Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-16, 05:24 AM   #2086
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Did it have 'Google' written on the side?
Worse. It had "slovenska vojska" and an antenna array so it wasnt really hidding the fact it was a spy car.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 05:31 AM   #2087
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Worse. It had "slovenska vojska" and an antenna array so it wasnt really hidding the fact it was a spy car.
Now that's smart...
Old 10-07-16, 06:14 AM   #2088
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Now that's smart...
They got trough the border and reached the Croat capital un-noticed. It worked.

They made an affair out of it like war was to start. In the end someone lost some rank due to incompetent navigation and all the equipment was returned. Croats use the same set up so they didnt learned anything new.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 08:47 AM   #2089
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
We once had a spy car sniffing into Croatia. They reached Zagreb before being caught.
Did it run out of petrol?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 03:18 AM   #2090
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Turning back to the Middle East, the recently released Podesta Papers give an interesting insight into developments there.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/882

Quote:
His [Erdogans] foreign policy has been based on having no enemies and calm on his borders. But he is now faced with chaos and conflict on his borders. He fears, with good reason an Iranian/Russian/Syrian/Kurdish axis. This, together with Turkey's slowing economic growth and large debt overhang, and his membership in NATO, gives us leverage. Indeed, one of the reasons he is warming-up to possible resumption of relations with Israel is his fear that he is isolated. He openly said he wants to restore relations with Israel. Likewise, he is taking a more conciliatory approach toward Cyprus, reciprocated by the new government there. This concern opens opportunities for the U.S. to get Erdogan to lean more to the West. Likewise, the burden of dealing with well over a million Syrian refugees, and the EU funds that will be provided to help keep them from coming to Europe, provides some leverage for the West.
Quote:
Erdogan believes the U.S. needs Turkey more than Turkey needs the U.S. There was a division in the Board of how to deal with this problem. A few felt we should adopt a tougher tone to disabuse him of this belief, but a majority felt we should be exploring ways to take advantage of Turkey's economic problems and security threats to draw him closer to the U.S.
Quote:
Turkey wants a No-Fly Zone in northern Syria to protect refugees and staunch the flow into Turkey .But this can only happen if they and others put boots on the ground.

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 12:36 PM   #2091
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

And Russia has made its base in Syria permanent, shipments of supplies to the base has increased, and the aircraft from there that returned to bases in Russia have gone back to Syria. Mainly SU 24's and SU 34's. I like this part of the agreement that Russian has with Syria now-

“Russian military personnel and shipments can pass in and out of Syria at will and aren’t subject to controls by Syrian authorities,” the document says. “Syrians can’t enter Russian bases without Russia’s permission. And Russia disclaims any responsibility for damage caused by its activities inside Syria.” Additionally, according to the agreement, Russia receives use of the Khmeimim aviation base with no fee and does not have to pay taxes in Syria.

Syria, I hope you enjoy your new tenants,lol

Russia is also looking to reestablish bases in Cuba and Vietnam, but no indications yet from those 2 countries that the Russians would be welcome.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...nam/ar-BBx9Ff3

Mean while in the Baltic-

Estonian officials have said that Russia appears to be moving powerful, nuclear capable missiles into Kaliningrad, a Russian outpost province sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania along the Baltic coast.
The Iskander-M missiles, which have a range of over 500km, are reportedly being transported by ship from the St Petersburg area. It had previously been reported that the Russians might seek to place the Iskander-M missiles in Kaliningrad but not until 2018-19.
If confirmed, the move would be seen by western governments as another sign that Russia is seeking to establish facts on the ground, from eastern Europe to the Middle East, before a new US president takes office in January.
Estonian officials said they were monitoring the ship and its contents. The ship, called the Ambal, was due to dock on Friday; reports of the cargo came from Estonian government sources.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...nia/ar-BBx8HTt

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 05:28 PM   #2092
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I wish I could give you a link to this 25 minutes interview the Danish news channel TV2 News had with Assad some days ago.

Some major part of this interview

Denmark, England and others are like blind chicken that follows USA in everything without thinking for them self-He said that after the Danish journalist asked him about the "friendly fire" that killed some of his men

He even said, that USA or the military hawks in USA is doing everything they can so the can be direct conflict between USA and Russia

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 05:37 PM   #2093
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Nothing new there, happens number of times each year.
Nuclear-capable Iskander missiles stationed in Kaliningrad - this does not happen every day. Range is sufficient to reach Berlin, and further.

From a strategic POV, that enclave is a NATO nightmare. They can turn the whole air space in the Baltic region and Eastenrn Europe into an aerial access-denial zone, extended into Germany. High time that NATO starts to take this new cold war serious.

---

Meanwhile, since this is about terrorism, German police today raided appartment in Chemnitz and found "highly dangerous" explosives, now described as "multiple times as dangerous as TNT", and apparently so dangeorus and/or insatabile that they did not dare to move it out, evacuated hundreds of appartments instead and then arranged a controlled (and quite huge, I read) detonation that was still felt by civilians several hundred meters away, said a reporter. Syrian flat owner has gone into an emergency-dive. Nation-wide police search running. Religious background highly likely, says the police. Suspect arrived in Germany one year ago. Type of explosives and the whole case hint at a planned attack of "spectacular dimension", says the police. Three suspected complices have been arrested.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-08-16 at 05:53 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 05:47 PM   #2094
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Nuclear-capable Iskander missiles stationed in Kaliningrad - this does not happen every day. Range is sufficient to reach Berlin, and further.

From a strategic POV, that enclave is a NATO nightmare. They can turn the whole air space in the Baltic region and Eastenrn Europe into an aerial access-denial zone, extended into Germany. High time that NATO starts to take this new cold war serious.
Dowly was referring to my comment on the Su-27 entering Finnish airspace.

The Iskanders are upping the ante though, but we've been expecting them for a while now, the AEGIS BMD will be going into Poland around 2018, and the missile radars will be set up around that time too.
Of course, NATO would love to start taking this new Cold War serious, but every time they try they get accused of being too aggressive towards Russia, or of over-reacting...or the forces of the nations that make up NATO get deployed fighting terrorists in the Middle East.
Can't win.
Old 10-09-16, 02:44 AM   #2095
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Things are heating up along the Ukraine border, artillery and mortar barrages falling on different locations. Whether Russia is actually involved is uncertain, but I'm sure they are using their proxy's to stir up trouble.

http://uaposition.com/latest-news/ru...s-in-last-day/

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 06:28 AM   #2096
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Another shining example of Russian compassion for human life.

Quote:
Russia vetoes U.N. demand for end to bombing of Syria's Aleppo
Quote:
British U.N. Ambassador Matthew Rycroft told Russian U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin: "Thanks to your actions today, Syrians will continue to lose their lives in Aleppo and beyond to Russian and Syrian bombing. Please stop now."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...KCN1280VJ?il=0

Another step towards a new cold war no doubt.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 06:39 AM   #2097
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Aleppo is boned, no two ways about it, a good comparison would be Grozny during the Chechen wars, in 2006 the UN called Grozny the most destroyed capital on Earth, so that's a good indication of how Aleppo is going to look before long.

Meanwhile the Kuznetsov, which apparently isn't on station in the Med yet, is preparing to sortie presumably from Murmansk:

Old 10-09-16, 08:15 AM   #2098
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

The Kuznetsov should stay where she is ... how would it look if she had to be towed back home.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 08:56 AM   #2099
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
The Kuznetsov should stay where she is ... how would it look if she had to be towed back home.
Knowing the Russians they'd hook up two Oscar IIs and tow her from underwater just to maintain the appearance of a functioning carrier.
Old 10-09-16, 09:06 AM   #2100
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Special Forces currently raid an area in Chemnitz where they hould have confronted Jabar Albakr, that Syrian wannabe-bomber. Residents report explosion(s). Police rates him as extrrmely dangerous, even more so now since he has nothing to lose anymore. Police also links him - in a no futher specified way - to the the murderers in Paris and Brussels.

Tags
terrorism