SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-08, 11:11 AM   #3706
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

:rotfl:

Your link is dead

Well I was away for 6 weeks or so after an accident so forgive me if I missed something in the OLC thread

And the bugfix was for issues that needed fixing
Constant spamming of base change messages while in Koenigsberg
Correction of the LND for lock use

The mast height for the KBL may be something specific for OLC
Which is why posted in that thread

When I speak to Privateer will find out

Up until 2.0 ALL the masts were out on every unit

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 04:04 PM   #3707
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Ok, my apologies. I wasn't really fair and didn't know the reason for your absence was an accident.

Somehow a "t" was added to the http part of the link. Fixed it.

Last edited by Pisces; 07-02-08 at 02:42 AM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 09:03 PM   #3708
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces
A couple of months ago now I mentioned in a thread about troubles with the minor GWX2.1 april 26th-fix that I cannot find a download link to a fix/patch on the GWX 2.1 official homepage or in any of 1st pages of the sticky GWX 2.(0/1) threads. Privateer said he's look into it but I haven't noticed any change. I think if a new player decides to install GWX 2.1 for the first time he needs to be able to download and apply ALL those fixes right away in one go. He should not have to realise later on that some fixes are required, mentioned in rather obsure messages in the subsim forum. And, then have to hunt deep into the forums for a link to those fix-downloads. As I understand it (but I may have misunderstood) there are multiple small fixes that need to be applied for complete correct functioning of GWX 2.1. Isn't it better to provide them as an all-fixes-in-one patch? JSGME compatible or not.
Hi mate,

Just something for you to think about... Having patience would serve you well. Much of the GWX team is pretty much on shore leave for the summer, as some have put nearly three years and thousands of hours into the project.

We have lives, and we certainly aren't getting rich working on GWX... by any stretch.

For those currently working on GWX matters at their leisure, we are shifting to the SH4 platform and moving away from the SH3 platform.

Forgetting your manners and directing us how to run the project, doesn't really motivate the guys to help you out. Treat them with a little care and you will get much farther.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 09:06 PM   #3709
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaper
Hi

I would like to make the XXI sub available at bordeaux in 1943. Could u help me with this edit??
btw, gwx 2.1 is installed.
Hi Rosaper,

You would probably be better served creating a new thread in this forum to ask for help with the modification you seek. The focus of the GWX mod is historical accuracy, not hypothetical scenarios.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 09:42 PM   #3710
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3

The blacksky issue has been resolved!
Thanx for the file jimbuna & the help is appriciated
Old 06-30-08, 06:43 AM   #3711
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve
The blacksky issue has been resolved!
Thanx for the file jimbuna & the help is appriciated
Your welcome sir

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 03:43 PM   #3712
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69
Default Savegame Crashes

Sirs,

First, fine work with GWX 2.1. Overall, its a fantastic ehancement to teh game that I can't imagine playing without. That said, I do have one question...

When playing with GWX 2.0, I encountered occassional savegame crashes. Nothing too frequent, but once in a while annoying. I know that that's a stock game bug. But once I upgraded to GWX 2.1, the crashes are a lot more frequent. In my past few patrols, any time I sink a ship and save later, it results in a savegame crash. My only way through this lately is to keep the game running in the background on my computer so I only end the game once I am in port.

Has anyone else encountered this in GWX 2.1, or is there maybe something else at play?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 04:59 PM   #3713
KeptinCranky
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

There may very well be something else at play, but it would be helpful if you post a list of current mods you're running.

Oh, and make sure you are well away from the point of sinking when you save, say 50km, and NEVER save submerged (can't be too careful with that bug)
KeptinCranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 10:27 PM   #3714
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517

I alway's save games the same way. When 5 or less wind, glass sea & if you save right when boat is bouncing out of the water , Best save position is 0 weather , when the sea looks like a sea a glass. Sometimes it takes time to get to that situation.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 04:32 AM   #3715
TitaniumRR
Mate

Downloads: 17

Tschüss Herr Kaleunen.

I have two important questions; please, answer them.

I've downloaded all the necessary files to GWX 2.0. I have activation problem with extension files .bin and .7z. They are marked as invalid or damaged files while trying to open them.

Daemon tools, magicISO, winISO, winRAR371hu, filext - None of them works.
Having spent 6 hours till midnight yesterday I gave up.

When I dowloaded them I had no .CUE files (only the .bin) where I could have verified them.

Help, please.

- Which is the program by that I can open and install them?
- Otherwise which is the file that is responsible for the agression level of Destroyers in the original SH3 1.4b and in the MOD version? (would be relief if they are the same)

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I am not an experienced PC programmer, so please, take the obvious infos in details.
TitaniumRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 09:49 AM   #3716
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Along with the bin files comes an exe
Make sure all files are in one folder and run the exe

If any 7z files are corrupt you will need to re D\L

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 09:58 AM   #3717
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces
A couple of months ago now I mentioned in a thread about troubles with the minor GWX2.1 april 26th-fix that I cannot find a download link to a fix/patch on the GWX 2.1 official homepage or in any of 1st pages of the sticky GWX 2.(0/1) threads. Privateer said he's look into it but I haven't noticed any change. I think if a new player decides to install GWX 2.1 for the first time he needs to be able to download and apply ALL those fixes right away in one go. He should not have to realise later on that some fixes are required, mentioned in rather obsure messages in the subsim forum. And, then have to hunt deep into the forums for a link to those fix-downloads. As I understand it (but I may have misunderstood) there are multiple small fixes that need to be applied for complete correct functioning of GWX 2.1. Isn't it better to provide them as an all-fixes-in-one patch? JSGME compatible or not.
As far as I know all the minor bug fixes are basically of a cosmetic nature (ie. fix port names etc...)... GWX2.1 should run fine without them installed.
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 10:04 AM   #3718
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann

...we are shifting to the SH4 platform and moving away from the SH3 platform.
OMG

Does this mean there will be a new supermod made by the GWX team which puts much more U-Boat goodness into SH4?
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 02:31 PM   #3719
Wakerunner
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Hey, heres an interesting problem. I have the direct2drive aka Digital Download version of SHIII, nice and happy and fresh. The whole thing installs fine, upgrades fine, and I could even start a campaign. But when I try to actually start a mission it loads up most of the way and just quits out. Locks up the whole thing. Anyone know why this might be?
Wakerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 04:01 PM   #3720
donw
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakerunner
The whole thing installs fine, upgrades fine, and I could even start a campaign.
Did GWX get installed somewhere along there? If so, try giving it more time Mate...the load time does get much longer...and may appear to be locked, but eventually will open up.
donw is offline   Reply With Quote