Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 06:39 PM   #1592
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I dunno, I think it could be worse. See how it pans out.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 08:49 AM   #1593
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Here's today score

Ghostbusters 3 - Independence Day 2

And that concludes todays scoreboard.

INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 Resurgence Trailer 2016

Never was that keen on the first one and looks like Will is out of town probably doing a hush hush job for MIB so will Jeff save us from a bigger UFO? Find out next summer if you want or like me stay home and read a book.

And now more of....The End of the World

The 5th Wave

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 12-17-15 at 08:57 AM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 08:31 PM   #1594
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The Revenant

Bone chilling.
Unforgiving.
Haunting.
Brutal.

Old 12-20-15, 01:28 AM   #1595
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Bone chilling.
Unforgiving.
Haunting.
Brutal.

I am seeing this opening week for sure. Very very excited for it.
Old 12-20-15, 05:08 AM   #1596
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I am seeing this opening week for sure. Very very excited for it.
And 2!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 06:55 PM   #1597
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Say, does anyone know if the new "Star Wars" is out yet?...

<O>
Old 12-21-15, 10:37 AM   #1598
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Say, does anyone know if the new "Star Wars" is out yet?...
It's been out for four days in the USA. I've seen it.

1,000,000/10 will definitely watch again.
Old 12-21-15, 01:35 PM   #1599
vienna
Navy Seal

I meant my comment as a bit of wry observation. I don't know about where you may be, but here, in Los Angeles, and particularly Hollywood, where I live, the whole SW release has been bit a bit of a hassle. Aside from the near 24/7 media pounding of the SW drum, traffic in Hollywood has been awful starting about a week and a half before the premiere date. In addition to two major movie premieres held on Hollywood Blvd., there was the traditional, ceremonial gathering of the SW lemmings..er, um,..fans, who lined up starting about two weeks before the official premiere and release dates. The whole situation necessitated the closure of about a mile of Hollywood Blvd. and forced traffic off onto various side streets and avenues. The quiet little side streets became a bit more hazardous as drivers, frustrated and delayed by the traffic crunch, went speeding down those streets seeking to avoid the crush. All this because of a bunch of people who seem, otherwise, to have no real life...

<O>
Old 12-21-15, 05:03 PM   #1600
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
I meant my comment as a bit of wry observation. I don't know about where you may be, but here, in Los Angeles, and particularly Hollywood, where I live, the whole SW release has been bit a bit of a hassle. Aside from the near 24/7 media pounding of the SW drum, traffic in Hollywood has been awful starting about a week and a half before the premiere date. In addition to two major movie premieres held on Hollywood Blvd., there was the traditional, ceremonial gathering of the SW lemmings..er, um,..fans, who lined up starting about two weeks before the official premiere and release dates. The whole situation necessitated the closure of about a mile of Hollywood Blvd. and forced traffic off onto various side streets and avenues. The quiet little side streets became a bit more hazardous as drivers, frustrated and delayed by the traffic crunch, went speeding down those streets seeking to avoid the crush. All this because of a bunch of people who seem, otherwise, to have no real life...
Shoot. Glad I'm not caught up in that mix. Didn't realize that's what you were meaning.

I drove down to the discount theater where half the theater was full on the 18th to see it. Everybody goes to the big theater in the bigger town. You can see the same movie for four dollars less 30 minutes down the road.
Old 12-21-15, 08:48 PM   #1601
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
All this because of a bunch of people who seem, otherwise, to have no real life...
While I agree with everything else you said and see your reasoning, this is just cheap.

People with a passion I don't share have no life.
Right.
Old 12-22-15, 06:02 PM   #1602
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
While I agree with everything else you said and see your reasoning, this is just cheap.

People with a passion I don't share have no life.
Right.
No, people with a passion who seem to find no qualms about disrupting for a week the lives and ability to conduct those lives because their passion is so "important"; also, if they had functional, productive lives they wouldn't be camped out like a bunch of homeless people and then expect the rest of us who have to deal with the disruption to see them as "adorable". There are plenty of people, in fact the vast majority of fans, with a passion for the film, or other films like it, who don't find it necessary to make life miserable for those who are just trying to get from point A to point B and live their own lives and make their own livings. I don't think that is too much to ask...

You also made an unsubstantiated assumption that I have no interest in the movie; so, are you saying those who don't 'appreciate' the disruption of the lemmings are not fans of the movies themselves? Rather a bit narrow, no?...

You seem rather a bit defensive on the subject; so, how long did you camp out for the film opening?...

<O>
Old 12-22-15, 06:46 PM   #1603
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
No, people with a passion who seem to find no qualms about disrupting for a week the lives and ability to conduct those lives because their passion is so "important"; also, if they had functional, productive lives they wouldn't be camped out like a bunch of homeless people and then expect the rest of us who have to deal with the disruption to see them as "adorable". There are plenty of people, in fact the vast majority of fans, with a passion for the film, or other films like it, who don't find it necessary to make life miserable for those who are just trying to get from point A to point B and live their own lives and make their own livings. I don't think that is too much to ask...

You also made an unsubstantiated assumption that I have no interest in the movie; so, are you saying those who don't 'appreciate' the disruption of the lemmings are not fans of the movies themselves? Rather a bit narrow, no?...

You seem rather a bit defensive on the subject; so, how long did you camp out for the film opening?...

<O>
Haven't seen it yet!
I'm not defensive over Star Wars. While I like it, I'm no fanatic.
However, I learned to hate the "no life" accusation. It is nothing but cheap in the end, and what kind of a phrase is that anyways?
How do you measure if someone has "no life"? What is "having a life"?

I just find it cheap, shallow and... dumb, that's all.

Also, I don't think those who camped there have been aware of causing that much trouble. I wasn't there, but from what I have seen on other occasions, these people usually do no harm, they simply are a little crazy about their hobby. Nothing wrong with it as long as they had no bad intentions, I think.
Even if they caused such problems, I'm sure they still "have a life".

That's all.
Old 12-22-15, 09:56 PM   #1604
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Haven't seen it yet!
I'm not defensive over Star Wars. While I like it, I'm no fanatic.
However, I learned to hate the "no life" accusation. It is nothing but cheap in the end, and what kind of a phrase is that anyways?
How do you measure if someone has "no life"? What is "having a life"?

I just find it cheap, shallow and... dumb, that's all.

Also, I don't think those who camped there have been aware of causing that much trouble. I wasn't there, but from what I have seen on other occasions, these people usually do no harm, they simply are a little crazy about their hobby. Nothing wrong with it as long as they had no bad intentions, I think.
Even if they caused such problems, I'm sure they still "have a life".

That's all.
For those of us who do have actual lives and occupations to deal with everyday, the campers spending the entire week idly waiting for the opening of a film while their presence disrupts traffic and commerce for about two or three square miles, including disruption of public transit is really very much of a nuisance. Merchants along the one mile long stretch of the heavily trafficked Hollywood Blvd. section suffer from the loss of easy customer access and, thereby, sales. Because of the public transit rerouting necessitated by those fans, many senior citizens and those with disabilities have to walk several blocks to either access the buses or to arrive home after riding the buses. The heavy traffic normally found on the nearby streets in flooded with vehicles not able to take their normal routes and the normally rather quiet side streets are likewise flooded with desperate drivers trying to make their way to work, school, or other places they need to go. The fans causing this havoc are very much aware of the problems caused by their "hobby". But, according to you, all those so discomfited should take solace should feel some solace that the fans causing all their problems, for an entire week, are "harmless". It must be nice to take an an entire week to be idle and cause so many problems just for a film, or, to quote Harrison Ford, "It's only a movie". Using the term "having a life" is not at all dumb, it is a rational observation of an irrational behavior. Persons with full, productive lives do not spend a week just to see a movie or any other pastime that is, truthfully an optional, not necessary part of making one's way through life. If one's life is so void that a film serves to be the only way one can fill that void, time would be better spent reexamining priorities...

I note you are in Germany; imagine what would happen or what the reaction would be if a major commercial and/or residential thoroughfare were shutdown for an entire week in, say, central Berlin because of some entertainment function and you happened to live in the area impacted. Add to this the fact large sums of civic funds, taxpayer funds, would have to be expended to deal with the disruptions without any recompense from those either causing the disruption or from those whose entertainment those fans were there to see. It is somewhat similar to the defense of so-called "victim-less crimes"; very, very often it's only victim-less if you happen to not be the one victimized...

<O>
Old 12-23-15, 12:24 AM   #1605
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Anyway, a few things I'm excited for in 2016

The Revenant ( Get more excited every day)
The Forest
The Boy
13 Hours ( I know it's Michael Bay, but hey....why not)
Snowden
The Conjuring 2
The Big Short (opens tomorrow, hopefully will see in the next week or two)
Rogue One (star wars spin off of some sort)

Of course, Better Call Saul S2 is in there.

2016 looks to be shaping up nicely.

Tags
films, movie, movies