SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-18, 06:22 PM   #46
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanuboat View Post
I only have a fews mod in jsgme.
WAC 5.0
WAC patch
complete sound mod for wac
tam + fix
and the widescreen.

as i said i followed the how to install step by step.........
CTD when loading the game with campaign file, tryed without SH III commander still the same.
Yes game is updated and i always use the 4 giga patch and highly recommend it anyway so....

In the Progam Files directory? That's bad...

Stop with that. its bullsh!t, i always installed my game there + mod so on steam for sure, and never never never ad any problem, if CTD it was because of my OWN fault and not because the game where installed here, so stop with this fake information plz.

You can even add SH III commander on steam as a game, start SH III commander via steam and you will even be able to stream session.
Works perfectly.
I kept getting CTDs with complete sound mod for wac. I also had loading CTDs using SH3Commander; I had to disable anything that might have effected dates, like U-Boat availability.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 07:36 PM   #47
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:

In the Progam Files directory? That's bad...

Stop with that. its bullsh!t, i always installed my game there + mod so on steam for sure, and never never never ad any problem, if CTD it was because of my OWN fault and not because the game where installed here, so stop with this fake information plz.
No, it's not that simple. And mind you, I wouldn't bother you with that if not important. While with *modern* games (2012+, DX11 support etc.) the program location doesn't matter, older games from Windows XP can make trouble if installed in Win7+ in the Program (x86) folder. There are stickies above mentioning it and I can confirm this with pretty all older games including older sub games. Steam I don't know, and don't spell me this word please...I get irritations...
Just check if the files are protected please. If yes you will have trouble at some point and crashes.
There is another post in the mod section of SH3 you may want to read, the same crashes occur after loading 90%, so follow it up.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 07:44 PM   #48
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
No, it's not that simple. And mind you, I wouldn't bother you with that if not important. While with *modern* games (2012+, DX11 support etc.) the program location doesn't matter, older games from Windows XP can make trouble if installed in Win7+ in the Program (x86) folder. There are stickies above mentioning it and I can confirm this with pretty all older games including older sub games. Steam I don't know, and don't spell me this word please...I get irritations...
Just check if the files are protected please. If yes you will have trouble at some point and crashes.
There is another post in the mod section of SH3 you may want to read, the same crashes occur after loading 90%, so follow it up.

File are not protected and as i said always installed SH III from my steam in program files and stuff with ABSOLUTELY no CTD except mistake from me x)

Really really really no CTD at all during years and years and years and years ...............

I dont understand here, where should i look ? Thanks.
Old 03-05-18, 07:48 PM   #49
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
I kept getting CTDs with complete sound mod for wac. I also had loading CTDs using SH3Commander; I had to disable anything that might have effected dates, like U-Boat availability.

Interesting but well, i even tryed without SH III comm and the result was the same > CTD.

Old 03-05-18, 07:56 PM   #50
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:

I dont understand here, where should i look ? Thanks.
It's here, page 27-28. The player uses GWX mod, but has the same problem. I think it's related to SH3 Commander in his case.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...215433&page=28
Old 03-05-18, 08:05 PM   #51
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
It's here, page 27-28. The player uses GWX mod, but has the same problem. I think it's related to SH3 Commander in his case.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...215433&page=28

Thanks.

Damn, it seems that some of us have a malediction really.... lol
Old 03-05-18, 10:22 PM   #52
CrysisGam3r
Watch

Downloads: 380

Quote:
Hello.

I had no crashes that I could specifically point to the SH3 Commander (and how could you do that?).

Because some people said try without SH III commander, but well its still the same here with or without commander = crash when campaign file is enabled in JSGME.
It could be as simple as you only have 8Gb of Ram. The mod soup uses up Ram and if you exceed the Ram the game will likely crash. If all workarounds are not working and you are being patience, allowing the game to load at the loading screen (if you get that far) but it is still not working then I think the lack of Ram could be having an effect. But who knows.
CrysisGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 10:30 PM   #53
CrysisGam3r
Watch

Downloads: 380

Quote:
WAC is installed how it should be so i followed the tutorial

Start a career load it, and stuck at 90% then CTD.
If you get to this stage - leave the computer loading for another 10 or so minutes - the game IS loading. Don't click anything don't do anything to the computer. Leave it. If it crashes on its own then you are reaching Ram limits I personally think. I have 16Gb of Ram - campaign works fine. I have to wait nearly 10mins or so in the loading screen and it often stops at 90% for 5-10 plus minutes. BE PATIENCE.

I have tried using SH Commander and commander lite but both can cause random crashes so I don't bother using them anymore.
CrysisGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 10:52 PM   #54
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

After the RAM patch, the game can use up to 3.8 GB, not more, unaware of how many RAM you have (but obviously you need at least 4GB and more, because Windows will require some RAM too). Do not use U-Boot Interiors together with campaign files. Also if you stop using SH3 Commander you must first reset all values to default in the Commander and start the game a last time with it, in order to change the saves etc.

You guys seem to move files from left to right, up to down without thinking...
Tip: I think Microsoft still does offer for some bucks the "PC Administrator" diploma. It also makes a good figure to be used in a resume...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 03-05-18 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-06-18, 03:09 AM   #55
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Fanuboat can you post here your PC specify? Exactly
Your S.O windows 32 or 64 bit?
- yours really seems like a RAM problem It does not matter if with all the other megamod it works well
Wac5.1 it requires a lot of work for your ram and if one of them does not work well the game Crash.
Maybe you should do a memory test of your PC

Last edited by hauangua; 03-06-18 at 03:52 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 08:32 AM   #56
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Fanuboat can you post here your PC specify? Exactly
Your S.O windows 32 or 64 bit?
- yours really seems like a RAM problem It does not matter if with all the other megamod it works well
Wac5.1 it requires a lot of work for your ram and if one of them does not work well the game Crash.
Maybe you should do a memory test of your PC

The 4 giga patch objectiv is to allow the game to use 4 giga of memory right ?
So why should you need 16 giga of memory ?

I already gave my spec here, its not the problem as some people also have 8 giga of memory and are able to run campaign file ........... :/

Yeah but my ram is working good i can tell you that without doubt.

I never used u boot interior...... I have real the installation tutorial so as i said many and many time i follow the install instruction, and the problem is still the campaign file.

Alright when some inteligent stuff will come up here i will reply. Because you keep asking the same and same question over and over, what are your spec, did you install wac correctly, dont run u boot interior blablabla, tired of this bullsh!t.
Sorry but kinda sick of responding of the same question over and over.

So if one day someone fix this problem well let me know.

Last edited by Fanuboat; 03-06-18 at 08:42 AM.
Fanuboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 09:01 AM   #57
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
The 4 giga patch objectiv is to allow the game to use 4 giga of memory right ?
So why should you need 16 giga of memory ?

I already gave my spec here, its not the problem as some people also have 8 giga of memory and are able to run campaign file ........... :/

Yeah but my ram is working good i can tell you that without doubt.

I never used u boot interior...... I have real the installation tutorial so as i said many and many time i follow the install instruction, and the problem is still the campaign file.

Alright when some inteligent stuff will come up here i will reply. Because you keep asking the same and same question over and over, what are your spec, did you install wac correctly, dont run u boot interior blablabla, tired of this bullsh!t.
Sorry but kinda sick of responding of the same question over and over.

So if one day someone fix this problem well let me know.

I asked for the S.O. which? windows 7,8,10? and 32 or 64 bit?
I do not care about your ram
not how much ram do you have!
when someone asks you something, you always answer vaguely

But you're right that's your problem , good, Fix it yourself
Old 03-06-18, 09:24 AM   #58
Fanuboat
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
I asked for the S.O. which? windows 7,8,10? and 32 or 64 bit?
I do not care about your ram
not how much ram do you have!
when someone asks you something, you always answer vaguely

But you're right that's your problem , good, Fix it yourself

Posted the 02 25 ...

Win 8
8 go memory
Nvidia
I7
Old 03-06-18, 09:41 AM   #59
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Because you seem to 'know' so many things that one should not even respond you, then you also know that Win 8 is the worst Windows ever, especially for gaming. There is a tutorial in the sticky exactly for Win 8, but yes, yes, i hear you: You have done everything, and no, no, I don't believe you...
Old 03-06-18, 10:42 AM   #60
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Posted the 02 25 ...

Win 8
8 go memory
Nvidia
I7
and these are the specify of your PC for you? how many bits? which card? how many Ghz yours processor?
This is complet!!!
"For example my specs.
Intel i3 2120 3.30 Ghz
8gb ram
MSI GTX 750 2gb OC
Windows 7 bit 64" (by @Niume post )

When @Xenonsurf asked you (#44)
"I suggest you print out your JSGME install and publish it here so we have a clear view of what you did install. (chose 'tasks' in JSGME)."
your answer was:
"WAC 5.0
WAC patch
complete sound mod for wac
tam + fix
and the widescreen."
For you it means print your mod list?
So difficult understand when read?
I seem to speak with a wall.
And please last thing ... the word bull *** t repeated several times ... at your home you can also repeat ... in this forum maybe not...Right?here everyone tries to help but when a man is arrogant he can not expect too much

Last edited by hauangua; 03-06-18 at 10:59 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote