Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-19, 01:02 PM   #9706
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Old brexit lies

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-05-19, 01:16 PM   #9707
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

^In the terms of the stock market it was insider betting that caused the crash which is known fact not the actual out come of the vote. Result massive sell off to get their money back after they the traders saw the leave vote was going to win and not the remain they betted on.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-05-19, 02:06 PM   #9708
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ May well be, my take is though, that all who were able somehow tried to gain an advantage from brexit, and it is not difficult to see who got the most out of it.

Also i am not simply pro-EU, i have a lot of hate and difficulities to accept or even understand what is sometimes done, and it is not alway due to my lack of information. This article 11 and 13 is complete bsh.. i agree. I still hope it will not get through. German politicians have already declared they will not follow this EU rule, but you know... politicians.
The EU as it is now has to be reformed, or destroyed and built up in another spirit and way. Trade, the single market and freedom of movement are however values that deserve to be supported.

Despite all, especially here in Germany it was difficult to see and accept the hate that emerged in 2016, against us and the EU. And i will not stop to point out obvious lies.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-05-19 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-06-19, 05:33 AM   #9709
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Old brexit lies

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-06-19, 05:39 AM   #9710
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Chancellor Philip Hammond has said he is "optimistic" Brexit discussions between the government and Labour can reach "some form of agreement".

Mr Hammond said the government had "no red lines" and an "open mind".

But Labour's Diane Abbott says the government has made "no movement" in the talks on the political declaration, which outlines future UK-EU relations.

Three days of talks ended on Friday without agreement and Labour said no more talks were planned this weekend.

Downing Street responded by saying it was prepared to pursue alterations to its Brexit deal and was ready to hold further discussions with Labour over the weekend. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47837142
I can honestly imagine the May government remaining arrogant even at this late time but take no notice of what Diane Abbott says because she probably doesn't even understand what is being discussed

Old 04-06-19, 05:47 AM   #9711
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
British passports are being issued without the words "European Union" on the cover, despite the delay to Brexit. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47833702
A tad premature imho

Old 04-06-19, 12:15 PM   #9712
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Chancellor Philip Hammond has said he is "optimistic" Brexit discussions between the government and Labour can reach "some form of agreement".
Clearly not going well with no talks this weekend, of course Labour will not walk away that is not in their interest as they want it too look like it's all May's fault. They will make it hard as their aim is to get a general election and nothing more.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-07-19, 06:18 AM   #9713
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Brexit: I had no choice but to approach Labour - May

The PM said there was a "stark choice" of either leaving the European Union with a deal or not leaving at all. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47842572
It is in my mind we are heading towards staying and the end result of this will be a general election. Until then May will drag this out as long as she can keeping her in power.

Last edited by STEED; 04-07-19 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-07-19, 08:34 AM   #9714
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Jacob Rees-Mogg: Theresa May has made 'active choices' to stop Brexit
The senior backbench Tory MP says the prime minister "deserves to be held to account" for failing to deliver Brexit on time. https://news.sky.com/story/jacob-ree...rexit-11686712
And this coming from a Quisling whose constituency voted to remain

Bath & North East Somerset
Leave 42.1%
44,352 VOTES
Remain 57.9%
60,878 VOTES

Old 04-08-19, 11:08 AM   #9715
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
"The ball is in the government's court" when it comes to a way forward with Brexit, Labour's Sir Keir Starmer says.

Talks between Labour and the government began last week, with Theresa May saying only a cross-party pact would see MPs agree a deal in Parliament.

But the shadow Brexit secretary said Mrs May's team had "not changed its position" on her existing plan. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47849389
I wish I knew precisely what the PM's plan is or what game she is playing.

The sands of time are running out and it is being reported that the 1922 committee will be meeting with her at No.10 later this afternoon.

Old 04-09-19, 06:14 AM   #9716
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I wish I knew precisely what the PM's plan is or what game she is playing.
By now its all so degenerated and bogged down that most likely she only wants to prevent being noted in history books as the only scapegoat for the mess she has helped to create.

And of course she wants no Brexit worth the name - and getting away with it. That was always her premisse, most likely.
Old 04-09-19, 06:50 AM   #9717
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

How so embarrassing

Quote:
Theresa May is holding last-minute Brexit talks with the leaders of Germany, and France later, with the UK due to leave the EU in three days time.

Mrs May is meeting Angela Merkel in Berlin, followed by Emmanuel Macron in Paris, to urge them to back her request to delay Brexit again until 30 June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47861605
It's not often you get three lame ducks meeting on the same day

Very little wriggle room left now PM but I doubt Steptoe is bothered because you have everything to lose and he has everything to gain.

Quote:
Theresa May is being forced to ask the EU to delay Brexit and avoid a no-deal divorce on Friday, after a change in the law was rushed through parliament.

The cross-party proposal, which has received royal assent and has become law, was raced through the Commons in a single day last week and completed its journey through the Lords this evening.

Peers made two changes to it that removed a significant sting for the prime minister, which was signed off by the lower house on Monday.

Under the new terms, MPs will still be able to tell Mrs May how long she should ask the EU to delay Brexit for.

But they will not be able to dispute whatever new date Brussels sets and send the prime minister back to ask again.

They also changed the text of the so-called "Cooper Bill" to say Mrs May cannot ask for a date before 22 May.

Britain is on track to leave the EU this Friday - 12 April - but the prime minister has chosen not to pursue a no-deal divorce.
https://news.sky.com/story/no-brexit...es-pm-11688123

Old 04-09-19, 07:18 AM   #9718
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

What does this term mean? "No deal divorce"

Does it mean the UK can not exit EU without a deal?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 04-09-19, 07:51 AM   #9719
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
What does this term mean? "No deal divorce"

Does it mean the UK can not exit EU without a deal?
It means the UK does not WANT to leave without a "deal".

"Can leave without deal" it can very much - if only it wanted.

The issue is that the majority of parliament member from all beginning on did never want a Brexit. After the referendum they found themselves in in the middle of an effort to square circles. They must give the impression to honour the referendum - while not obeying what it originally ruled for. All the inherent contradictions in their claims what they do not want and do not want and then do not want, is due to this: weaseling around the referendum's "lets brexit" demand.

Also, staying with the EU would provide still many posts and careers for British officials at the EU - fortunes that would fall away if the UK leaves. The career interests of some certain politicians and the meaning of the referendum could not be any more opposite. Same is true for the simple outlook to stay in govenrment any way and enjoy the post's benefits.

Thats what you get when allowing professional politics as a job and living model: classical conflicts of interests, and in this meaning: corruption.

Thats why I say for a start being potlically active should be limited to two legislation periods - then everyone has to say good bye to politics for all the rest of his life. From president to backsaeaters: everybody shall not be allowed to make "doing politics" his model to collect his income for his living.

In principle, what is needed instead is moderately paid, non-priviliged - clerks and accountants who can and will be held fully liable for their work'S results and who must leave after 2x4 years at the very latest, no matter their possible great success. Oh, and forming political parties and declaring obligations to vote according to party policies, must be outlawed and draconially punsihed. Parties - that should not be allowe danyway... - muist aloso be banned from financing themselves by any form of tax-funded state incomes, like the Wahlkampfkostenpauschale (= lump sum for election campaigns ?) in Deutschland. They must - if they would be allowed to form up, which I am against - be forced to finance themselves exclusively and fully by party membership fees. Donations form non-members must be banned and violations draconically punished. To me, parties do never provide solutions, but always are integral part of the key roots of decline of political culture and a corrupting of state powers.

With this ^ being the rule, the brexit in Britain most likely would have been done differently, especially in the past 6 months or so.
Old 04-09-19, 07:55 AM   #9720
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Now this could be a cause for serious concern for the EU bureaucrats

Quote:
A New European Political Bloc Wants to Dismantle Europe

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...id=mailsignout

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics