SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-07, 06:53 PM   #1291
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

mark me down as a needs 1.3 patch vote please.

Old 05-22-07, 08:17 PM   #1292
ConcordCowboy
Nub

Downloads: 0

Lets get as many patches as necessary to fix this game!

If it's just v1.3 OK...If more are needed then let's have those too!

USS COD SS-224
Old 05-22-07, 08:26 PM   #1293
Galen
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Default PLS we want to PLAY THIS AWESOME GAME!!

This is how I feel!!
Awesome great game! But it has alot of problems which has to be addressed!
Alot of things in the game do not work!
1 Radio station station cannot be used manually
2 Hydrophone/Sonar station cannot be used manually
((There should be an ability to manually turn off Hydrophone and Sonar if the boat has a mission to sneak in somehwere I dont want to be pestered by silly contacts when I have a mission to take pictures and return to base! Or make it so time compression can be locked in somehow, it takes hours to get somehwere!))
3 Chronometer doesnt load data into the computer we cant use manual mode at all cuz of this pls pls help, this game should not be point and click its a simulation and has to be as real as possible!
4 Damage Control Team needs to be reworked! If there is flooding in the Sub, pumps do not work, and it sinks most of the time. The Damage Control Team is stupid if the sub is flooded they can work on silly antenna first instead of trying to patch the sub, and pump out water! There is No priority! Sub sinks too fast! Emergency Balast blow is not effective.
5 Missions repeat over and over.
6 Dive wings need to be fixed they get stuck in unnatural possition cutting inside the sub itself with hydrolic arms sticking out it sucks!
7 Where the hell is the rest of compartments!? Engine room!? Torpedo room! Crew Quarters! I mean ya UBIsoft got away with it in Silent Hunter 3 but not in SH4. Pls Fix it! We want to be alble to walk anywhere in the submarine!
8 I tried to terminate a lifeboat and a suvriver with a machine gun and nothing happened @_@ what the hell is this!? Are you kidding me!?
9 We should be able to engage other submarines. In the war subs were hunting eachother as well as ships.
10 Mechanics of the rough sea oceans needs to be reworked! At Stormy sea the sub looks like it just sits on top of waves without any momentum, sometimes you can see empty space between sub bottom and the surface of water, the submarine doesnt ride massive waves, sometimes propeller is out of the water. The displacement of water by the sub is not realistic.

These are just few things out of the top of my head, the game needs to be lovingly worked on and fine tuned so its greatness can really shine!

Last edited by Galen; 05-22-07 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-22-07, 08:46 PM   #1294
Lawndart
Bosun

Downloads: 16

Signed! I'm still waiting for an update before I invest any significant time into SH 4...
Old 05-22-07, 09:01 PM   #1295
okane77
Nub

Downloads: 4

Old 05-22-07, 09:07 PM   #1296
monkey_man64
Bilge Rat

Let's see a new patch!
Old 05-22-07, 09:09 PM   #1297
dprucha
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

I purchased SHIII and was sorely disappointed by UBI's patching and add-on follow through, and probably won't purchase SHIV if it looks as if this is once again the case.

Respectfully,
Dave Prucha
Old 05-22-07, 10:25 PM   #1298
Lannes
Seaman

Downloads: 97

Ah, late to the party as usual....

I wholeheartedly add myself to this petition.

Like countless others, I too plunked down my hard earned cash the day SH4 came out...then patched...and patched some more....and...

BEHOLD! There it sits- on it's lonely shelf with other, better games from years gone by.

For what it's worth, the eratic AI behavior is the deal breaker for me. It's just no challenge when they all mill around like drunk professors at a faculty dinner...waiting to be torpedoed at my leisure.
Old 05-22-07, 11:22 PM   #1299
rjbudz
Watch

Downloads: 24

I'd like to see the dev team not only get 1.3 built and released, but also start offering enhancements to make up for oversights on the game's design.

Just after the game's release, I asked why the developers, when most needed, stopped listining to the people on this board. I was pretty much told that they're tired and I should get off their backs. Here it is how-many months later and they've still not finished.

Come on, guys! Finish the job you started.

Old 05-23-07, 03:02 AM   #1300
Spartan
Sailor man

Honestly guys I dont think the petition is being looked at in the same eyes as we are looking at it. It is likely been seen through the perspective of "are there enough people that are angry with us to be able to hurt our public image and affect our stock price?". The idea of giving people what they paid for has not even entered the picture or we would not be having this discussion.

Additionally I have not signed the petition because to me it is worthless as a community tool for the above reason. We are not seen as a loyal community dedicated to supporting products of this nature but more as sheep rip for the fleecing. Talk about slap in the face. Furthermore why are so many asking in such polite ways to get what they thought they already purchased? Does the community feel that disempowered and disenfranchised?

There should be some righteously indignant posts in that thread as well as other threads on the official sites. Moreover people should get active on other game related sites and communities spreading the word that UBI screws over the gamers yet again. This plus email and blog activity and other creative protest methods like using Amazon and other Internet vendor consumer feedback tools, and not just for this title but all UBI titles for sale, to publicly denounce UBI and its bad practices.

These efforts should be coupled with a coordinated media enlightenment effort throughout the Internet to boot. Letters should also be sent to its major shareholders as well as press releases sent out to as many traditional media outlets as possible.

After what happened with Digg a couple weeks ago there is a great deal of interest in Internet related activism now so this community should capitalize on that sediment.

Samurai

Last edited by Spartan; 05-23-07 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 03:05 AM   #1301
zaffo
Nub

Downloads: 30
Patch v.1.3

We are agree vith you It's time to realase the new PATCH.

Ubisoft wake up
Old 05-23-07, 03:49 AM   #1302
Smosh
Watch

Downloads: 28

This is the exact reason I am very wary about buying new games these days. Shoddy product with bugs and issues so glaring you've got to ask yourself what were the testers doing to earn their money? It's gotten to the point where I won't buy it until the game is patched to a resonable level.

Please Ubisoft, please release another patch. This is the only thing stopping me buying this game.
Old 05-23-07, 03:55 AM   #1303
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

I repeat, the following patch is necessary!!!

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Old 05-23-07, 04:01 AM   #1304
WillLack
Nub

I hope they do patch it as I want to have the torpedo camera back from SH111, I know it is not 100% realism but I like to see my torpedo's hit home! Also even if you are playing at limited realism torpedo tracks like in SH would be fun too
Old 05-23-07, 04:25 AM   #1305
popeye
A-ganger

Is the 1.3 patch out yet??
Closed Thread