SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-28-13, 03:19 AM   #3286
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,
Best regards Hans
I'm glad to see you, my friend.
I hope that you are healthy and cheerful.

Regards, Alex.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 03:23 AM   #3287
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
I'm glad to see you, my friend.
I hope that you are healthy and cheerful.

Regards, Alex.
Hi Alex,

Nice to see you mate and i am as healthy as a 49 years old can be and i hope the same for you.
Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 09:43 AM   #3288
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Good to hear from you Hans! I will wait patently for the release, I know it takes time to do it right. As we are fond of saying "Real Life Comes First".

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 01:36 PM   #3289
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

thanks for the update hans.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 10:04 AM   #3290
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Good to hear from you old Man.

It's also good that you put down some sort of game plan. That will give the people here a rough estimate of things to be done.

And another big Kudos for the Kickstarter thing. It may really be the only way to go, to make another SubSim happen.
Our hobby IS not a mainstream one after all.

No Publisher will ever pay for a game that is Highly Accurate and Highly Detailed.
Kids want it streamlined these days.

Keep up the game!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 10:45 AM   #3291
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Hi Hans check your PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 11:40 AM   #3292
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli View Post
I'm just gonna throw this out there because peoples hopes are being shattered.

Hans, could you guys release to the community what you have, and well throw it in the mod soup and see what we come up with?
Because I'm sure things will progress faster if you make it public.

...cant imagine Picasso doing that?
Kurt Vonnegut
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 04:00 PM   #3293
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flag4 View Post
...cant imagine Picasso doing that?
What are you talking about?
Old 06-30-13, 11:01 AM   #3294
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Machiavelli ,

you asked why this mod is not released and Hans answered you but you ignored the part of Hans's post which was the answer to your question.
instead of repling to this part you choosed the other part (that obviously took it all wrong) and again Hans replied and told you that U-BOOT-HAHD will be absolutely FREE. you ,again , ignored him.

and , now you are coming back to comment on Flag4's post (a post that everybody understood). looks like you wear your box gloves and you are waiting in the ring !

really , is not need all these ,U-BOOT-HAHD is a huge effort that demands the support of all of you. we were open to all moders to join us but as Hans told you noone serious joined ( we,from our side, invited only one who gently refused for his own reasons which are absolutelly respected).
as i understand from your post ,you have the will to help at this effort , right ? if yes , then contact us via pm , tell-show us what you want or can do and why not....you will be 100% in. but the suggestion you made at your first post is surely a no go

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 02:10 PM   #3295
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Old 06-30-13, 02:18 PM   #3296
SU-33UB
Mate

Downloads: 309

keep up the good work Hans and dont let you Pushing by poeple that not can wait of understood the time you need to finsh this project
SU-33UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 05:22 PM   #3297
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
Machiavelli ,

you asked why this mod is not released and Hans answered you but you ignored the part of Hans's post which was the answer to your question.
instead of repling to this part you choosed the other part (that obviously took it all wrong) and again Hans replied and told you that U-BOOT-HAHD will be absolutely FREE. you ,again , ignored him.

and , now you are coming back to comment on Flag4's post (a post that everybody understood). looks like you wear your box gloves and you are waiting in the ring !

really , is not need all these ,U-BOOT-HAHD is a huge effort that demands the support of all of you. we were open to all moders to join us but as Hans told you noone serious joined ( we,from our side, invited only one who gently refused for his own reasons which are absolutelly respected).
as i understand from your post ,you have the will to help at this effort , right ? if yes , then contact us via pm , tell-show us what you want or can do and why not....you will be 100% in. but the suggestion you made at your first post is surely a no go

It depends on what further restrictions you uphold for the mod. Thus far, it seems that the rules you have hinter its progress more than anything else. They could either be fueled by greed, absolutism (not wanting to share information), or (like in the case of Privateer) selfishness.

Last thing I'd want to see is a mod I'd worked hard to create get removed from download sites because someone on the team got their feelings hurt, and now they don't want to share it with anyone.

We seem to think of the modding community in different ways and those ideals clash. Your team's perspective seems to be to keep it behind closed doors, which hinders its progression and prevents new ideas. My idea is to open it up to ideas and other people's efforts.

The modding community exists and was founded on the principle of sharing, for free, and encouraging new ideas. That's why this forum is so successful. There are more noble motives rather than monetary gain, celebrity status, or pride that fuels modders; and that's to see the game progress into something it was not when it was released.

Because of that, myself working with the HAHD team in the future is highly unlikely. It huddles around a simple contrast in ideologies. I'm also a realist. This HAHD idea has been around for 3 years(?) and still we've seen nothing solid. I'd also like to see some hard evidence that this thing is likely to see the light of day within the 2010s.
Old 06-30-13, 09:52 PM   #3298
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

It depends on what further restrictions you uphold for the mod. Thus far, it seems that the rules you have hinter its progress more than anything else. They could either be fueled by greed, absolutism (not wanting to share information), or (like in the case of Privateer) selfishness.

We do not put restrictions on our work but we all have to eat to live don't you? I hate repeating myself over an over on this but the level of quality we impose ourselves for U-BOOT_HAHD and with all due respect i doubt that anyone would be able to finish it to the quality standard we have set so far. There is no greed or any other power trip involved in the process in the U-BOOT_HAHD project.

And please don't come here in our thread accusing a very well respected friend of the team, privateer of selfishness since your claim is not valid at all seeing everything he had contributed since the beginning. Do this low level stuff via pm please and show yourself as a true gentleman.

Last thing I'd want to see is a mod I'd worked hard to create get removed from download sites because someone on the team got their feelings hurt, and now they don't want to share it with anyone.

When we release U-BOOT_HAHD our part of the sharing process will be largely done and as a bonus we will release a series of advanced internal modding videos totalizing more then 13 GB of data. Also we made our work modder friendly specially for re texture of skins for various game models.

We seem to think of the modding community in different ways and those ideals clash. Your team's perspective seems to be to keep it behind closed doors, which hinders its progression and prevents new ideas. My idea is to open it up to ideas and other people's efforts.

Maybe you do not read correctly all previous post but we mention clearly that we had open positions in team since the very beginning and no one show up and this was giving access to a wide database of knowledge.
Finally U-BOOT_HAHD is not an open project and will not become one because it is our project and no one will be able to finish it to the quality level we have set it for period. As an analogy would you let a butcher replace your surgeon for a risky surgery?

The modding community exists and was founded on the principle of sharing, for free, and encouraging new ideas. That's why this forum is so successful. There are more noble motives rather than monetary gain, celebrity status, or pride that fuels modders; and that's to see the game progress into something it was not when it was released.

You probably have a lot of homework to do before stating comments like this since follow all the posts related to the U-BOOT_HAHD development since the very beginning and you will quickly see that all modders and community members were contributing to different development phases according to their knowledge like, Anvart,privateer, Diving Duck, the darkwraith, Rubini, Stiebler, Urfish and many others.

Because of that, myself working with the HAHD team in the future is highly unlikely. It huddles around a simple contrast in ideologies. I'm also a realist. This HAHD idea has been around for 3 years(?) and still we've seen nothing solid. I'd also like to see some hard evidence that this thing is likely to see the light of day within the 2010s.

Don't worry with your latest post there is not a slightness chance we would want someone as immature in team!

U-BOOT_HAHD have been in development for only 2 years not 3.

All your statements so far don't stand one once of credibility, saying we have no tangible evidence of what work was done so far, are you serious here or just drunk on some cheap booze? The website, this thread here + the videos showing ingame content and all the promotional stuff!

Normally i can handle my temper very good but i think that you just overdone it for this week, your attitude is totally unacceptable and immature and i suggest you strongly to read all your comments from the beginning and do your homework before accusing people of thing they never did.

Hans

Old 06-30-13, 10:11 PM   #3299
machiavelli
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post

We do not put restrictions on our work but we all have to eat to live don't you? I hate repeating myself over an over on this but the level of quality we impose ourselves for U-BOOT_HAHD and with all due respect i doubt that anyone would be able to finish it to the quality standard we have set so far. There is no greed or any other power trip involved in the process in the U-BOOT_HAHD project.

And please don't come here in our thread accusing a very well respected friend of the team, privateer of selfishness since your claim is not valid at all seeing everything he had contributed since the beginning. Do this low level stuff via pm please and show yourself as a true gentleman.

When we release U-BOOT_HAHD our part of the sharing process will be largely done and as a bonus we will release a series of advanced internal modding videos totalizing more then 13 GB of data. Also we made our work modder friendly specially for re texture of skins for various game models.

Maybe you do not read correctly all previous post but we mention clearly that we had open positions in team since the very beginning and no one show up and this was giving access to a wide database of knowledge.
Finally U-BOOT_HAHD is not an open project and will not become one because it is our project and no one will be able to finish it to the quality level we have set it for period. As an analogy would you let a butcher replace your surgeon for a risky surgery?

You probably have a lot of homework to do before stating comments like this since follow all the posts related to the U-BOOT_HAHD development since the very beginning and you will quickly see that all modders and community members were contributing to different development phases according to their knowledge like, Anvart,privateer, Diving Duck, the darkwraith, Rubini, Stiebler, Urfish and many others.

Don't worry with your latest post there is not a slightness chance we would want someone as immature in team!

U-BOOT_HAHD have been in development for only 2 years not 3.

All your statements so far don't stand one once of credibility, saying we have no tangible evidence of what work was done so far, are you serious here or just drunk on some cheap booze? The website, this thread here + the videos showing ingame content and all the promotional stuff!

Normally i can handle my temper very good but i think that you just overdone it for this week, your attitude is totally unacceptable and immature and i suggest you strongly to read all your comments from the beginning and do your homework before accusing people of thing they never did.

Hans
Don't lose your temper there old chap.

I think I've made it pretty clear that I have no interest in joining your team. There doesn't need to be any further discussion about such nonsense.

Someone who thinks Privateer is a
"a very well respected friend of the team" seems to be oblivious to their own surroundings, and how he hounds people in these forums.

With such a handicap at the helm such as yourself, I wish the HAHD team the best of luck in their endeavors.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 06-30-13, 11:17 PM   #3300
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Don't lose your temper there old chap.

I think I've made it pretty clear that I have no interest in joining your team. There doesn't need to be any further discussion about such nonsense.

Someone who thinks Privateer is a
"a very well respected friend of the team" seems to be oblivious to their own surroundings, and how he hounds people in these forums.

With such a handicap at the helm such as yourself, I wish the HAHD team the best of luck in their endeavors.
Ok enough now, you have absolutely no class and avoid this thread in the future!

Crew: Machiavelli is in tube 0ne Her kaleunn awaiting orders?

Hans :

You can come back in this thread when you are mature enough and with apology to the people you insult in it.

Best regards Hans