SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-16, 04:31 PM   #511
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi fasted
The Procedure for LSH3-2015.
Install SH3
Install LSH3-2015
Open the JSGME application in the main game folder.
Enable 2 mods only.
_LSH3-2015___FULLVERSION
_LSH3-2015___GUI_WIDESCREEN
Start SH3Commander
Select a captain or use your own.
You can use the drop down box to change from type IIA to VIIB if it is available.
Start the game.
At the menu you can use > Options to make any changes to the language etc.
Go to the Naval Academy in the bottom left corner.
Select and start the navigation tutorial which you can do or exit the game to the desk top.
This procedure has set up your game data and created your v15 saved games folder.
Open JSGME and add the mods you want to use.
Start SH3Commander and make any changes in it that you want.
Start the game.
At the menu select new career and follow the prompts.
When the game loads to the office do not make any changes as you are going to do a test mission in the Eprobungstelle flotilla for your new boat.
Click on the map.
When the game loads you will be in Stralsund one of the test bases.
Follow your radio orders.
Dock back at Stralsund by using the Esc Key and then Exit Patrol.
You will be at a desk with a telephone on it.
Click on the documents and you can give out promotions, medals etc.
In a test mission this is the only place a promotion can be made or it will be lost.
Click on the telephone and request a transfer to the 2nd flotilla at Wilhelmshaven.
When the transfer is accepted you can exit the game.
If you want to have a realistic career or want to use the realistic crew transfers then tick the boxes before you start the games new mission.
Untick the boxes again after you have made your next game save.
This procedure should be done before any new mission but not on test missions when upgrading your boat.
When the game loads to the office this time you can explore it and make any changes to your boat and crew as well as other options that you will find.
All test missions for new boats are done in the Eprobungstelle flotilla although the bases will vary
Use the telephone and transfer back again to your flotilla.
Your crew stays with you regardless of the captains name.
You can also manage your crew in the 'click for available actions' where it is useful to give each crew member a qualification.
Peter
Ok well obviously I did not do all of this. Do I now have to unsintall the entire game and reinstall again? or just delete my current campaign and take off my current mods?

Also what year do I have to choose in subcommander before I start?
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-16, 05:21 PM   #512
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi fasted
Delete any current career captains.
Disable your mods.
Follow my previous instructions.
As I said you can select a captain in commander before going to the naval academy.

Notice in the picture that the Eprobungstelle flotilla for testing is already selected for when you start your game for real..
Although a type IIA is showing there may be a VIIB in the drop down box that you can select now.
Notice also that the start date is approximately 1 month before the start of the war.
This means you can sail pass Scapa Flow and stick to fingers up at the Royal Navy destroyers as you make your way to your patrol grid off the Rockall Bank as war has not been declared yet.

Stick with the default year.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-16, 07:57 PM   #513
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Awesome!! Thanks man
Old 04-21-16, 08:38 PM   #514
fastfed
Grey Wolf

just did a full reinstall for the heck of it, followed your directions to the T, when opening sub commander without touching a thing except selecting a captain, there is no type 2, just a type 7B
Old 04-21-16, 08:40 PM   #515
fastfed
Grey Wolf

the only way I can get a type 2 sub is to select the month of September, Aug. like you show is only a VIIB
Old 04-21-16, 08:57 PM   #516
fastfed
Grey Wolf

CTD!! LMFAO

I guess the mods need to be in the correct order, you had me put the GUI as the second mod and only 1 of the two from the beginning.

Also after I initially made my captain and started the game for the first time VIA commander, did the academy and quit the game, no longer was my made captain in commander anymore, so I then had to make it again and make the "changes" I wanted as stated.
When finally opening the game I now had two captains made, same name.

After going forward and loading anyway I got a CTD after loading the first test mission?
I changed the mod list around and now it worked, Why can't someone just simply put their mod list in the proper order so people would know?

If I followed what LSH3 shows in JSME and just enabled it all it wouldn't work.
Pretty sure HSIE-v16 needs to be enabled pretty early, before the GUI
Old 04-21-16, 09:28 PM   #517
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Quote:
When the transfer is accepted you can exit the game.
If you want to have a realistic career or want to use the realistic crew transfers then tick the boxes before you start the games new mission.
Untick the boxes again after you have made your next game save.
This procedure should be done before any new mission but not on test missions when upgrading your boat.

Tick what boxes? I already made my captain and followed your directions, there is no box to tick anymore.

Old 04-22-16, 02:57 PM   #518
XDugginX
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Default Trouble installing Living Silent Hunter 3

Hello gang been awhile,
I just got back into playing silent hunter 3 and wanted to try my hand at the mods, I currently have gwx working flawless and wanted to check out LSH32015. so my problem right now as when i go through the installation process is that it says it cant have spaces for the file. I go to the sh3 file and it says that it cannot have spaces and then tells me to retry. Also should i uninstall gwx and could that be the problem? if anyone could help me that would be great. I'm going through steam games,common,then to silent hunter 3 file and this is where i run into spaces are not allowed in file names or path. Silent hunter 3 is on my G drive under steam games if that helps?!
Cheers,
XDugginX

Last edited by XDugginX; 04-22-16 at 03:19 PM.
XDugginX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-16, 03:32 PM   #519
THEBERBSTER

Hi fasted
Do not forget that you can use the menus in Commander to enhance your game.
The tick boxes I am referring to are these in the Career Menu.
If you want to simulate a realistic captains career or have realistic crew transfers then you tick the box before the start of any new mission.
You remove the tick/s before the start of your next gaming session.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 05-22-16 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-02-16, 12:01 PM   #520
frankie
Watch

Downloads: 51

Hi Guys

I am trying to get SH3 to work with Win 10 without luck

I have downloaded LSH3 and followed the instructions but when get to this section :_

LSH3-EDITION-2015-STARTER installation dialog:
- Choose a language and follow the instruction
- Choose the
installation folder of the original SH3 installation
- Wait while the files are being unpacked
- The rest of the installation works automatically

I choose the installation folder as per the PDF which came with the download and I get the following

SH3 must not be installed in this path, tried other folders or creating a folder and it says no spaces allowed and retry

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 01:17 PM   #521
frankie
Watch

Hi Peter

Thanks for your patience.

I tried to load the game using SH3.exe using admin and compatibility as OS7 (running win 10) the ubisot logo comes up, the the sub in fog video followed by the SH3 title and red loading bar. the red bar gets to the end then the games crashes so don't get to try loading the naval academy.

I'll get there eventually but its fighting me every step of the way grrrrr

update, if I try and start the game using the LSH 2015 Start icon in admin mode it crashes even before I get to the start screen,

Further more encouraging update, got the game to start, did the academy bit V15 folder created so should be good to go, when I come to start a career it loads, red bar gets to the end then........ total freeze. I have to restart computer , so nearly there!!!!!
If it helps I can post a video here to show what I mean, its probably something very simple but oh so frustrating
Quote:
Hi frankie
4gb patch is automatically activated by LSH3.
You can test your installation first by loading the game using the SH3.exe
On the menu try loading the Naval Aademy if this loads ok without a ctd then you should be ok.
If you ctd then you will need to run the SH5.exe in a compatibility mode and administrator.
OS win 10 use OS7
OS7 use XP.
If all is ok then do the following.
Open JSGME
Enable the main LSH3 mod.
Enable the Widescreen GUI mod.
Just 2 mods only.
Always start the game through LSH3Commander.
Run your applications in administrator.
Start SH3Commander enter a Captain's name or one of your own.
Start the game.
At the Menu you can use the options to change the crew language etc.
You must now select the Naval Academy (bottom left corner) so that your saved games folder is created.
You can start a tutorial and then exit back to the desk top.
If you check your documents folder you should see the v15 saved games folder.
Enable the rest of the mods you want to use in your game.
You can make changes in SH3Commander including the U-Boat type.
You are now going to start a new career in the test flotilla Eprobungstelle do not make any changes to your boat just click on the map in the office.
Good luck
Peter

Last edited by frankie; 05-03-16 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-03-16, 02:33 PM   #522
THEBERBSTER

Hi frankie
I have found that LSH3 does not like loading from the short cut keys.
Try this first and hopefully this should work ok.
You must always start the game from SH3Commander
Go directly to the SH3Commander folder and run the Commander.exe application from here as administrator.
Right click on the commander exe and go to properties and then compatibility to make it permanent if you have not already set it to run as administrator.

Your game loading problem is I would think down to the compatibility of not liking Win10.
If your SH5.exe does not like compatibility OS7 then try XP.
Make sure you are running in administrator mode.
The fact that you have had some success is just about finding the right mode.
I am running OS10 with the SH3.exe set as OS7 with no problems after dozens of game loadings
Peter
Old 05-03-16, 03:11 PM   #523
frankie
Watch

I've tried in Xp compatibility and same thing, I first went into sh3 commander, set up a player name, launched the game then played the academy to set up the v15 folder which is shown in documents so all ok, then after coming out of the game I go back into commander expecting to see the player name still there the name is not there, I click new career, start the game then click on the player name I previously set up, playing academy is no problem but still cannot start a career

I fine I can play a career without a problem as the std game, issue starts when I use jsgme mod to LSH3 which is what I really want play in
Quote:
Hi frankie
I have found that LSH3 does not like loading from the short cut keys.
Try this first and hopefully this should work ok.
You must always start the game from SH3Commander
Go directly to the SH3Commander folder and run the Commander.exe application from here as administrator.
Right click on the commander exe and go to properties and then compatibility to make it permanent if you have not already set it to run as administrator.

Your game loading problem is I would think down to the compatibility of not liking Win10.
If your SH5.exe does not like compatibility OS7 then try XP.
Make sure you are running in administrator mode.
The fact that you have had some success is just about finding the right mode.
I am running OS10 with the SH3.exe set as OS7 with no problems after dozens of game loadings
Peter
Old 05-03-16, 07:33 PM   #524
THEBERBSTER

Hi frankie
If you set up the 2 mods I mentioned in the previous post and started the game with SH3Commander when you loaded the game to the main menu to start the naval Academy you should have seen your captain's name there.

After the Naval Academy you can enable more mods.
When you go back to Commander you still need to click on New Career as you have not started it as such as the Naval Academy is part of SH3.
You should then see your Captains name when the game loads to the main menu.

Peter
Old 05-04-16, 09:30 AM   #525
frankie
Watch

Ok here is what I,m doing

1 open up SH commander and creat a player name and start game
2 play a mission in the academy
3 get out of game and go back into SH Commander. The name I created isn't there so start the game
4 click on the name I created and start a career, mission start and finish is at Stralund (think that's how its spell) this is where the game freezes after the bottom red line is all the way across...... sooooooo close

Quote:
Hi frankie
If you set up the 2 mods I mentioned in the previous post and started the game with SH3Commander when you loaded the game to the main menu to start the naval Academy you should have seen your captain's name there.

After the Naval Academy you can enable more mods.
When you go back to Commander you still need to click on New Career as you have not started it as such as the Naval Academy is part of SH3.
You should then see your Captains name when the game loads to the main menu.

Peter