SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-11, 03:44 PM   #1351
JazzJR
Lieutenant

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Hi,

I wanted to start a new campaign with WAC 4.1. I installed SH3 , added the Patch 1.4 then i installed WAC 4.1 and the fix. So far so good. As i tried to start my first Patrol he loaded until 92% then it took forever and then i became a CTD with everyones favourite message "SH3 has encountered a problem and needs to close". So i though maybe the game is messed up, i tried the training missions whcih worked fine.

I have an AMD Athlox 64 X2 Dualcore 6000+ and an ATI Raedon HD 5700 Series.

Anyone else had or has this problem?
Old 10-10-11, 03:59 PM   #1352
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJR View Post
Hi,

I wanted to start a new campaign with WAC 4.1. I installed SH3 , added the Patch 1.4 then i installed WAC 4.1 and the fix. So far so good. As i tried to start my first Patrol he loaded until 92% then it took forever and then i became a CTD with everyones favourite message "SH3 has encountered a problem and needs to close". So i though maybe the game is messed up, i tried the training missions whcih worked fine.

Are you running Windows XP or Vista (I'm not sure if W7 is effected)? Have you tried the 4GB .exe patch and the 3GB boot.ini switch?

Also, get used to it taking forever, that's normal for WAC because of it's enormous size. It normally takes me about 20 minutes to load up a patrol compared to the 3 minutes vanilla. I normally go and make a pot of coffee or take a shower while booting up.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Last edited by Tuddley3; 10-10-11 at 04:10 PM.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 04:03 PM   #1353
JazzJR
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3 View Post
Are you running Windows XP? Have you tried the 4GB .exe patch and the 3GB boot.ini switch?
Yes i am running XP. No didn't tried that yet. Where can i change that?
Old 10-10-11, 04:39 PM   #1354
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Yes i am running XP. No didn't tried that yet. Where can i change that?
The 3GB switch you need to add manually to your boot.ini file. Open your c:/Drive and open Tools/Folder Options/View and uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files and click Apply. You will notice some greyed out files have appeared. Boot is the one you want to open with Notepad. Then follow these instructions http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_pape...ows-vista.html

Be sure to backup your boot.ini and place your backup in another folder somewhere. Once you are done and reboot, you will notice a new screen during startup. use your arrow keys to select the new operating system boot option. (Don't blink, you have 3 seconds to respond, of which you can change if you like by changing the Timeout number to whatever you like, or simply put the new entry in front of the stock entry and it will open with the 3GB Switch automatically after the timer runs out.

If you mess up somehow, you can reboot in Safe Mode and replace the .ini file with your backup and reboot. Report back to us and we'll correct your error.

You can download the 4GB Patch right here http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It all sounds overwhelming, but it's very simple. If you have anymore problems let me know.
Old 10-10-11, 04:45 PM   #1355
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Oops, I noticed when I replied the first time my Wi-Fi cut out on me and my post was posted prematurely. I'm not sure if you caught my statement about loading times...

"Also, get used to it taking forever, that's normal for WAC because of it's enormous size. It normally takes me about 20 minutes to load up a patrol compared to the 3 minutes vanilla. I normally go and make a pot of coffee or take a shower while booting up".

If you need further assistance, let us know.
Old 10-10-11, 08:51 PM   #1356
U-Falke
Gunner

Downloads: 227

Quote:
Hi,

This problem happens if you use cracked versions, do not use them
I had the same issue, now playing WAC without the fix.
Try not to install the fix because it worked for me.
U-Falke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 12:55 PM   #1357
JazzJR
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3 View Post
The 3GB switch you need to add manually to your boot.ini file. Open your c:/Drive and open Tools/Folder Options/View and uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files and click Apply. You will notice some greyed out files have appeared. Boot is the one you want to open with Notepad. Then follow these instructions http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_pape...ows-vista.html

Be sure to backup your boot.ini and place your backup in another folder somewhere. Once you are done and reboot, you will notice a new screen during startup. use your arrow keys to select the new operating system boot option. (Don't blink, you have 3 seconds to respond, of which you can change if you like by changing the Timeout number to whatever you like, or simply put the new entry in front of the stock entry and it will open with the 3GB Switch automatically after the timer runs out.

If you mess up somehow, you can reboot in Safe Mode and replace the .ini file with your backup and reboot. Report back to us and we'll correct your error.
I have read, that there can appear a lot of trouble with the system if it doesn't work. I installed the 4GB Patch now, will try it soon.

@U-Falke

What means cracked version? and what exactly does the 4.1 fix do?
Old 10-11-11, 06:49 PM   #1358
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have read, that there can appear a lot of trouble with the system if it doesn't work. I installed the 4GB Patch now, will try it soon.

@U-Falke

What means cracked version? and what exactly does the 4.1 fix do?
Yeah, go ahead and try the 4GB Patch first. With your system specs, you may not need the Switch.

I myself am not sure exactly what the WAC 4.1 Fix corrected, but it probably fixed some CTD problems as much of Hansolo's fixes have in the past. So maby for you the Fix and the 4GB Patch will be all you need.
Old 10-12-11, 06:29 PM   #1359
U-Falke
Gunner

Downloads: 227

The Fix corrections are in the readme file, it´s nothing of big porportion.

I use the realism patch made by h.sie. It already patches your exec file to 4gb.

Runs stable but still I get problems when reloading saved games.
I mean, CTD's and an old problem I have with dials... all dials positioned at 12h
U-Falke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-11, 02:30 AM   #1360
Wolfenstein
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Hi,

just a question.

Is the SLS Shiphorn-Starshell-Distress Flare Mod which comes with LSH 5.1 compatible to WAC 4.1?
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-11, 04:12 AM   #1361
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Hi,

just a question.

Is the SLS Shiphorn-Starshell-Distress Flare Mod which comes with LSH 5.1 compatible to WAC 4.1?
Hi!

No, it´s not compatible, but the FX_Effect MOD is in WAC included!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 10-19-11, 10:49 AM   #1362
Wolfenstein
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Ok, Thanks.

I was asking because of the sink time. Is there a Mod thats compatble with WAC 4.1 that increases the sink time?
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 08:41 PM   #1363
Flyingsub
Watch

Downloads: 315

@Magic. I see in your mod list that you have extended challenge loaded. Is this the same one as in LSH3, or has it been modified? Regards.
Flyingsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 05:57 AM   #1364
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingsub View Post
@Magic. I see in your mod list that you have extended challenge loaded. Is this the same one as in LSH3, or has it been modified? Regards.
Hi!

That´s not an official MOD, that´s modded by myself and for my personal use!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 12-31-11, 09:02 AM   #1365
aapje88
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
hi

i have Living Silent Hunter v5 can i use it with WAC 4.1 i already have LSH v5+Aces super pens v4.

thanks if you can help

--------------------------