Closed Thread

Old 01-11-19, 06:52 AM   #8896
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Clarkson puts the boot in on Brexit leave...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...ote-referendum
Quote:
When asked by LBC's Faye Lyons White whether he is worried about Brexit, Mr Clarkson said: “Of course, there’s nobody in Britain today who isn’t worried.

“I’ve got three children and they're in their early 20s and you look at their life and think ‘why did you not get up and vote?’

“None of them did.

“Nobody under 25 got up and voted otherwise we would be Remaining - ‘oh, I can’t be bothered’.”
So precisely who's fault is that then Jeremy?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-11-19, 07:26 AM   #8897
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Meanwhile, a certain other Jeremy is not as well thought of as he would have us believe...

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn slides in approval ratings in spite of Tory schisms.

Only 25% of voters thinks Jeremy Corbyn is decisive, according to a survey, down from 31% in October. The Labour leader’s fall to his lowest score at any point since the 2017 general election came despite most voters seeing the Tory party as divided following a week of Brexit infighting.

Corbyn also recorded his lowest score for being trustworthy and someone that sticks to his principles, according to an Opinium poll of 2,016 adults online on 13 and 14 December, falling below the prime minister. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...f-tory-schisms

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-11-19, 09:37 AM   #8898
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A bit of food for thought from an MEP

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-11-19, 11:37 AM   #8899
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Nice one:

David Lammy MP:

Quote:
Friends on this side of the House tell me to appease Labour voters in industrial towns: the former miners, the factory workers, those who feel that they have been left behind. I say that we must not patronise them with cowardice. Let us tell them the truth. Let us tell them, “You were sold a lie. Parts of the media used your fears to sell papers and boost viewing figures. Nigel Farage and the right hon. Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip (Boris Johnson) exploited the same prejudice to win votes. Shame on them. Immigrants have not taken your jobs; our schools and colleges failed to give you skills.
Hospitals are crumbling not because of health tourists, but because of decades of austerity that ground them down to the bone. People cannot afford a house because both parties failed to build, not because Mohammed down the road moved in. Wealth was hoarded in London when it should have been shared across the country.
Blame us; blame Westminster: do not blame Brussels for our own country’s mistakes. And do not be angry at us for telling you the truth; be angry at the chancers who sold you a lie.
LINK

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 01-11-19, 02:44 PM   #8900
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46798281

Quote:
And this outspoken opposition [German] MP makes the striking comment that, while he says he's been lobbied by plenty of business and industry figures concerned about a no-deal Brexit, not one of them wants the German government to take a softer approach, or offer more concessions to Britain.
Neither, significantly, does the powerful German car industry. Britain is its largest export market. Manufacturers have warned that a no-deal Brexit would be profoundly damaging. Bernhard Mattes, the president of the German car manufacturers association (VDA), says that such a scenario would result in tariffs, tricky logistics, higher costs and must be avoided.
Nevertheless, when he sits down with Angela Merkel, he says, he doesn't advocate or lobby for a different approach to Britain and the negotiated Brexit deal.
"The priority for us is the remaining 27 member states, that we stay together," he says. "That has to be first priority and that we don't make concessions that would invite others to go the same way."
Say the Germans. ^
Old 01-11-19, 02:59 PM   #8901
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Brexit could be cancelled if MPs vote down the deal reached with Brussels, the foreign secretary has warned.
https://news.sky.com/story/voting-do...etary-11604297

I am sick to death with it all and it looks like this crap is going to go on pass Tuesday vote.

In response to David Lammy MP yes some what he said I agree but as norm with that lot at Westminster they don't tell all the truth. Both Labour and the Conservatives are guilty of using the NHS as some political point scoring ball, both sides are guilty of years of neglect and under funding.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 01-11-19 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-12-19, 08:10 AM   #8902
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

A voice of reason:

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/...98634904256516
Old 01-12-19, 08:11 AM   #8903
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
"The priority for us is the remaining 27 member states, that we stay together," he says. "That has to be first priority and that we don't make concessions that would invite others to go the same way."
I think the last line of your quote just about says it all Sky

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-12-19, 09:26 AM   #8904
STEED
Lucky Jack

Let's get this straight about Labour, they are not interested in getting into power to sort MayBot's Brexit mess out. All they are interested in is being in power and nothing more. True to say they are all like that but when Labour keeps banging on about fixing it you have to ask how? All the doors are shut and bolted so there is sod all they can do.

Quote:
Blocking Brexit could lead to a surge in far-right extremism in the UK, a cabinet minister has said.

Transport Secretary Chris Grayling told the Daily Mail that not leaving the EU would cause the 17 million people who voted for Brexit to feel "cheated".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46847169

I voted leave and if we stay so be, both sides told massive lies and the end product is a bloody disgraceful mess. Better off staying in at least we know what we are up against. As for this surge of right wing yea sure what ever.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 01-12-19 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-12-19, 10:46 AM   #8905
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Conservative rebel Dominic Grieve has urged the prime minister to delay Brexit if her EU withdrawal deal is rejected by MPs next week.

Mr Grieve, who backs calls for another referendum, said she could remove the 29 March date from UK legislation and ask the EU for more time.

Cabinet ministers who oppose leaving the EU without a deal had a "duty to resign" if she refused to do so.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46840589
This is the guy who was sacked by Cameron when he was the PM and as far as I can ascertain represents a constituency that narrowly voted to leave the EU.

He should soon find himself persona non grata in his party and possibly face de-selection as well?

I'm beginning to think the end result will be a remain position.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-12-19, 12:59 PM   #8906
STEED
Lucky Jack

A blast from the pass calls for a people's vote.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46851664

Old 01-13-19, 07:16 AM   #8907
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
A failure to deliver Brexit would be "a catastrophic and unforgivable breach of trust in our democracy", Prime Minister Theresa May has warned.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46853689
Trust? I wasn't aware there was any remaining

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-13-19, 07:57 AM   #8908
STEED
Lucky Jack

^Democracy!....You mean we put one of you lot into power and you go on to betray the voters.

The Sunday papers are full of Brexit and in my opinion they all point to one thing. Parliament is dysfunctional.

Old 01-13-19, 08:10 AM   #8909
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-13-19, 05:15 PM   #8910
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The government has made a fresh plea to MPs to get behind Theresa May's Brexit deal in Tuesday's crucial Commons vote.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46853689

I say stuff it all its failed the whole thing was treated as a joke so lets move on and forget it. Granted that's a lot of money down the drain and leave voters will be angry.

The whole thing has been a mess from start to right up to now and beyond.

REPORT COMING IN ON THE RADIO.....The EU is preparing to delay Brexit to July.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics