SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-10, 08:14 PM   #2641
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Current Date: Oct. 27, 1943
3 weeks ago I received this message

To: Gruppen Monsun
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY CHANGE BASE OF OPERATIONS TO PENANG X

After completing first two Mission Objectives and patroling area of my choice until fuel was low. I headed for Penag and when I arrived, I was unable to port so I refit. I checked the Map and my home port is still in Bordeaux, France. So I am guessing I am either not part of the "Gruppen Monsun" or this is a bug.

Also, a few other message traffic that I receive are coming from COMSUBPAC... Not to sure but should I be following these orders issued from the American Pacific Fleet Submarine Command?

To: U-862
SINK 5000 TONS OF ENEMY SHIPPING IN GRID LU54 X

Is this a trap where the Americans are waiting for me at that location?

Unable to obtain any further objective from BdU or COMSUBPAC, so I am camping out in the middle of the Indian Ocean where I would suspect some enemy shipping traffic to pass by.

Please Advise!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 07-10-10 at 09:00 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 10:07 PM   #2642
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Current Date: Oct. 27, 1943
3 weeks ago I received this message

To: Gruppen Monsun
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY CHANGE BASE OF OPERATIONS TO PENANG X

After completing first two Mission Objectives and patroling area of my choice until fuel was low. I headed for Penag and when I arrived, I was unable to port so I refit. I checked the Map and my home port is still in Bordeaux, France. So I am guessing I am either not part of the "Gruppen Monsun" or this is a bug.

Also, a few other message traffic that I receive are coming from COMSUBPAC... Not to sure but should I be following these orders issued from the American Pacific Fleet Submarine Command?

To: U-862
SINK 5000 TONS OF ENEMY SHIPPING IN GRID LU54 X

Is this a trap where the Americans are waiting for me at that location?

Unable to obtain any further objective from BdU or COMSUBPAC, so I am camping out in the middle of the Indian Ocean where I would suspect some enemy shipping traffic to pass by.

Please Advise!

1. All messages to "ALL" Flotillas are receive by the player

Quote:
So I am guessing I am either not part of the "Gruppen Monsun"
That is correct. If you were part of Gruppen Monsun your original home port is Lorient

See this first post of this thread

Quote:
Also, a few other message traffic that I receive are coming from COMSUBPAC.
It appears that you are playing OM "without" OMEGU. If you don't want to see that, open menu.txt in Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Menu\ with notepad and go to item 4193 and change it to Bdu.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 07-13-10 at 06:42 AM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 03:39 PM   #2643
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Chronometer and Crew Warnings Text Box Starting Positions:

I managed to remeber how to move the Chrono Starting Postion just above the Orders Bar and just to the right of the Map Tools for 1600 x 1024 resolution in the menu_1024_768.ini file.
Code:

[G29 I2]
;Zone= 412 768 234 225 0 1 0x29000000 1.23 0 0x29020000 -1 0 -300 0
Zone= 412 768 234 225 0 1 0x29000000 1.23 0 0x29020000 -1 0 -1470 -705
Can anyone remind me what to change to lower the Crew Warnings Text box Centered just above the Orders Bars? I hate that it starts over my map legend when in Navigation Map View.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 01:49 PM   #2644
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Think about modded SH5 campaign, lurker.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 04:14 PM   #2645
Gorshkov
Commodore

Hi, lurker!

Your concept of VIID mine-layer is not historically accurate. U-boat has to surface to reload remaining four mines from external stores which is not realistic because VIID carried all 15 mines in its five internal silos (thee mines in each silo). Think about placing all 15 mines inside U-boat aft torpedo magazine like SOM Group did with Kalev-class mine-layer and remove external one completely. Also place 10 torpedoes into bow torpedo compartment because VIID carried 14 fishes exactly as VIIC. All external stores could be removed. That way VIID would become quite realistically armed - of course in accordance with SH4/OM limitations.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-25-10 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-26-10, 02:12 AM   #2646
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Hi Lurker,

in the 1st Post I can read "Sergbutos virtual torpedos". Does that mean OM has wolfpack AI-Uboats scripted in the campaign???

Greetings,
h.sie
Old 07-26-10, 06:50 AM   #2647
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Hi Lurker,

in the 1st Post I can read "Sergbutos virtual torpedos". Does that mean OM has wolfpack AI-Uboats scripted in the campaign???

Greetings,
h.sie
yes
Old 07-26-10, 07:04 AM   #2648
h.sie
Admiral

cool!
Old 07-26-10, 09:46 AM   #2649
Gorshkov
Commodore

Not so cool! Where did you find data all Type IX U-boats carried 26 torpedoes, Lurker???

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-26-10 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-26-10, 11:45 AM   #2650
Mikawa3945
Nub

Downloads: 53

First off, thank you Lurker for giving Kaleuns a chance to ply our trade on a new game engine.

I've been out in the heat of the Pacific with TMO and RSRD for awhile now, but have just recently discovered OM and decided to go back to the fog and squalls of the North Atlantic, although I do have a few questions (sorry if these have been answered in previous posts ):

1. Since renown is no longer used to purchase new sub types like in SH3, and fleet boats in the pacific have a linear upgrade path, how is this handled in Operation Monsun, and is it possible to switch between different types of uboat such as going from a Type II or VII to a Type IX and back?

2. Is it possible to transfer between flotillas especially if they use a different Uboat type than your current model, like starting with a Type IXA in the 2nd flotilla then switch to the 7th that uses Type VIIs when they transfer to St. Nazaire?

3. What type of damage model is used for player uboats? The reason I ask this is I recently started a career in '39 with a Type IIC and took a direct bomb hit to the deck and had most of my crew wounded, a large chunk of my systems damage or destroyed, and critical flooding in half my boat but didn't lose a single point of hull integrity and was still afloat and underway.

4. I have seen a few screenshots from Battle of the Baltic that had a TMO-style orders bar. Is there a download for this or a way to edit/add it to OM?http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=74

5. When using OMEGU w/ KiUB is there a way to get the target name to display on the UZO and/or observation scope like it does with the attack scope?

6. How do you get emblems to display on your conning tower? I have tried using the ones that came with OM/OMEGU but can't see them on my boat.

7. Last but not least, are there supply ships and milk cows in game?

Again, thanks to Lurker and all the others that put there time and energy into trying to make these games the best they can.

P.S- Can't wait for We Dive At Dawn to hit the Med.

Current enabled mods:

OpMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
AS_for_OMv102
As_for_OMv102_Patch2
Office Mod
KiUB_English
Csengoi's EnemiesofGermany
Old 07-26-10, 03:24 PM   #2651
h.sie
Admiral

Hello Lurker,

I probably found some issues related to OM/OMEGU (or Sh4):

1. Single Mission: RUM 390917 U29. After starting the Mission I took course 355 - 0. Some time later the big carrier comes into visible range for me, but the crew does not detect him. I go nearer and nearer to the carrier, but nothing happens, crew seems to sleep or is blind. Even if I can see the carrier easily without binoculars, the crew is unable to detect the big ship. My Mod Config:

OpMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7

After deinstalling the OMEGU mods the behaviour is better, but the environment - not like atlantic.

2) Single Mission: RUM 400121 U22. After Surfacing the crew detects the ships, but I only see a text message, no sound (yes, my speakers are powered and online).

3) (Very low prioity): When being depthcharged I never hear that "Depthcharges in the water" sound from the sound folder. Has anybody ever heard that sound?

4) When the sonarman reports a contact, I can only hear "Lage 212" which means "Bearing 212". (I have german language activated). But I expect "Contact, Warship, Bearing 212, Closing" or similar. For this problem I already found a solution: I took the Folder \Library\AnimGraphsGE\SUB1 from Ducimus' new NineDeltaTwo Mod and installed in on top of OM. Now I can hear "Contact, Warship, Bearing 212, Closing" (in german of course).

Greetings and thanks for your hard work.
h.sie
Old 07-26-10, 04:13 PM   #2652
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikawa3945 View Post
First off, thank you Lurker for giving Kaleuns a chance to ply our trade on a new game engine.

I've been out in the heat of the Pacific with TMO and RSRD for awhile now, but have just recently discovered OM and decided to go back to the fog and squalls of the North Atlantic, although I do have a few questions (sorry if these have been answered in previous posts ):

1. Since renown is no longer used to purchase new sub types like in SH3, and fleet boats in the pacific have a linear upgrade path, how is this handled in Operation Monsun, and is it possible to switch between different types of uboat such as going from a Type II or VII to a Type IX and back?

2. Is it possible to transfer between flotillas especially if they use a different Uboat type than your current model, like starting with a Type IXA in the 2nd flotilla then switch to the 7th that uses Type VIIs when they transfer to St. Nazaire?

3. What type of damage model is used for player uboats? The reason I ask this is I recently started a career in '39 with a Type IIC and took a direct bomb hit to the deck and had most of my crew wounded, a large chunk of my systems damage or destroyed, and critical flooding in half my boat but didn't lose a single point of hull integrity and was still afloat and underway.

4. I have seen a few screenshots from Battle of the Baltic that had a TMO-style orders bar. Is there a download for this or a way to edit/add it to OM?http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=74

5. When using OMEGU w/ KiUB is there a way to get the target name to display on the UZO and/or observation scope like it does with the attack scope?

6. How do you get emblems to display on your conning tower? I have tried using the ones that came with OM/OMEGU but can't see them on my boat.

7. Last but not least, are there supply ships and milk cows in game?

Again, thanks to Lurker and all the others that put there time and energy into trying to make these games the best they can.

Current enabled mods:

OpMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
AS_for_OMv102
As_for_OMv102_Patch2
Office Mod
KiUB_English
Csengoi's EnemiesofGermany

Item 1 - No

Item 2 - No

Item 3 - go to MODS\OpsMonsun_V705\Support\OM_Readme_files\ and read OMv400 Uboat Damage Model

Item 4 - No

Item 5 - No

Item 6 - When in port go to the "equipment" section of the office and it will be list under misc.

Item 7 - yes

Quote:
Your going to have a "long" wait
Old 07-27-10, 03:24 PM   #2653
Gorshkov
Commodore

Why do all upgrades in your mod cost 0, lurker?
Old 07-27-10, 06:55 PM   #2654
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

From the manual: "In case of upgrades, you're urged to make a donation to Neal Stevens, SubSim.com"

Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 05:35 AM   #2655
Gorshkov
Commodore

Very funny! Is that your idea?