SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-12, 04:17 PM   #1471
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
You mean the beta?
perhaps look in the launcher's Data Files to see if it's listed to be activated.

HunterICX
Should ther ebe something listed in the data section of the menu? I onl yhave HighRes Pack 1 anbd HighRes Pack 2 listed. But 1.5 got downloaded for sure, it took around 10 minutes.
Old 03-19-12, 05:25 AM   #1472
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

I need to recruit these two for the Thieves Guild, cuz they're running the best scam in Skyrim:

What they do is, they cover themselves in soot and grime and then wander around from hold to hold telling passersby that a dragon just showed up and pwned everything they have, and poor suckers like me feel sorry for them and give them money. I must've already given them enough to buy a first class carriage ride out of the country and set themselves up for life in a less dragon-intensive part of the world.

Also:

"Hey mom--"

"Not now, dear."

"But mom--"

"I said not now, I have shopping to do and--"

"But mom hey mom hey mom hey hey mom HEY MOM--"

"WHAT?!?"

"He followed me home. Can I keep him?"
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 12:39 PM   #1473
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Say hello to Grom Hellscream. Bred to slaughter the weakling nords and run like a bat outta hell from overpowered mages!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 12:41 PM   #1474
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Does anyone know the latest patch as done just noticed that's its been patched to 1.5.24.5
Old 03-20-12, 01:00 PM   #1475
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Does anyone know the latest patch as done just noticed that's its been patched to 1.5.24.5

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/03/20/s...able-on-steam/
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 01:10 PM   #1476
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Thanks for the link Ducimus.
Old 03-20-12, 07:04 PM   #1477
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Must have mod:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13049
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 09:17 PM   #1478
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Nice, now the Ground isn't so bright!
Old 03-20-12, 10:28 PM   #1479
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Meanwhile at the grand unveiling of Boris Johnsons replacement for the iconic London Routemaster bus, there are concerns that budget cuts may have affected the overall design:

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 05:15 PM   #1480
Task Force
Rear Admiral

So I was walking though the pale today... just walking and all of a suddent.

Ghost saber cat!!!!
Found it just walking down the road like it was all normal
Old 03-21-12, 07:33 PM   #1481
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Ghost saber cat!!!!
That's the famous Skyrim Cheshire Sabrecat. And on a related note, just because Arngeir insists on giving you some "awesome 'shrooms, man," that doesn't mean you have to eat them.
Old 03-21-12, 10:07 PM   #1482
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Having just invaded Whiterun I must write a letter of complaint to the Imperial Legion.

You call those defences?! I've seen small keeps in Britain with better defences than that! Where was the boiling oil? The fire arrows? The murder holes?

Must do better.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 02:20 AM   #1483
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
So I was walking though the pale today... just walking and all of a suddent.

Ghost saber cat!!!!
Found it just walking down the road like it was all normal
Wow! That cat would be cool to have as a companion.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 03:07 AM   #1484
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Having just invaded Whiterun I must write a letter of complaint to the Imperial Legion.

You call those defences?! I've seen small keeps in Britain with better defences than that! Where was the boiling oil? The fire arrows? The murder holes?

Must do better.
Yeah, there are some cool things about the Civil War questline, but the actual battles for forts and cities aren't really that great in terms of obstacles to be overcome, aside from just killing enough of the enemy NPCs.

Has anyone tried the mod that creates more epic and frequent clashes between the two sides? I mean, ones that just happen as you travel around and aren't scripted for the PC to play a specific part in? I looked at it but it seemed like you'd need a monster rig to run it well. It would make the civil war angle more interesting and pervasive, though, because it would be apparent that there's really a major conflict going on even if you don't pick a side, instead of just small apparently random skirmishes between enemy patrols here and there.

In other news, it's fun to kill Thalmor. I hadn't really decided what to do with them as this character (aside from what was required to complete specific quests) and since I'll go Imperial this time if I do join the war, I wasn't sure about just killing them outright on sight. But early on when I was still very low level and had crap light armor and crap weapons and not much health and stamina to spare, I was trying to sneak back across the tundra at night from some place out by the Rorikstead road and into Whiterun and all of a sudden I was under attack and I could see magic happening on the other end and thought it was a necromancer or something. Turned out it was a group of Thalmor and they killed me dead.

When it reloaded at my last save I decided to take a longer way around and avoid that area and made it okay... but I have no clue why they just attacked me, I wasn't close enough to be a threat and I had avoided contact with them up to that point. I can't remember an unprovoked attack by them with my previous characters so I don't think it was just because: Dragonborn and they don't like that for some reason... if that were the case, I think more of them would have been attacking me if we crossed paths away from inhabited areas.

Anyway I kinda decided then that when I got strong enough I'd kill them whenever I got the chance, which has come around on several occasions. I don't bother provoking them by starting up a conversation any more, altho I think I did that the first time just to give my character even more of an excuse to consider them worthy targets. Since I'm playing a Dunmer I didn't even go with the "I believe in Talos" response, I just said nothing and that was enough.

Now I pass some on the road who leave me alone, but after I kill a group I'll get attacked by the next ones I see provided there are no potential witnesses around. Sometimes right after I take out a group I'll get attacked by a couple Imperial soldiers here and there as well, but I don't care, we'll sort out that issue if and when I join up with them later on. Somehow I don't think Tullius will hold it against me.

What is odd is that I just got attacked by a Vigilant of Stendarr, I wonder does this start to happen if you acquire a bunch of the Daedric artifacts? As a Dunmer I decided to do as many of those quests as possible and finish them "properly" to get all the prizes, so I'd completed three or four of them and was on my way back to Markath to finish the Molog Bal one when we saw a Flame Atronach a ways off fighting someone, couldn't see who. The Atronach lost and then someone came towards us, I wasn't sure if it was an enemy or not and I was in sneak mode and undetected.

Well, about the time I realized it was someone from the Vigil and came out of sneak and sheathed my weapons, the Vigilant yells "There you are" and I think he's spotted whoever conjured the Atronach, but instead he attacks me. First time that's ever happened.

And I have to say, I'm not sure what happens to Marcurio if you marry him, but it seems like he loses a lot of his follower dialogue when you do that, because I've kept him as a hireling this time and his dialogue when we're out adventuring is far more varied and thus entertaining than I remember from playing the character that married him. I guess it's true what they say about marriage taking all the spark out of a relationship.

Also had one of my saddest moments ever, as I've become very fond of the Khajiit caravaners... and it's not just because they look like big kitteh kats, altho I suppose that helps. There's just something about their manner and attitude towards the PC that I liked right from the start. I know it may well be just a clever front for a bunch of criminal masterminds, but it's a very appealing front, lol. And as a Thief and Assassin I really can't take issue with it if it is.

Anyway I'm running the TG and DB questlines concurrently and I finally get the one from the Guild where I have to deliver something to the head Khajiit of all the caravans to cut a deal with him. He's on the road between Markarth and Whiterun and so I head that way but I need to report into the DB sanctuary on completed work and pick up my next jobs.

What do you think my next hit is? I have to kill one of the Khajiit that travels with the caravan leader I've got to talk to for the Thieves Guild. And they've never been anything but nice to me! Especially that group, they trade in Whiterun so I see them and talk to them all the time!

So, yeah, I did the job - actually was kinda proud of it, I cut the deal with the leader when they were camped outside the city and then waited until they were on the road again and set up a long range ambush... got him with my trusty bow, I was hiding up the side path that leads to Brittleshin Pass and after I got the confirmation on the kill I hightailed it into the Pass and came out on the Falkreath side. Poor kittehs never knew what hit them. But now I can hardly look the rest of them in the eye when I have business with them.

OTOH this did not stop me from looting his cold dead body clean when I found it still lying on the road a few days later.
Old 03-22-12, 09:48 AM   #1485
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun
Has anyone tried the mod that creates more epic and frequent clashes between the two sides? I mean, ones that just happen as you travel around and aren't scripted for the PC to play a specific part in? I looked at it but it seemed like you'd need a monster rig to run it well. It would make the civil war angle more interesting and pervasive, though, because it would be apparent that there's really a major conflict going on even if you don't pick a side, instead of just small apparently random skirmishes between enemy patrols here and there.
Yes, I use it, haven't noticed any performance issues or drops from it.

Its called Wars in skyrim IIRC.