SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-22, 03:33 PM   #2026
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Yes, the only thing I don't care about it is the varied speeds between convoy waypoints.
It leads to the ships getting all jumbled up and stopped, sorting themselves out at times.

Wait until late war when your minding your own business safely submerged and a MAD equipped Catalina comes along........
Old 03-21-22, 03:44 PM   #2027
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Btw, it is very easy to add this NYGM feature to any SH3 install.
Old 03-21-22, 03:50 PM   #2028
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 475
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
A question for NYGM players:

Could it be possible that a convoy has been previously attacked by AI u-boats before me?

Asking because I launched 2 torp at a tanker, 2 others torp to a cargo, and they all hitted … 2 ships sunk … but while escaping, I spotted a latecomer trying to follow the convoy … was surprised of this behavior, so I flew at him with external camera and noticed he was damaged by a torpedo!
There was even the hole decal of the torpedo hit!
But for sure it was not my own fish

After so many years, that’s the very first time I experienced that… if intentional, NYGM is truly fantastic
Fifi,

Been playing NYGM since it came out.

I have experienced convoys that have ships in partial sinking mode (bow or stern low in the water) and/or on fire or straggling behind the convoy at two knots or so with damage like you have described. Not common but it does happen.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-24, 12:03 PM   #2029
Leoz
Officer

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

Hey all, I am back and back on NYGM patrol.

Have time again for this great game and great mod.

Couple of points of interest.

1. While waiting for my new Win11 PC,....

I went out and got a proper DVD of SH3 from EBay. No copyright Starfinder and also the latest version. So, a good win. Had been doing the game from Steam for years but do not want to do that route anymore.

Installed it on Linux via Wine and with NYGM and Generic Mod Enabler.....ran smooth with no 4Gig Mem patch. I don't have a clue how Linux/Win runs Win EXEs so I have no explanation. So overjoyed I played it for 8 hours, smooth all the way.
NYGM is simple for the most part and MOD list (see below) was nothing special. Computer people can speak better on this than me.

2. Win 11 box arrived and now playing it on that. Excellent. I am having fun with the old historical res. So I run it in 1024x768 with a separate Win profile with a large monitor running 1600x900. Again, in window mode not full screen. Fun factor. Good enough and...GREAT!
For the Win install I did do the 4GB mem patch.

3. Interesting, running task manager in another window and observing memory use. At no time did it get above 1200MB. For normal patrol and single ship attack. Will let you know what it does with a convoy etc.

4. It always interests me how NYGM seems the most like events, incidents you read about on uboat.net . Part of what, for me, makes this mod so compelling and enjoyable.

5. Running the old H.sie GUI which is a variant of an ALC GUI. Always liked this. While most newer attack scopes didn't have the dial calculator built into the viewfinder, I am just here for the fun anyway. What is interesting is using it to do wire method speed checks on targets......scary accurate over distance. I find it easier to use that the UJAG clock.

Anyway, these are just some impressions after getting back into the game. Hope everyone is doing well!

Mod list....

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\SHunter\MODS]

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
ACM-GUI Reloaded-h.sie's Edition V1.10b for NYGM
ACM-GUI - Type VII salvo selector
Single Merchant Contact Mod
RadioMessage - MorseCodeOnly