridges, and international airport, began in full force the same day as the kidnappings then that is your right to believe that. After all, if they really wanted out instead of snivelling over their house while waiting a week for a ship to arrive through the IDF Naval blockade, well they could have simply walked across the desert and into neighbouring Israel or Syria? I mean really, people are such snivelling cry babies. Or better still, you could take your chances and just try driving across the border, as these folks did:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...7/s1688899.htm

Quote:
Twelve Lebanese civilians have been killed when an Israeli missile hit their minibus, police said, bringing the civilian toll from six days of Israeli bombardment to at least 182 dead.

The vehicle, transporting two families, came under attack in the seaside town of Rmeileh, south of Beirut, as it was racing north to the capital to flee raids in the area.

Those killed included two women and three children.

The Lebanese death toll from the Israeli bombardment launched last Wednesday following the capture of two soldiers by Hezbollah militants now totals 182 civilians and 12 soldiers.

On the Israeli side, 12 civilians and 12 soldiers have been killed in the violence on either side of the frontier.
Old 07-19-06, 08:33 PM   #23
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Do you notice these casualty estimates never include Hezbollah losses?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 08:48 PM   #24
scandium
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by August
Do you notice these casualty estimates never include Hezbollah losses?
Yeah I've noticed it. No, I don't know what to make of it though. I'm open to any interpretations or numbers that anyone can dig up though.
Old 07-19-06, 08:55 PM   #25
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your welcome.
As long as we are on the subject of the incorrect use of language, I think you mean "you're welcome".

Now both of you knock off the personal attacks.

We have had one banning already. Lets keep it at one>

Thanks

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 09:28 PM   #26
scandium
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your welcome.
As long as we are on the subject of the incorrect use of language, I think you mean "you're welcome".

Now both of you knock off the personal attacks.

We have had one banning already. Lets keep it at one>

Thanks

JCC
Fair enough. My apologies Ducimus, for my scathing attack on your grammar. In reality, as you can see above, you need not look far to see me make the same mistakes - so who am I to criticize? I blame my own declining language skills on the internet.
Old 07-20-06, 12:56 PM   #27
tycho102
Ace of the Deep

Tycho's 5-minute guide to International Travel for American Dummies.

Don't go to Columbia.
Don't go to Indonesia.
Don't go to Pakistan.
Don't go to Afghanistan.
Don't go to Iran.
Don't go to Somalia.
Don't go to Spain, France, Russia, Turkey, Cypress-Turkey (the north side), Italy, Morocco, Nigeria, Algeria, Chad, Liberia, Thailand, China, North Korea, East Timor, Venezuela, Paraguay, Bolivia, Equador, Argentina, Mexico, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, or Lebanon.

If you do, you're on your own because you're an idiot. You're beyond being just a dummie. Americans are tired of subsidizing idiots. If you are not prepared to be on your own, don't go to these countries.

Think carefully before going to Puerto Rico.
Think carefully before going to the Virgin Islands.
Think carefully before going to Britian.
Think carefully before going to the Phillipines.
Think carefully before going to South Korea, Japan, Israel, Brazil, Chile, or Peru.

Christ. Think carefully before you go to Hawaii, these days. Sheesh!

Australia is still mostly friendly with the Yanks -- please don't be an ass if you go down there.
Denmark and Poland are fairly safe, if they'll even have you.
tycho102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-06, 01:06 PM   #28
scandium
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho102

Don't go to Columbia.
Don't go to Indonesia.
Don't go to Pakistan.
Don't go to Afghanistan.
Don't go to Iran.
Don't go to Somalia.
Don't go to Spain, France, Russia, Turkey, Cypress-Turkey (the north side), Italy, Morocco, Nigeria, Algeria, Chad, Liberia, Thailand, China, North Korea, East Timor, Venezuela, Paraguay, Bolivia, Equador, Argentina, Mexico, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, or Lebanon.

If you do, you're on your own because you're an idiot. You're beyond being just a dummie. Americans are tired of subsidizing idiots. If you are not prepared to be on your own, don't go to these countries.

Think carefully before going to South Korea, Japan, Israel, Brazil, Chile, or Peru.

Australia is still mostly friendly with the Yanks -- please don't be an ass if you go down there.
Canada's 5 second travel guide for Tycho:

Be afraid of your own shadow, everyone is out to kill you, best to stay home within the nice safe US of A (but stay out of NYC).
Old 07-20-06, 01:44 PM   #29
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I just found out that i am forever banned from donating blood because i once lived in Europe for three consequtive months after Jan 1980. Never mind i've donated almost 3 gallons of blood in the years since then and yesterday, never mind i'm blood type O-neg which means i'm a universal donor.

Why, you ask? Because the CDC now considers me a potential risk for having contracted mad cow disease 26 years ago.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 12:28 AM   #30
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho102

Don't go to Columbia.
Don't go to Indonesia.
Don't go to Pakistan.
Don't go to Afghanistan.
Don't go to Iran.
Don't go to Somalia.

Bravo Bravo!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey Scandium relax....this is and was the point....Don't piss in the fan and tell us it's rain.

Anyone can do whatever they want with consequences.I teach this to my son and to have to be telling you is like I have another child.I don't and will never live in a cave like Saddam and Osama but hey...to each his own.I won't live in California either cause I don't like having to worry about a freeway overpass squashing me...but I have visited.Do what ya like buddy, but to try to come off like the people living in Lebanon don't have a clue ,then maybe they are better off having a bomb in there lap some would say.Natures natural selection for you evolutionists. Have a great day!

Last edited by Iceman; 07-21-06 at 12:36 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote