Old 04-01-18, 02:28 PM   #7801
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43549831

Here is a man who knows Hizbollah commits terrorist atrocities against Jews, but calls them his friends and attends pro-Hizbollah rallies in London. Exactly the same goes for Hamas. Raed Salah says Jews kill Christian children to drink their blood. He opposes his extradition and invites him for tea at the House of Commons. These are not the only cases. He is repeatedly found alongside people with blatantly anti-Semitic views, but claims never to hear or read them.

I'm wondering if Corbyn has suddenly found himself stuck between a rock and a hard place
He has blown it...Eddie Izzard appointment!

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43577208

She must deliver on this or it will be the cause of her downfall.

Oh, and Tony, stop being a dafty.
She has gone way over time on the easy stuff and now the hard stuff is on the way. Another one who has blown it.

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43609657

I wholeheartedly support this
Agreed with that.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-02-18, 09:31 AM   #7802
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
The comedian Eddie Izzard, newly appointed to Labour's ruling body, has said the party must "stamp out completely the stain of anti-Semitism".

His comments came as Labour distanced itself from a series of controversial pro-Jeremy Corbyn Facebook groups.

A report published in the Sunday Times claims to have uncovered more than 2,000 anti-Semitic, racist or abusive comments in them.

A Labour spokesman said the groups are not connected to the party in any way.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43613464

Tough times ahead for the party currently led by the 'unelectable one'.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-02-18, 01:39 PM   #7803
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Momentum, the Labour movement backing Jeremy Corbyn, has said that anti-Semitism in the party is more widespread than it had understood.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43620717

While the mess gets bigger old JC got one thing right. He deleted his FB account, good move as social media is a hate machine in most part.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 04-03-18, 02:18 PM   #7804
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn has defended his decision to attend a dinner organised by a left-wing Jewish group following criticism from mainstream Jewish leaders.

Asked if he had any regrets about being at the Jewdas event, the Labour leader said: "Not in the slightest."

The Board of Deputies of British Jews and other groups said it cast fresh doubts on Mr Corbyn's commitment to tackling anti-Semitism in Labour.
Quote:
The Jewish Labour Movement said Mr Corbyn's attendance at the Jewdas event "topped off the worst week on record of awful relations between the Labour Party and the Jewish community".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43624231

I'm not sure if Corbyn is acting naively, stupidly, or both

Old 04-04-18, 02:48 AM   #7805
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

"Theresa May has said that Brexit means there will be more money available to spend on the NHS and schools."

Bovine scatology. It has already been proven that Boris Johnson was lying (or "he did not know better", though i doubt it).
So people still believe in the red bus polemics? Has Mrs May also been hit by the red bus?

Then Mrs May is really dumb to repeat it. After all it was not her who had invented the lie. She was not for brexit, she does not believe it is better (whatever she has to say to please) and she did not lie about it. Not until now.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-04-18, 04:49 AM   #7806
bertieck476
Chief

Downloads: 33

Im sure once we have finally left and stop paying into the EU that there will be more cash for the NHS and schools, what we dont know and Mrs May hasn't told us is how much.
Old 04-04-18, 05:10 AM   #7807
Catfish

You will overfish without regulation, unless you regulate it yourself. Where is the advantage for UK fishery? Infrastructure and modernising or rebuilding of (very) old houses has been postponed for decades because of lack of money, but has been recently begun with help of the EU.
Look at the rebuilding of Manchester. Not only the money, but expertise was transferred without economical advantage for the EU.
Creation of jobs in the UK, plants, production, then all those scientific projects - well at least the latter will probably continue because scientists usually do not care about politics.
Maybe you can then do it all by "yourself", but this "yourself" is becoming obsolete. There is no point in doing anything alone anymore, economy and technology is too much intertwined, which is a good thing for prosperity of all.
More money for the NHS, and the "common man", within England and maybe later the UK. I believe it when i see it.

Old 04-04-18, 08:24 AM   #7808
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
More money for the NHS, and the "common man", within England and maybe later the UK. I believe it when i see it.
Me too actually but the main reasons the vote went for BREXIT was to enable the UK to regain control of her borders, law making and immigration.

Old 04-05-18, 09:27 AM   #7809
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Labour has called for an investigation into whether Boris Johnson "misled" the public over Russian involvement in the Salisbury nerve agent attack.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn earlier implied the foreign secretary had exaggerated the findings of the UK's defence laboratory, Porton Down.

Mr Johnson responded that Mr Corbyn's remarks were "lamentable".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43639801

Is it possible Corbyn could be a Russian spy?

Old 04-08-18, 05:12 AM   #7810
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain’s sugar tax on soft drinks came into effect on Friday, a move that will lead to some higher prices...
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUKKCN1HD1K2

How about reducing the cost on healthy food like fish that around here cost near on £7:00 for a small portion. I have noticed the cost of veg as well has been going up but you can still buy a 150g bar of chocolate for under or £1:00!

I think this tax on full sugar drinks is just a half-arse typical dumb government move. They will not tackle the food industry head on and its the consumer who cops it every time.

Old 04-08-18, 07:23 AM   #7811
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
A bitter row has broken out between Labour and the Conservatives over their language and response to the nerve agent attack in Salisbury.

Boris Johnson accused Jeremy Corbyn of refusing to "unequivocally" blame the Russian state, describing him as "the Kremlin's useful idiot".

But Labour said Mr Johnson was the "idiot" having "undermined his own government's position" on the evidence.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43686718

Old 04-09-18, 05:25 PM   #7812
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
A new political party with access to up to £50m in funding has been secretly under development for more than a year by a network of entrepreneurs, philanthropists and donors keen to “break the Westminster mould”, the Observer can reveal.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ster-uk-brexit

May get my vote as I am fed up with the big three. Mind you saying that, I suspect they will go the same way as the others if they get off the ground.

Old 04-10-18, 05:49 AM   #7813
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Tony Blair does not want to lead a new centre-ground party "at this or any stage", he has told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43710726

Thank God!!

Old 04-11-18, 06:43 AM   #7814
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have not invited Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn to their wedding.

US President Donald Trump will not be invited.

It has also been confirmed that Barack and Michelle Obama, who are friends of the prince, have not been invited.
No more soup for you and you and you and you and you.

Quote:
Among the 1,200 members of the public who will be allowed into the grounds of Windsor Castle on 19 May will be a 12-year-old girl injured in the Manchester Arena attack.

As her plus one, the schoolgirl will take grandmother Sharon Goodman, whose grand-daughter Olivia Campbell-Hardy died in the bombing.
Far more worthy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43714329

Old 04-11-18, 06:57 AM   #7815
Catfish

Quote:
No more soup for you and you and you and you and you.
Hey i was not invited either!

Quote:
Far more worthy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43714329
True.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics