SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-13, 08:16 AM   #2791
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Aren t we supposed to make loads of entries in last menu.txt when using the patcher? I got a description from Sober on an earlier patch version but thats long time ago now. My last entries are

; Independent engine controls patch
10025=Shafts
10026=Click to enable/disable speed commands for the port shaft
10027=Click to enable/disable speed commands for the starboard shaft
; Contact report wolfpack patch
11000=Dispatching available submarines to your patrol area|Remain undetected and in a favorable position|Send status reports| |Bdu
11001=All available submarines have been dispatched to your patrol area
11002=Submarines in your area have received instructions to join your attack|Stay in front of contact/convoy, remain undetected, and send regular status reports| | |B.d.u
11003=Remain undetected and continue following contact/convoy|Available submarines are heading to your patrol area
11004=Attain favorable position and shadow contact/convoy until reinforcements arrive
; possible messages from Bdu when can not dispatch subs
11010=No boats are within your patrol area|Act as lone boat| |Bdu
11011=No support within range|Be more aggressive| |Bdu
11012=Contact report received|Act on own data| |BdU
11013=Be more aggressive!| |Bdu
11014=Attack contact| |Bdu
; Reports from dispatched subs
11020=Contact keeper continue to send bearing signals|Group act on own data|Take every opportunity to attack
11021=Convoy in sight|Signal bearing sent|Moving to attack port side
11022=I believe to have made contact with the convoy|Sending bearing signals|Act according to own data|Attacking at full speed
11023=Requesting bearing signal from contact keeper
11024=Beacon signals lie in the line of approach according to dead reckoning.|Attacking far side of convoy

What is it now?
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 10:03 AM   #2792
Kevin_Rissell
Watch

Downloads: 383
Default Initializing patcher causes error here

Starting with a fresh SH5 install, it seems that just opening the patcher and allowing it to add the sections it does, without enabling any choices whatsoever, causes the same error. Again, it's the difference between having a digital signature, and not. I tried using microsoft's digital signing tool, but it could not find an appropriate certificate, and another tool in the same pack claims that the patched SH5.exe is not a win32 application at all.

Ran full virus scans (Norton 360, MBAM, etc), upgraded video (ATI5770 crossfire linked (never had a problem with ATI crossfire either)), turned off every requirement I can find concerning certificates in author mode, etc....

No progress made at all.......
Kevin_Rissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 10:12 AM   #2793
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Hey do i need to change some menu.txt entrys for the Wolfpack patch?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 01:35 PM   #2794
DeepWaterDaz
Swabbie

Downloads: 96
Default Same issue

I have the same problem too. I wonder if this issue is restricted to us NOT running Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise. I am running Win7 Home Premium and therefore don't have secpol.msc (when typed in search box in Start menu) and/or the configurable App-locker.

If you are running the above mentioned OS (Ultimate or Enterprise) maybe this might help (from post #8 onwards): http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208191
DeepWaterDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 08:25 PM   #2795
Kevin_Rissell
Watch

Default Not Windows 7 Ultimate

It's not Windows 7 Ultimate 64, vs 32, vs Home, etc. I am running Ultimate 64 N. I am outa ideas on what to try....
Old 10-16-13, 02:34 AM   #2796
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

I'd love to help, except that I cant without being able to reproduce the issue, or have access to a machine producing this issue.

Barring that, did you guys check for virus scanner behaviour ? DEP ? You could try moving the whole game dir to a new location on your drive in order to fool any protection stuff ?

I'm assuming that your account has administrative rights on your system ?

What virus scanners do you guys use ?
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 03:59 AM   #2797
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Radio patch enabled . Enterered scapa for a raid . 2 torps fired and now there are destroyers actively searching
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 06:13 AM   #2798
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Radio patch enabled . Enterered scapa for a raid . 2 torps fired and now there are destroyers actively searching
I wonder if Shaefer had the patch anabled while he recorded his last video
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 03:11 PM   #2799
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I wonder if Shaefer had the patch anabled while he recorded his last video
I wondered the some thing myself . The battleship docked in scapa turned its searchlights on as soon as a torp hit it . That's one way to tell the patch is working .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 10-17-13 at 03:45 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 07:45 AM   #2800
Kevin_Rissell
Watch

Default Well, nothing to do but scrap SH5

total REINSTALL of SH5, including total reinstall of all MODS, and total reinstall of patcher.

Same damn thing.

I played this game every day. And yes, total reinstall of N360 (antivirus). I changed nothing. I am sorry no one can replicate this but it's the most frustrating experience so far., I've lost all my saved games, and the game I loved to play in the first place. I can't even start from scratch.... Only if I don't use the patcher, and we know the difference that it makes.

Might as well give up.
Old 10-18-13, 07:57 AM   #2801
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Rissell View Post
total REINSTALL of SH5, including total reinstall of all MODS, and total reinstall of patcher.

Same damn thing.

I played this game every day. And yes, total reinstall of N360 (antivirus). I changed nothing. I am sorry no one can replicate this but it's the most frustrating experience so far., I've lost all my saved games, and the game I loved to play in the first place. I can't even start from scratch.... Only if I don't use the patcher, and we know the difference that it makes.

Might as well give up.
Sorry Kevin, I wish we could help you and DeepWaterDaz, but I am afraid that only TDW may have the answer to this puzzle
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 06:28 AM   #2802
DeepWaterDaz
Swabbie

Downloads: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by plj View Post
I'd love to help, except that I cant without being able to reproduce the issue, or have access to a machine producing this issue.

Barring that, did you guys check for virus scanner behaviour ? DEP ? You could try moving the whole game dir to a new location on your drive in order to fool any protection stuff ?

I'm assuming that your account has administrative rights on your system ?

What virus scanners do you guys use ?
PLJ: I have checked antivirus behavior and tried disabling anti-virus auto-protection software temporarily (running Norton 360 Premier) to no avail either. I've also tried moving the entire directory to my external and the same error was produced. I do have administrative rights on my system so that won't be the case.

Seems like the only solution thus far is time, thanks for all the attempts at fixing this from your side PLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Sorry Kevin, I wish we could help you and DeepWaterDaz, but I am afraid that only TDW may have the answer to this puzzle
No worries, nothing to do but wait for TDW then I guess
Thanks for all the attempts at fixing this from your side
DeepWaterDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 09:28 AM   #2803
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Hey do i need to change some menu.txt entrys for the Wolfpack patch?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 10:11 AM   #2804
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hello SnipersHunter.

From the readme by TDW:

Quote:
below is already included in my UIs mod

Required menu.txt entries for versions >= v1.0.74.0:

Edit this line in your menu.txt file:

MaxStrings=11100

Add these to the end of your menu.txt file:

; Independent engine controls patch

10025=Shafts

10026=Click to enable/disable speed commands for the port shaft

10027=Click to enable/disable speed commands for the starboard shaft

; Contact report wolfpack patch

11000=Dispatching available submarines to your patrol area|Remain undetected and in a favorable position|Send status reports| |Bdu

11001=All available submarines have been dispatched to your patrol area

11002=Submarines in your area have received instructions to join your attack|Stay in front of contact/convoy, remain undetected, and send regular status reports| | |B.d.u

11003=Remain undetected and continue following contact/convoy|Available submarines are heading to your patrol area

11004=Attain favorable position and shadow contact/convoy until reinforcements arrive

; possible messages from Bdu when can not dispatch subs

11010=No boats are within your patrol area|Act as lone boat| |Bdu

11011=No support within range|Be more aggressive| |Bdu

11012=Contact report received|Act on own data| |BdU

11013=Be more aggressive!| |Bdu

11014=Attack contact| |Bdu

; Reports from dispatched subs

11020=Contact keeper continue to send bearing signals|Group act on own data|Take every opportunity to attack

11021=Convoy in sight|Signal bearing sent|Moving to attack port side

11022=I believe to have made contact with the convoy|Sending bearing signals|Act according to own data|Attacking at full speed

11023=Requesting bearing signal from contact keeper

11024=Beacon signals lie in the line of approach according to dead reckoning.|Attacking far side of convoy

You could check your menu.txt file for the entrys and if they are not there edit your file and add the required lines. If you use NewUIs they should be already there I guess.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Echlot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 03:25 PM   #2805
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default problem with patcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Rissell View Post

Same damn thing.

Might as well give up.
exactly the same here. No cure found. Perhaps I will retry with an older version of the patcher.exe.