SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-13, 02:37 PM   #1
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0
Default Advice on where to put Thompsons Sound pack im my mods please

Hey Guys,

I would like to add Thomsen's Sound Pack V 3.2 to my mods list however when i go to add the mod via Jsgme i get the following warning.....

"Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 3 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI" mod.
"Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII" mod.
"Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "FM_NewInterior_V1.0" mod.
"Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded" mod.
"NSS_Uboat7_CR.dsd" has already been altered by the "FM_NewInterior_V1.0" mod.
"en_menu.txt" has already been altered by the "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 3 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI" mod.
"en_menu.txt" has already been altered by the "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII" mod.
"Submarine_diesel_exterior.wav" has already been altered by the "b25_Louder_Diesels" mod.

Can anyone advice on where i should put this mod? at the moment i am trying to add it to the bottom of this list..

GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 3 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
ACM Lite Map
TMT v2 with EFS (GWX3 version)
Flags_enlighten
Lutzow's Officers - SET6
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
FM_NewInterior_V1.0 - Blue Interior
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded
b25_Louder_Diesels
Blue Night Filter
TTP's OLC 'Gold' MkII Mapfix
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Das Boot Crew Icons
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Type VII Dark cam
Radio England
Radio Deutschland
Radio USA

Just wanted to know if i should go ahead and add Thomsen's Sound Pack at the bottom here or should i put Thomsen's Sound Pack as the very first mod and let the others overwrite?

Thanks guys
Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 03:49 PM   #2
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default advice

Here is what I think. Put Thomsens in first, as you suggest. It is mostly sound files that are called in play, but only partly by the commands file. (voices)

Assuming your list didn't result in more warnings before, you will have the sound files overwritten, but perhaps still called during play. That is to say that some of Thomsens sounds might still be heard.

The good thing about SH5 is that sound and graphics mods usually don't crash the game nor demand a career restart. You can try out your idea, listen and look, and then back out and rearrange the place you insert Thomsens. It is time consuming, but JGSME neatlly puts things in and out without issues.

The only Thomsens sounds you should lose are those triggered from the commands file. There is a very good chance that the other mods call the same sound files, same names, that Thomsen changed. You will get his sounds when the other mods call for a sound. They will miss only the sounds that Thomsen renamed.

Good luck
Old 12-30-13, 03:56 PM   #3
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
Here is what I think. Put Thomsens in first, as you suggest. It is mostly sound files that are called in play, but only partly by the commands file. (voices)

Assuming your list didn't result in more warnings before, you will have the sound files overwritten, but perhaps still called during play. That is to say that some of Thomsens sounds might still be heard.

The good thing about SH5 is that sound and graphics mods usually don't crash the game nor demand a career restart. You can try out your idea, listen and look, and then back out and rearrange the place you insert Thomsens. It is time consuming, but JGSME neatlly puts things in and out without issues.

The only Thomsens sounds you should lose are those triggered from the commands file. There is a very good chance that the other mods call the same sound files, same names, that Thomsen changed. You will get his sounds when the other mods call for a sound. They will miss only the sounds that Thomsen renamed.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply Raymond6751 I will give that a try
Old 12-31-13, 03:15 AM   #4
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

yes i would put Thomsens early in your list, that way if you add any additional sound mods later, they will overwtite the relevant files in Thompsens sound mod. For example I seee your using my louder diesels, if you place Thomsen after this mod, you will loose the diesel sound....
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 06:39 AM   #5
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
yes i would put Thomsens early in your list, that way if you add any additional sound mods later, they will overwtite the relevant files in Thompsens sound mod. For example I seee your using my louder diesels, if you place Thomsen after this mod, you will loose the diesel sound....
Hi Brett,

Thanks for the reply, I'm now heading back to base running out of fuel and need to resupply, I'm going to install the sound pack as soon as I get back to base.

I had this strange engine bug with FM interior and your mod fixed that and improved the sound of the engines

Thanks again guys