SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-10-09, 01:28 AM   #1
IRONxMortlock
Watch Officer

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks guys, I guess I'll stick with it and see how it goes. Any suggested hunting grounds?

On my third patrol I came across a destroyer task force. I killed their Kuma flagship before getting pounced on by all the others; very nasty chaps indeed, especially considering I was in only 180ft of water! Is it just me or has this mod made the enemy tougher? It took a long, torturous time to sneak away from alive from that one.
Kapitanleutnant Karl Brauch - 1st flotila - Sep 5 1939~
IRONxMortlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 03:09 AM   #2
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONxMortlock View Post
Thanks guys, I guess I'll stick with it and see how it goes. Any suggested hunting grounds?
I've had my best luck in the Celebes Sea and the Sulu Sea. Both have 'choke points' that are pretty active (1942-1943). By 1945, you might have to be satisfied with Sampans and Fishing Boats.

BTW, the newer TMO and RSRDC combo seems to arm even those clunky old freighters with two cannon and several large caliber machine guns. Had to limp all the way back to Freemantle with 97% hull damage after getting into a shoot-out with one. Good thing I didn't have any contacts all the way back - it wasn't even safe to dive to periscope depth.

Run Silent, Run Deep
Old 06-10-09, 05:02 AM   #3
IRONxMortlock
Watch Officer

Downloads: 1

Just had a ripper of a 4th patrol, 46,000 tons to the bottom. Hit that choke point in the Celebes between Borneo and Mindanao. I see what you mean Roger as I learnt the hard way about trying to duke it out with armed freighters!

I accepted a new command however and it sent me to Pearl. Any good places for hunting in the north?

M
Kapitanleutnant Karl Brauch - 1st flotila - Sep 5 1939~
IRONxMortlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 08:40 AM   #4
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONxMortlock View Post
Just had a ripper of a 4th patrol, 46,000 tons to the bottom. Hit that choke point in the Celebes between Borneo and Mindanao. I see what you mean Roger as I learnt the hard way about trying to duke it out with armed freighters!

I accepted a new command however and it sent me to Pearl. Any good places for hunting in the north?

M
See that, one of those patrols were all hell breaks loose From Pearl you will hit the east coast of Japan or get sent into the Sea of Japan. Either one you will find shipping.
Old 06-18-09, 07:42 AM   #5
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Help. I'm trying to take part of Coral Sea. Doesn't help being in a S class with no cam or contacts. I even peeked in the ME. I've tried several places at the right time and can't find the carrier force. Maybe had it once, but I just got a dd going fast and can't catch what may have been.
Found the US TF several times and enough planes that I can't get a can barely surface more than one minute at a time.

This is the only battle I haven't seen. Any help to get me in the right position. I need to be in front.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote