SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-10, 02:04 PM   #571
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Been using the SH5 UI version but really like the SH3 with the new WWIIInterface addition added, looks great.

DW would it also be possible to add a True/False option in the next version for removing the message box from being displayed? Much the same as you did for the pop-up message box that can now be removed.

I don't every read it and you do have the option to resize it but wondering if one could have the option to remove it altogether from being displayed above the dials.
that is a great idea. Consider it done
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 02:38 PM   #572
Yoram777
A-ganger

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
You can actually, there are three settings in the Options.py file which allow you to scroll and hide the buttons on mouseclick or keypress. To hide them entirely again, just click on another officer, that'll scroll up the menu, move the mouse away and they'll scroll down and out of the way.
Yes that will hide the orders again but the officer will still be selected, which means I can only see half his face:

Yoram777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 02:42 PM   #573
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoram777 View Post
Yes that will hide the orders again but the officer will still be selected, which means I can only see half his face:

that means the .dds file you're using for the officers isn't made correctly. Can you send me that file?

I could make it so that if you click on a selected officer it will unselect him.
Old 04-18-10, 02:47 PM   #574
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
DW would it also be possible to add a True/False option in the next version for removing the message box from being displayed? Much the same as you did for the pop-up message box that can now be removed.

I don't every read it and you do have the option to resize it but wondering if one could have the option to remove it altogether from being displayed above the dials.
sometimes ideas come around that are just brilliant. This is one of them. I've taken this one step further:

- gave it an option in the options file to disable the message box at game start (DisplayTheMessageBox)
- gave it a hotkey to toggle visibility (current key is L). So even though you have it disabled via the option you can still re-enable it via the hotkey
- shift + L will toggle maximized and minimized state

brilliant
Old 04-18-10, 02:55 PM   #575
Ablemaster
An able master

Downloads: 121

Nice idea, like it : ref [DisplayTheMessageBox] choices are good, nice one Dark.
Old 04-18-10, 03:03 PM   #576
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoram777 View Post
Some great improvements with V1.2, fantastic work

Some questions/ideas for the SH3 style version:

With 1.2 it's not possible to unselect the officers?
I've changed the code so that you can now unselect the selected officer. If you have an officer selected and you click on that selected officer again it will unselect them
Old 04-18-10, 03:31 PM   #577
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Here's a video that shows the new v1.20 "teleport to station" feature at work:

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 03:49 PM   #578
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
- gave it an option in the options file to disable the message box at game start (DisplayTheMessageBox)
- gave it a hotkey to toggle visibility (current key is L). So even though you have it disabled via the option you can still re-enable it via the hotkey
- shift + L will toggle maximized and minimized state
When using the hotkey (L) to enable it... will it again be removed if pressing the hotkey again. Or should I not press it if I want it to stay removed?
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 03:53 PM   #579
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
When using the hotkey (L) to enable it... will it again be removed if pressing the hotkey again. Or should I not press it if I want it to stay removed?
yes it's togglable via the hotkey. For instance: you setup the messagebox to be disabled at game start. Game starts. You press the hotkey and the messagebox will appear. Press the hotkey again and the messagebox will disappear.

Now I'm having the XO TDC dialog box read the status of the message box so it can dynamically move itself to a better position if the message box isn't visible
Old 04-18-10, 04:01 PM   #580
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
yes it's togglable via the hotkey. For instance: you setup the messagebox to be disabled at game start. Game starts. You press the hotkey and the messagebox will appear. Press the hotkey again and the messagebox will disappear.

Now I'm having the XO TDC dialog box read the status of the message box so it can dynamically move itself to a better position if the message box isn't visible
Cool, you take the true/false option to new heights.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 04:23 PM   #581
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

got the XO TDC dialog box dynamically repositioning based on message box now also. Here the messagebox is disabled:

I press the hotkey to display the messagebox and the XO TDC dialog box dynamically repositions to new place:

press the hotkey again to hide the messagebox and XO TDC dynamically repositions again:

awesome
Old 04-18-10, 04:53 PM   #582
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
There's a few cases where these buttons work better than the keymappings with regards to scripting for some reason. The only complaint I have about it, is that the 5X button to go deeper than 50m is in the exact spot as Emergency Surface if you don't have Ctrl held down, so I'm constantly clicking that button, but forgetting to keep Ctrl down and pop up to the surface instead of diving to evade!
should we consider moving the 5X button to a different place?
Old 04-18-10, 05:15 PM   #583
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
should we consider moving the 5X button to a different place?
I'd suggest above the depth chart, but then you might accidentally hit Surface! Perhaps inch the whole thing, 5X and depth chart, up slightly so the 5X is where the Crash Dive is? It's a pretty minor thing really and it's simple enough to just hit "maintain depth" quickly.

Btw, you should look into making a "Cook Soup", "Eat Soup" and "Rinse Bowls" options for the Cook orders bar. If you could combine this with dynamic DDS changes on the stove that would be great. Use Reboot's Hot Soup mod, so the pot isn't smoking till you order Cook Soup, then it starts to steam. Replace the veggies with clean bowls DDS at first, then dirty bowls after Eat Soup has been ordered, then clean again after Rinse Bowls.

I think of all the possible improvements to Silent Hunter V that could possibly be made at this point, this is the most critical one with regards to realism, playability and all around general awesomeness.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 05:21 PM   #584
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

TheDarkWraith,

First of all, thank you very much for your excellent mod. I can't play without it !!!

Now, let me ask a question: Is the "solution" icon corresponding to the weapons officer working properly?? I think the "Identify" icon works well, but when I press the "solution" icon I don't think that the proper solution data for the target is loaded on the TDC as it was in SH3... Or I am doing somethig wrong?

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 05:29 PM   #585
furby
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

cheers darkwraith...i read the install notes but cant see where i choose between the 3 UIs...am i missing something?

i see the 7 folders... new UIs 1.2.1 TDC in the download but nothing that says

- SH3 style
- SH4 style
- SH5 Enhanced

how do i pick one of the 3?

great work as always

cheers
furby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui