SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-14, 07:50 AM   #1
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

USNSRCaseySmith & THEBERBSTER
To involve the TDC switch in windows the optician, as on Attack Map, at me it didn't turn out, as I didn't try. And to apply mods from Karamazov, as is done in MaGui, in his mods I did not, and to tell the truth, it wouldn't be established as it is necessary, the button should be displaced to edge of the screen to the right that given already was mods there is no place to arrange it. Such is specifics mods from Karamazov....... But there is a combination of the Ctrl+T keys.
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 09:11 AM   #2
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

No apology needed Ahnerbe! It is a beautiful mod!

EDIT AGAIN LOL! IT works I am just stupid. Finally I found the combination. Thanks!

So do I understand correctly that this completely replaces ANY GUI whether it's ACM, MAGUI, or Hitman? The reason I ask is I tried all three GUIs, and I see the same interface with your mod. Are there any other items from the other GUIs that your mod doesn't touch?

I'm just wondering why I need to bother installing those GUIs if everything here is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
Hello jscharpf
I apologize for the delay in answering, a lot of things out of the game ........
In order to be able to work with disks, you should click on the icon officer's on the weapon, then send the cursor to the edge of the screen upwards. All disks will appear one by one. AOB by Hitman will be activated after clicking on the icon officer's on the navigation.

++ Ahnenerbe ++

Last edited by jscharpf; 12-14-14 at 10:47 AM.
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 10:28 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi BigWalleye

Works a treat

Thanks

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 01:42 AM   #4
Plague
Watch

Downloads: 107

Hi everybody,
first of all: this mod is great!!!
it contains everything I need to control my uboat and it's even widescreen!!!!

Anyway I think that it needs some very small corrections to be perfect:

- map tools are wrong: CompassExt, LineExt, ProtractorsExt should be mirrored (in other words 180° should be up, 270° to the right, 90° to the left, 0° down - as they are in stock SH3) - I fixed it replacing them with those ones from MaGui mod.

- as it is, nomograph in the navigation map is useless: being draggable I can't draw the line over it - am I using it in a wrong way? I remember that GWX has nomograph painted on the map. Is there a way to have the same?

- in periscope and UZO stations, the absence of something that indicates whether TDC is setted in automatic or manual mode is a pain - isn't it possible to correct this?

Last edited by Plague; 12-20-14 at 05:21 AM. Reason: edited to make it readable with tapatalk (that software really sucks)
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 08:21 PM   #5
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Not that I am aware of as far as mods adding crew to the CCom Mod. I use it as it is compatible with FM 1.0.
I am wondering if: Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta is making a difference on my end. It is almost right after the FM mod.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 02:59 PM   #6
Hunter
Commander

Downloads: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
Not that I am aware of as far as mods adding crew to the CCom Mod. I use it as it is compatible with FM 1.0.
I am wondering if: Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta is making a difference on my end. It is almost right after the FM mod.
Thanks for your advisep but I hardly can try it as soon as all links to Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta in its thread are dead.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 03:59 PM   #7
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Thanks for your advisep but I hardly can try it as soon as all links to Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta in its thread are dead.
You are looking in the wrong place. Try Maik's Archives ( sticky in the SH3 Mod Forum ) and search under Aces, you will see it there.

Take note though of the mods it makes compatible. All good ones by the way.

LifeBoats&Debris_v4
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
Depthcharge Shake v2.01

Back in the Day

Old 01-22-15, 04:20 PM   #8
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Aces Mod

Back in the Day

Old 01-27-15, 02:11 PM   #9
corporalspiffy
Gunner

Downloads: 177

this is an incredible mod!! wow!! good job!! a whole new game.

the kiel kanal in and out don't plot properly with the way this mod is right now.

the ruler's protractor in tool helper isn't flipped 180 degrees

in the control room when you click on one of the officers the camera does not pan in on his face.

i find that a lot of text and other interactive features have become smaller and more difficult to read despite there being a lot more screen space.

why is the navigation chart so small when there is so much unused screen space?

the crew management screen has become smaller than it was and more difficult to navigate.

im sure you have good reasons. thanks for the great mod.

Last edited by corporalspiffy; 01-28-15 at 08:57 AM.
corporalspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-15, 11:20 AM   #10
corporalspiffy
Gunner

Downloads: 177

the observation periscope shortcut doesnt seem to work.

how do the mini shortcuts inside the periscopes and conning tower shortcuts work?

thanks
iablshipsfornygm
3rdflotillamod
nygm_hires_subs
ahnenerbe
corporalspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 10:54 AM   #11
RobertoMoreno
Nub

Downloads: 3

Greetings all!

I am having some problems getting the mod to run with GWX.

The game loads up fine, however, when I try to launch my first patrol through campaign, I get a CTD.

I have GWX installed directly to my SH3 folder, while I have Ahnenerbe running via JSGME.

Any help would be great!

Much thanks.
RobertoMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 11:10 AM   #12
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoMoreno View Post
Greetings all!

I am having some problems getting the mod to run with GWX.
There is a dedicated widescreen mod for GWX called Conus' SH3GWX Widescreen Mod.
I know that it runs without problems and decent optics, plus docs on how to use the tools.
I find the Ahnenerbe WS very good, but alas it has some broken ego placements in the sub when using right-mouse. To the point I'm not using it.

Against crashes:
The resolution for the 3D in-game is controlled by the d3d9.dll in your main game folder after installing Ahnenerbe's mod, there is a .ini file too, but you shouldn't change it, it will re-scale the res to 1920x1080. But for that to work correctly you must set your grafic card setup to Fullscreen and 'Scale With' GPU. Also maybe you need to set a lower resolution on your desktop before starting SH3. Also of course: your monitor must support 1920x1080!

Last edited by XenonSurf; 03-03-18 at 11:33 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 04:23 PM   #13
RobertoMoreno
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
There is a dedicated widescreen mod for GWX called Conus' SH3GWX Widescreen Mod.
I know that it runs without problems and decent optics, plus docs on how to use the tools.
I find the Ahnenerbe WS very good, but alas it has some broken ego placements in the sub when using right-mouse. To the point I'm not using it.

Against crashes:
The resolution for the 3D in-game is controlled by the d3d9.dll in your main game folder after installing Ahnenerbe's mod, there is a .ini file too, but you shouldn't change it, it will re-scale the res to 1920x1080. But for that to work correctly you must set your grafic card setup to Fullscreen and 'Scale With' GPU. Also maybe you need to set a lower resolution on your desktop before starting SH3. Also of course: your monitor must support 1920x1080!
I dl'ed Conus, however, I'm still experiencing that crash upon trying to start a patrol. It loads to approx. 90% and then CTD's.

I managed to set off on my first patrol via Konigsberg in a '39 start, but ever since then I have gotten nothing but CTD's.
Old 03-04-18, 07:19 AM   #14
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoMoreno View Post
I dl'ed Conus, however, I'm still experiencing that crash upon trying to start a patrol. It loads to approx. 90% and then CTD's.
I have read this a dozen of times. You must WAIT for the game to load, it takes minutes, and it's ok if the screen goes black in the meantime. (although on my system it happens with WAC, not with GWX which loads pretty immediately).
There is a special patch which will allow sh3.exe to fill the RAM up to 3.8 GB. This should speed things up a little, so patch your sh3.exe with this one.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 03-04-18 at 07:28 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 12:15 PM   #15
RobertoMoreno
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
I have read this a dozen of times. You must WAIT for the game to load, it takes minutes, and it's ok if the screen goes black in the meantime. (although on my system it happens with WAC, not with GWX which loads pretty immediately).
There is a special patch which will allow sh3.exe to fill the RAM up to 3.8 GB. This should speed things up a little, so patch your sh3.exe with this one.
I tried installing the 4GB patch, but it looks like I'll have to reinstall everything, as it doesen't seem to like all the mods.

Secondly, it isn't just a hangup I'm experiencing, it's an outright "SH3 has stopped working" crash.