SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-10, 02:20 PM   #631
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

It's like you press a key and then you are teleported to a station. Like in SH3 when you press F3 you're at the attack periscope.
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 02:35 PM   #632
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologuy View Post
It's like you press a key and then you are teleported to a station. Like in SH3 when you press F3 you're at the attack periscope.
oh ok. You want hotkeys for them. It's very doable. What keys are you recommending for each teleport command?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 02:35 PM   #633
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

Can you make the spread angle dial highlight when you press Salvo, just like the tdc dials when you press manual input of data??
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 02:36 PM   #634
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

I see what you mean, had me puzzled too lol

Myself, if possible i would like that as an extra add-on (eg: not there by default but a mod install option aka jsgme )

Cheers

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 02:36 PM   #635
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosrxo View Post
Can you make the spread angle dial highlight when you press Salvo, just like the tdc dials when you press manual input of data??
I'll have to ask for screenshot of what you're talking about please.
Old 04-19-10, 03:07 PM   #636
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'll have to ask for screenshot of what you're talking about please.
Stock tdc dials look like this...

If you press that button, those 3 dials glow as they become editable

If you press the salvo button, the spread angle dials becomes editable but it doesnt glow

In your first minimal tdc mod that I used to use, this happened when i pressed Salvo

Hope you can fix it

Also the dials should be in degrees as they are 360. It would be grad if they were 400, but that is a texture issue and I can fix it
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 04:36 PM   #637
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Instead of a hotkey, could we make this something like an objective toggle button? That way we won't have another key to map manually in the options file due to possible key mapping conflicts. (So far I've had to remap all but one of the default key mappings. )
thanks to this great idea, here's what I've come up with:

player objectives (going to enable it):

going to disable it:

player guidance (going to enable it - there were no player guidance events in this example):

and going to disable it (there were no player guidance events for this example, only player objectives):

I kept the whole theme of the the top bar as far as selected color, not selected color, mouse over color, etc so everything matches.

Since these icons now take over the commands, the hotkeys have been removed for these items. Player guidance recording has also been removed because as I thought about it more it was not a really good idea of mine

I like the look of the clock seperating the new icons from the original ones. What do you all think?

Also thinking about adding one more icon to that row - Show/Hide XO TDC dialog. Many of you don't use the XO TDC dialog so this would disable him from ever showing up again.
Old 04-19-10, 04:47 PM   #638
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Me likes

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 04:53 PM   #639
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I like the look of the clock seperating the new icons from the original ones. What do you all think?

Also thinking about adding one more icon to that row - Show/Hide XO TDC dialog. Many of you don't use the XO TDC dialog so this would disable him from ever showing up again.
Looks great! To be honest I'd just completely remove the whole player guidance thing, not the objectives, just the help popups. Since honestly, you'll look at that once during the tutorial then never need it again. If you DO need to be shown how to scroll a map or move a camera by a help popup on command, you probably shouldn't be using mods in the first place.

There's also the chance that Ubisoft will fix the guidance popups so they only show the first time till cleared anyway.

Also, remember to scoot over the underwater and other info icons in case they overlap the new buttons.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 04:59 PM   #640
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Also, remember to scoot over the underwater and other info icons in case they overlap the new buttons.
already taken care of but thanks for reminding me

just finishing up with the XO TDC one now.

Just thought that theres's one more to add to that row....show/hide item notes. Right now I have it hard coded via options file as to whether it's visible or not. I don't like to hard code unless I have to.....

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-19-10 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-19-10, 05:22 PM   #641
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Player Guidance & Mission Objective

Does anyone know of a MOD that make the Player Guidance and Mission Objective actually display useful information other then "Sink Ships", "Patrol Here"?
Things like Patrol Radius, Amount of time to remain in Patrol Area and things to Find/Report would make for some useful information.
I always go to my assigned Patrol "Spot" and end up intercepting reported convoys. So my assigned Patrol "Spot" takes extra long to complete because I am outside my unknown patrol raduis.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 05:24 PM   #642
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Does anyone know of a MOD that make the Player Guidance and Mission Objective actually display useful information other then "Sink Ships", "Patrol Here"?
Things like Patrol Radius, Amount of time to remain in Patrol Area and things to Find/Report would make for some useful information.
I always go to my assigned Patrol "Spot" and end up intercepting reported convoys. So my assigned Patrol "Spot" takes extra long to complete because I am outside my unknown patrol raduis.
I think some further investigating into this could yield some nice results. I've seen in the code how they make these objectives and all.
Old 04-19-10, 06:09 PM   #643
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

XO TDC dialog icon added. Here's how it's behavior is scripted:

I have the option set to disabled of showing the XO TDC dialog box at game start. Here I'm getting ready to select it (enable it):

now that it's enabled, the XO picture is shown and the dialog box will always be shown minimized (not shown) if you just enabled the XO TDC:

now I've clicked on the XO TDC picture to open the dialog box. Now I have no need for the XO TDC dialog box anymore so I'm going to disable it:

and he is no longer visible!

just have to add the item notes icon to this bar and then I believe it's time to release v1.3.0 (still haven't fixed the radar problems yet - waiting to after patch). Also have to look into dial problem posted by panosrxo
Old 04-19-10, 06:26 PM   #644
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127

That is awsome with the xo box...I was kinda likeing the auto minimize down where the chat box was, but i like this idea even better..

Now i can make it go away unless i want to see it for some reason while plotting the ships
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 06:34 PM   #645
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Sonarman Menu Issue

I just found a Sonarman Menu issue. I just upgraded to "The Balkon Great (Balcony Apparatus)" Sonar. This Sonar attaches to the Keel of the UBoat between Bow and Deck Gun and actually works while surfaced but all Sonarman Sonar Menu options are grayed out while surfaced.

Kapitan Minedrik Gozentiet U-69 Commanding.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui