SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-14, 04:26 AM   #1351
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 0

It is released
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 07:05 AM   #1352
x_Ringo_x
Watch

Downloads: 11
Default Time to release

Do u have a link to dwx 1.38

I found it sorry for the inconvienece

Last edited by x_Ringo_x; 02-27-14 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Found the Link
x_Ringo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 01:43 PM   #1353
v1ruk
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21
SHO

Just got into this game, but am loving the RA mod.

Wanted to try out LWAMI, and Alpha Tau out, but so far have been enjoying RA too much.

The only thing I'm not enjoying are the download times on the mod.

Anyone else use torrents/magnets in here? The RA mod could be shared as a torrent, my connection alone would provide the 70kb/s I got from the RA homepage. I've been trying to register an account over at redroger to suggest this but it's impossible, that site has a terrible registration procedure.

So if others use it, I'll slap it up on a tracker somewhere. It really should be done with all of these mods. As filefront and fileplanet and the rest of the game file sharing sites go down, making torrents would keep all these files available.

Also it would take a ton of strain off this sites bandwidth.

Just in case the moderator is about to blow a gasket. I saw your policy on "illegal" piracy, and "illegal" sites. The method I'm proposing of sharing mods is a completely LEGAL file distribution system though, that has been used by game companies to distribute patches on the cheap, as it saves server costs and self propagates. I would like to hear your theories on what constitutes an illegal site though, and I can avoid posting links to that site on here.

Or ya know, enjoy blowing cash on bandwidth fees for no reason. After all, wasting cash for no reason is the military thing to do.
v1ruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 05:30 PM   #1354
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard

v1ruk, on your first post!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 05:35 AM   #1355
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim v1ruk

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 03:17 AM   #1356
Akula
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 56
Default Wow, amazing

I only recently bought Dangerous Waters after having owned Sub Command for years now.

I have to say so far that the RA mod is amazing.

One trivial question, is there any better model for the Ohio class SSBN? Compared to the beautiful Typhoon model it looks pale in comparison.

Oh and is there an English Readme or manual for the Mod?

Thanks,
G
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 12:18 AM   #1357
smolfri
Sailor man

Downloads: 218

Welcome to the fleet v1ruk
smolfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 12:44 AM   #1358
smolfri
Sailor man

Downloads: 218

Download RA last night and took it for a spin. I have to say that it makes the game much more playable. With all the added controllable platforms, new sound effects, weapons, fixes to the mission editor and much much more. It truly brings a second life too dangerous waters in my eyes.
smolfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 11:29 AM   #1359
cemtufekci
Bosun

Downloads: 73

It is stated in the RA manual that floor:32555 setting puts mk 50 torpedo to straight run. But thats not the case in my situation. Am i missing something?

Last edited by cemtufekci; 05-23-14 at 05:28 PM.
cemtufekci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 09:53 AM   #1360
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

I have not yet installed RA, but from what I have seen at their web page it appears to me that they are the only remaining actively improving DW group around. Is this correct, or my perception is rather not right here?

It seems also that perhaps because as it appears they are mainly Russian speaking fellows detailed and more frequent communication and exchanges of information here at Subsim.com is little impeded and basically not happening.

To make this story more to the point I was wondering if they (or out there anyone else) would be willing to accept more cooperation from others gathered around subsim, but none less still interested in modding or/and improving (no matter to how minor or major degree) Dangerous Waters. All with the goal to preserve and reinvigorate interest of others newer members of this modern naval genre.

Being moderately actively involved in similar activities with Falcon BMS, I clearly see quite significant potential of older, but design wise solid and deep simulations can still attract and re attract newer and sometime younger members, who otherwise will be at the peril of totally missing those pure classics of computer simulations. And all by making even small, yet sometimes very exciting and satisfying modifications to the core of the older game which in many many cases was purposely curtailed and stopped short of attaining its full potential for commercial and purely financial reasons.

I sincerely hope that despite the fact that English too for me is not my native thing, I made made point here clearly enough to cause positive reaction and perhaps continuance of this subject in more details. What do you think? Thank you.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 01:06 PM   #1361
TorpedoMo
Helmsman

Downloads: 107
Default RA installation trouble

Hello all!

Just tried to give my DW some life back and installed the ne RA version. Unfortunately, i get an error message in the loading screen:

Error 13018 occured in game-database

Can anyone give some advice here?

I'm glad for help!

Thanks!
TorpedoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 04:40 PM   #1362
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

It's an old one it seems:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105518

In short. Try again with a clean install. Some patch or mod got messed up.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 03:32 AM   #1363
alfagolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Great MOD!!!

http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/
alfagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 08:27 PM   #1364
Dobbin0514
Nub

Downloads: 25
Default RA-great works

I played RA for long time. it's great in my opinion, but I'd like to find more munals about this mod, not just a changelog.
Dobbin0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 08:33 PM   #1365
marksil1
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Having a strange problem. I got DW through Steam and have a clean install of 1.04. (Ordered the CD version from Amazon but it wouldn't install--asked for a second non-existent disc). For some reason Steam does not create a Sonalyst/DW folder. It just installs it directly into C:\windows. I tried extracting the 7z for RA 1.38 into that folder. It creates the .bat file and the OPFOR folder. However, when I try to run the .bat file it goes okay for a while and then I start getting cmpUTIL.exe errors. It will not let me successfully abort/retry when that happens so I have to exit out of the install. That seems to be preventing the RA mod from installing and running.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome this for a Steam installlation of DW? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark
marksil1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert