SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Subsim International > Subsim.com 日本語専用フォーラム
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-07, 01:50 PM   #18
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

France (and England, to a lesser extent) were largely responsible for the putative nature of The Treaty of Versailles, which my man Woodrow Wilson predicted would start World War 2.

You prefer make buisnes with Hitler until you delcare war to Germany than helping French and British?

The whole Vietnam conflict might have been avoided if France would have not treated the inhabitants so poorly.

And if the USA didn't give weapon to 'liberation movement' of Indochina. In 1954 why US troops replace French troops in Indochina, why didn't the USA let the people of indochina alone.

And then of course there's the fact that France hasn't treated Americans well the last century.

Give me some, we can discuss them.

Even American soldiers fighting to liberate France said the people were unwelcoming, hostile and rude.

Angry people were in village and cities were desvasted by the most precise bombing force of the WW2. Have you ever look at somle photo of Cean, Le Havre, Brest and some other major city or village of France after the US bombing (the city were I leave was bombed in 1944 and half destroyed, the target was a railway station 15km away!). So when you lost all your family and your house, you will see the Liberator with an otehr point of view.

I do think it is unfortunate that France is ridiculed for falling so quickly to Germany in World War 2, though, as they were doomed from the beginning. France fought an undivided Germany almost unaided and before it was able to mount the defenses it had planned. England would have fallen just as easily were it not for the all important Channel.

Do you know how many french soldier were killed during the 5 weeks of the german assault ? I don't think,Ii will give you the number 91,000 and 232,000 were wounded report this to the total population of France in 1940 and compare with all the US troops lost during the all WW2.