SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-13, 07:20 AM   #91
KarabekianKaleun
Watch

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0

Could you help me a bit.

The IXC and D2 are working perfectly for me. But the IXB hull is entirely missing its texture (they are black) as are some parts of the deck. Why could this be?
KarabekianKaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 08:50 AM   #92
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarabekianKaleun View Post
Could you help me a bit.

The IXC and D2 are working perfectly for me. But the IXB hull is entirely missing its texture (they are black) as are some parts of the deck. Why could this be?
Same thing here
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 09:21 AM   #93
kovall
Mate

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarabekianKaleun View Post
Could you help me a bit.

you play in gigamods ? some kinds of GWX or WAC ? then it is a known error of coincidence ID in dat-files AI-boats with playable boats. You need fix this bug in gigamods to use our boats

Last edited by kovall; 09-01-13 at 11:19 AM.
kovall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 09:23 AM   #94
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Using GWX here kovall, unfortunately I'm no modder and have no idea which files to fix
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 09:45 AM   #95
uboot556
Gunner

Downloads: 283

i have the same problem but i removed the MODS : New uboot guns 1.2,GWX late war sensors snorkel,waterstram+exhaust for GWX and Foam 256.
the mod works fine (if you respect the rules in the first post) but i tryied to add the waterstream mod for the type 7,2 and the others u boot but the game crashed
uboot556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 10:17 AM   #96
uboot556
Gunner

Downloads: 283

ah i deletted the files for the type 9 and her variants in the waterstream+exhaust mod,it work fine but with the 9s the game crashed
uboot556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 10:32 AM   #97
KarabekianKaleun
Watch

Downloads: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovall View Post
you play in gigamods ? some kinds os GWX or WAC ? then it is a known error of coincidence ID in dat-files AI-boats with playable boats. You need fix this bug in gigamods to use our boats
Ah yes, I thought that the problem might have something to do with GWX. Started career in IXC so will look into the IXB later.
KarabekianKaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 11:12 AM   #98
kovall
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Using GWX here kovall, unfortunately I'm no modder and have no idea which files to fix
unfortunately we don't have installations GWX and WAC any more and download them again doesn't enter into our plans. ours mod was made for original version of game and we wrote about it earlier. all our files are necessary for the correct work. we don't know what mods you try establish over ours. I can just specify the reason why you have a black hull, I faced this problem when converting boats of 7 series from SH5 for myself and their adaptations under GWX at the request of friends . You need to correct errors GWX or WAC. it is the only way. it is not our mistake. I'm sure that many modders can do it here. Ask them. Sorry
Old 09-01-13, 03:46 PM   #99
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5

In addition to the said kovall :

Guys,
Similar problems you experience because of files conflicts " nines" with files mods, global and simple that you use in your games. And also, because of the illiterate manipulating these mods. In such a situation , it is absolutely impossible to trace the chain of inconsistencies , identify points of conflict , that solve your problems. We do not know what mods you are using. We do not know what files are present in these mods . We do not use the mods, which you are using . We are do not familiar with these mods. We have created a boat on a base original 2005 . In turn, the mods , which might we use, like you, they do not harm the game. That to advise to you... If you not modders , and you can not do to fix these conflicts , try to observe of simple rules:
1. Try to connect mod "nines" the last. After all other mods.
2 . Do not attempt to connect to the game together with the " nines " others, your favorite mods , similar to those found in our mod (eg , water streams or guns). It will lead to the conflicts
In an attempt to solve the problem, try to roll back all of your mods , then connect the "Nines" , and after that, connect (ONE AT A TIME !)Your mods. Each time the check up in the game. This method will sometimes find conflicting mods .
As for the black housing .. you everything told kovall ... This is a mistake of global mods. And it is hidden in the AI-boats. We won't be able to help you with these problems.
Accept our apologies.
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 03:55 PM   #100
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5

Links to skins in post#1
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 04:04 PM   #101
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Pretty cool! Thank you!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 04:13 PM   #102
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Thanks for the great work, Wise & kovall.

I took a quick look at your files and if I understand it correctly, your files contain many changes compared with stock SH3 which are not required for the IX boats (e.g., the changes in basic.cfg concerning the type II).

Do you have a version that contains only the absolutely necessary changes for the IX boats compared to the stock files? This would greatly help other modders to 'transfer/adjust' your work to their installations.

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts!

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 06:23 PM   #103
kovall
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Thanks for the great work, Wise & kovall.

I took a quick look at your files and if I understand it correctly, your files contain many changes compared with stock SH3 which are not required for the IX boats (e.g., the changes in basic.cfg concerning the type II).

Do you have a version that contains only the absolutely necessary changes for the IX boats compared to the stock files? This would greatly help other modders to 'transfer/adjust' your work to their installations.

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts!

Regards, LGN1
you're right only partly. allow me to bring some clarity in this question. at work really there are some files not necessary at first sight. but it not absolutely so. For example in the basic.cfg are the changed dates of emergence of types of submarines based on real input in active service (it demanded changes and in other files, for example Flotillia.cfg) real dates of emergence of the various equipment ( there is no possibility of installation of the snorkel and radar on 7b type), etc. For this reason you can see in files some equipment concerning to the submarine of 7 type and others. We don't have in our games original version of 7,9,21 type and probably we will lay out them here later.
Old 09-01-13, 11:57 PM   #104
kurfürst
Chief

Downloads: 152

Fantastic paint job Wise!
Thak you very much for the two skins!

Kurfürst
Old 09-02-13, 12:57 AM   #105
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

Thank you for your new type IXs and their skins.
Congratulations on a job well done.
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote