SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-07, 12:13 PM   #1981
Cap'n Spanky
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default install issue

Howdy,

Didn't see this posted via search so here goes. I'm trying to install GWX and I get a "Not a patched to 1.4b SHIII" when in fact it is. This is a new DVD Game and it's been installed on a clean Vista system patched to 1.4b and the StarForce driver update.

I have gwx.exe and the bin files in the same folder. The text from the FWXInstErr file reads:

Verification of "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII" by The Grey Wolves Expansion failed.
Test 1 = PASSED
Test 2 = PASSED
Test 3 = FAILED - 1.0.0.1
Test 4 = PASSED
Test 5 = PASSED

I went BACK to UBI and verified I have the 1.4B patch... here is that file name:

silent_hunter_3_dvd_1.4b_us

Bill
Cap'n Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 12:33 PM   #1982
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Spanky
Howdy,

Didn't see this posted via search so here goes. I'm trying to install GWX and I get a "Not a patched to 1.4b SHIII" when in fact it is. This is a new DVD Game and it's been installed on a clean Vista system patched to 1.4b and the StarForce driver update.

I have gwx.exe and the bin files in the same folder. The text from the FWXInstErr file reads:

Verification of "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII" by The Grey Wolves Expansion failed.
Test 1 = PASSED
Test 2 = PASSED
Test 4 = PASSED
Test 5 = PASSED

I went BACK to UBI and verified I have the 1.4B patch... here is that file name:

Bill
Hi mate, welcome to Subsim. I use XP and am not familiar with Vista...

However, you will need to visit this thread. Vista, unfortunately will make you life a bit interesting until you follow the directions here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105144

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 12:46 PM   #1983
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Have a read of that thread
I think the crux of it is you need to right click and run as administrator on all installs you do

If you run your game and look in the bottom left corner it will most likely say 1.0 as the 1.04b patch hasnt taken

Vista for you
Plenty of ppl have got it going on Vista so hang in there

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 03:20 PM   #1984
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I was on another thread about load times but thought I better ask here.

Will it cause any problems if I move the Museum folder to backup folder?

Reason I ask is to speedup load times.

I have never and I mean NEVER had a ctd with GWX 1.03 and I want to keep that perfect record .

Anyone know ? Thx.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 03:25 PM   #1985
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Well if it aint broke dont fix it
The museum file is nothing and shouldnt intefere with load times
I would leave where is

Old 10-11-07, 03:35 PM   #1986
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Thx BBW Your rite on the money as usual. Thx again.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 05:49 PM   #1987
ThorHammer82
Nub

Default Error

Hello all! Recently installed Silent Hunter 3 on my machine. It came as version 1.4. Have tried installing the GWX three times. Each time I attempt to install the mod I get multiple errors, all saying such and such a file is corrupted. It then gives me three options; Abort, Retry, Ignore. I have since went back and uninstalled, and then reinstalled 3 times. Each time the same errors pop up. I find these errors odd because the game itself runs fine. I have encountered no problems at all. Any ideas/adivce/recommendations?
ThorHammer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 07:15 PM   #1988
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Howdy,

Test 1 = PASSED
Test 2 = PASSED
Test 4 = PASSED
Test 5 = PASSED

Bill
Easiest soultion - UNINSTALL SH3 then:
-delete the residual SilentHunterIII installation folder and all contents
-delete (or at least rename) your "MyDocuments\SH3" save game folder
-delete the "C:\Users\<User_name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SilentHunterIII" folder and all contents if it exists (it may be hidden).

Then, reinstall SH3 OUTSIDE of Program Files, say to somewhere like C:\Games (or perhaps even better on to a different drive altogether). This will avoid Vista's UAC getting in the way every time you want to change an SH3 file.

After this, patch to 1.4b (run as administrator just to be sure) and reinstall GWX.

Problem be gone.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 07:20 PM   #1989
Cap'n Spanky
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
I think the crux of it is you need to right click and run as administrator on all installs you do

If you run your game and look in the bottom left corner it will most likely say 1.0 as the 1.04b patch hasnt taken

Vista for you
BBW...
I followed the step by steps from the pointed thread. SHIII runs fine, I just get the "invalid 1.4b version" when trying to execute GWX.

I actually spent a goodly part of the morning reading all the Vista threads here before ever attempting the install. Just to "make sure" I have re downloaded and re applied the 1.4b patch. Still GWX.exe says it's not valid.
Cap'n Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 07:26 PM   #1990
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly

Vista for you
BBW...
I followed the step by steps from the pointed thread. SHIII runs fine, I just get the "invalid 1.4b version" when trying to execute GWX.

I actually spent a goodly part of the morning reading all the Vista threads here before ever attempting the install. Just to "make sure" I have re downloaded and re applied the 1.4b patch. Still GWX.exe says it's not valid.
Then you missed a few... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...virtualization and http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...virtualization

Going through them should see you right. To be frank, that Vista sticky you would have read is just a rambling mess of "guesswork".
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 07:20 AM   #1991
moscowexile
Navy Dude

Downloads: 206
Default Big probs with GWEX

OK, here's how it is: I live in Moscow. It's hard here not to buy pirated copies of anything even when you are told they're not pirated. I'm a nut on authenticity and got hooked onto Grey Wolves but because of piracy I can't modify "genuine" SHIIIs that I've bought here. So last month I was in the UK and bought a genuine SHIII there and my GWX just won't recognise it! It did once, for some reason or other but more than likely because I'd had problems with my PC and had formated my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP; but then GWX crashed after I restarted my first mission having saved that mission at sea on the previous evening. I reinstalled SHIII but now get a message saying that the expansion doesn't recognise the DVD that I bought in the UK and I've downladed the SHIII 1.4b mod and that won't recognise my bought in England DVD SHIII either.

I've just slogged through all previous 99 pages of this thread and have now some idea of posible causes of my dilemma. I should also like to thank all involved in the creation of this fantastic mod.

Sehr geehrte Kapitäne, was würden Sie mir raten?

Last edited by moscowexile; 10-12-07 at 11:21 AM.
moscowexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 03:52 PM   #1992
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

First off
Check whether your SHIII DVD has already got the 1.4b patch on it

Old 10-13-07, 01:40 AM   #1993
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
PortTGAs

Would I be correct in saying that there are 37 ports to attack/visit/hide/stalk in the GWX world? What I'm really after is the port TGAs located at C: /ProgramFiles/Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII/data/Locations

I found 37 ports with TGAs are there more? Or am I on target with my assumption.
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 02:59 AM   #1994
moscowexile
Navy Dude

Downloads: 206

In reply to bigboywoolly's suggestion, I've checked the DVD specs and it says: v 1.5.

I was beginning to think that my system may be at fault. The graphics card is Radeon 9550 AGP (0x4153). I downloaded the latest compatible ATI drive but no joy. However, when I thought that I had last got GWX up and running, I had done a complete format of my hard disk and reinstalled the graphics drive that came with the computer, namely version 5.2.3790.2, when I bought it some 3 years ago. So the game did work fine with this graphics card and old driver but now doesn't respond after I saved a mission at sea.

The GWX pack that I used was downloaded from Gameshadow. That was the pack with which I had temporary success. I have downloaded the GWX bundles available on this forum but with no success.

Ende der Durchsage.
moscowexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 03:20 AM   #1995
Koondawg
Grey Wolf

Wondering if he has the correct patch?

And I got my gme to load and play faster by adjusting my Virtual Memory...
Koondawg is offline   Reply With Quote