SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-11, 01:58 PM   #1
Tom
Gunner

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Problem with days spent in base

I have a problem. When I finish a patrol, the next patrol starts on the same date. The game doesn't advance the date between patrols as it should.

I checked that my basic.cfg has (as it should):
NbDaysInBase=20

Likewise, I checked that sh3cmdr doesn't change this value. I also did several tests starting a new career with and without Commander, using different Commander options for time spent at base (random days, set amount of days), started a patrol, returned to base, and the result was always the same: the next patrol starts on the same date the previous one ended.

Buying upgrades advances the date as it should.

I'm confused. I have no idea what to try next. I can of course edit the starting date in Patrols_0.cfg (which, by the way, also has NbDaysInBase=20 for the patrol, as it should) after each patrol manually, but this is tedious.

Any ideas on what may be causing this problem? Or any ideas on where to look for settings that control the advancement of time at base?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 02:04 PM   #2
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Via SH3 Commander you should be able to decide how many days, and not having to enter the Cfg

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 02:32 PM   #3
Tom
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
Via SH3 Commander you should be able to decide how many days, and not having to enter the Cfg
Like I wrote, no matter what setting I enter in Commander, the game doesn't advance the date.
Old 03-27-11, 02:36 PM   #4
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Like I wrote, no matter what setting I enter in Commander, the game doesn't advance the date.
Can there be any file that is corrupt,are you use GWX or Stock?

Marie Curie

Old 03-27-11, 02:41 PM   #5
Gereke
A-ganger

Downloads: 61

Please forgive if this doesn't help to answer your question. Take a look at these screen shots. I'm using SH3 Commander and GWX 3.0. I have days in base set to "random" in SH3C

First.. Game load screen. As you describe, patrol end and patrol start on the same day. January 1, 1942

In the office before mission, still says January 1st.

Then, once on patrol.. Note the date February 24, 1942.

Gereke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 02:42 PM   #6
Tom
Gunner

GWX. And yes, I suspect something is corrupt, but I can't figure out what. That's why any ideas on what controls advancement of game time would be appreciated.

Edit:

@Gereke: Yes, that's exactly the behavior I'm getting. (I had to start a game and check, to be sure.) I hadn't realized that the actual in game date is correct, even if the menus show the wrong date.

This probably means patrol orders and grid as well as files loaded by SH3 Commander will be based on the wrong date. But I can live with that.

Last edited by Tom; 03-27-11 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-27-11, 06:06 PM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

No, not at all. In the office it's still the same date. The game doesn't update until it actually loads the patrol. You should be fine.
Old 03-28-11, 06:38 AM   #8
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Steve is correct....simply start your patrol and the game will then adjust for days in port, upgrades etc.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 09:47 AM   #9
Tom
Gunner

Ok, thanks everyone, I guess everything works as it should then.

I'm certain though that a couple of weeks ago time used to advance properly whenever I finished a patrol (in base after patrol 1, Jan 15th, in base before patrol 2, Feb 4th, and so on). And I still can't figure out what changed that.

Does SH3 Commander take the time spent in base into account when deciding what files to load based on date? For example, if the game shows Jan 15th as the date in base before patrol (same as the end date of the last patrol), but the real date when the patrol is loaded is Feb 4th, will Commander load the files for January or February?
Old 03-28-11, 09:55 AM   #10
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Quote:

I'm certain though that a couple of weeks ago time used to advance properly whenever I finished a patrol (in base after patrol 1, Jan 15th, in base before patrol 2, Feb 4th, and so on). And I still can't figure out what changed that.

Does SH3 Commander take the time spent in base into account when deciding what files to load based on date? For example, if the game shows Jan 15th as the date in base before patrol (same as the end date of the last patrol), but the real date when the patrol is loaded is Feb 4th, will Commander load the files for January or February?
February...

Marie Curie

Old 03-29-11, 03:05 PM   #11
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Commander will always load the files relevant to the primary date at commencement of patrol.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote