SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-12, 10:03 AM   #646
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
Lol, everything you just said I figured out all last night. I still had some problems but is nothing I cant figure out. Thanks again for the quick response.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 03:35 PM   #647
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
I still had some problems but is nothing I cant figure out.

Lay down on the couch and talk about your problems!
Maybe we can help you in this case too!
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 10:30 AM   #648
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

well... if you must know.lol. its just i cant load any of the profiles. it keeps throwing it cant find such and such mod so its aborting the load. what it probably is is that i took the english version of the mod enabler and installed it and deleted everything that said jonesoft in the sh3 file. which most likely had one of those files which made it compatible to load the profiles. so my conclusion to all this is to reinstall everything back the way it was with the german version of jonesoft and go from there. your mod pdf file can be a little confusing so im taking it day by day. sometimes i read things too fast and i wont understand it. like i said its nothing i cant figure out. im a diehard GWX fan so for the past 4 years of playing that i got spoiled and you only offer OLC guis and not Magia guis. but ive always wanted to give this mod a try so im really taking it slow to get every mod activated that makes LSH5 what it is. i havent played in a year and a half now and i sold my powerful computer and i got stuck with this little laptop so load times really suck so like i said im taking it day by day.
Old 06-05-12, 11:01 AM   #649
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
well... if you must know.lol. its just i cant load any of the profiles. it keeps throwing it cant find such and such mod so its aborting the load. what it probably is is that i took the english version of the mod enabler and installed it and deleted everything that said jonesoft in the sh3 file.
Well I remember an issue with JSGME in this case. As far as I remember, we renamed this MOD after making the profiles for JSGME. It does not affect the version of JSGME!
But you would not need the profiles! Just go to the table on page 9 in the PDF and activate the MODs from top to bottom - the order should be correct!

Quote:
so my conclusion to all this is to reinstall everything back the way it was with the german version of jonesoft and go from there. your mod pdf file can be a little confusing so im taking it day by day. sometimes i read things too fast and i wont understand it. like i said its nothing i cant figure out.
You would not have to reinstall! Read above!
If you still have any questions contact me via e-mail!

Quote:
im a diehard GWX fan so for the past 4 years of playing that i got spoiled and you only offer OLC guis and not Magia guis. but ive always wanted to give this mod a try so im really taking it slow to get every mod activated that makes LSH5 what it is.
Well there are "Six-Dials" and "Multi-Slideout" too. And as far as i remember MaGui had a LSH version too!

Quote:
i havent played in a year and a half now and i sold my powerful computer and i got stuck with this little laptop so load times really suck so like i said im taking it day by day.
Well, a powerfull machine will be necessary for LSH3V5.1 and even for LSH3V6. I still have a 6 year old laptop but with 2GB of RAM to small for LSH3V5.1. Since I have got two monitors for my PC I would not miss to work like that!

Greetings
Blueduck
Old 06-05-12, 11:42 AM   #650
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

yes. i will give it another try in a few moments. i forgot magia did provide a compatibility file for LSH. thats a plus. ill dig it out somewhere in one of my hard drives. ill let you know how goes.thanks again.
Old 06-05-12, 04:17 PM   #651
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok got it to work. heres my activated modlist

_DX9HiResFix
_LSH3_V5
_LSH3_V5.1
_LSH3_V5.1__Bunkerstart
_LSH3_V5.1__ExtendedChallenge
_LSH3_V5.1__Rotating-DF-Antenna_V3
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal
_LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Spezialeffekte-Gross

for now. im going to try to put in magia mod. then the meps as i always use both. i kept getting CTDs but then i forgot i never put the 4g patch on the exe of sh3. now it runs fine. when i do activate magia and meps where should they be in the list?
Old 06-05-12, 05:44 PM   #652
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok the update if it helps anybody. this is now my mod list thats active....

_DX9HiResFix
_LSH3_V5
_LSH3_V5.1
_LSH3_V5.1__Bunkerstart
M.E.P v3
MaGui F
MaGui F FIX for LSH3 v5.1
German Images for MaGui F
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui F (LSH3)
Type VII salvo selector
Drakkhen - Better Sound Mod
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2

so far so good. ofcoarse on this little laptop im on it can get shifty when in dock but it still does good. load times arent that bad now either. ill do some patrols and see if its stable though. but thanks for all the help. defintly giving LSH a good try.
Old 06-06-12, 10:57 AM   #653
blueduck
Commander

Quote:
ok the update if it helps anybody. this is now my mod list thats active....

_DX9HiResFix
_LSH3_V5
_LSH3_V5.1
_LSH3_V5.1__Bunkerstart
M.E.P v3
MaGui F
MaGui F FIX for LSH3 v5.1
German Images for MaGui F
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui F (LSH3)
Type VII salvo selector
Drakkhen - Better Sound Mod
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2

so far so good. ofcoarse on this little laptop im on it can get shifty when in dock but it still does good. load times arent that bad now either. ill do some patrols and see if its stable though. but thanks for all the help. defintly giving LSH a good try.
Hello drakkhen20,

Your MOD-list might work well except the last one - Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2. Due to this MOD was made for SH3 and comes without a GermanNames.cfg/EnglishNames.cfg i guess those ships would loaded but will not appear in the campaign.
LSH3V5 almost got more than 10 of the most beautiful ships of IABL's MFM built into. Alltogether 150 more than Stock SH3. So I think you would not need this one because it will raise your loading time.

Maybe think of starting the game via SH3Commander enabling the "Start at Sea"-Option. You will be outside of the harbours and it might reduce your loading-times!

Regards
Blueduck
Old 06-06-12, 01:14 PM   #654
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ive done some patrols in career and its not as bad as i thought. the only thing thats wierd and you probably just explained it in the above post. i run across i guess would be convoys, but they arent moving. they are just sitting in the water. i will deactivate MFM and see if that helps that. other than that i find it ok. i do like the docks. does kinda sink you into being a uboat commander. ill expierment some more. ive gotten tired of sh3 commander as the dates never line up and i constantly add mods or change something which in turn messes with sh3 commander so i just load up LSH3 and enjoy just that.
Old 06-06-12, 06:39 PM   #655
blueduck
Commander

Hello drakkhen20,

if you realy find a "sitting-duck-convoy" please make a screenshot, post it, so I can see where it is and give me the date when you found it.

Greetz
Blueduck
Old 06-07-12, 01:28 AM   #656
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

oh so is this a reacuring problem in lsh ? there were atleast two that i know of. i know it doesnt help now but one was off the west side of scapa flow or in the AM grid i know that for sure cuz i had to patrol AM32. next time i will make note of time and position and try to take a screen shot like you asked. heres a question ive been meaning to ask. how do the AI work in LSH. because most of the time if i spotted a ship and couldnt get into a good position to sink and would watch it leave my sight then an airplane would come and try to bomb me. so i take it that its simulating that i was spotted and the ship radioed my position and then they sent an aircraft out for me ?? is this correct?
Old 06-07-12, 04:31 AM   #657
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

No, that's not a problem of LSH3 V5.1 . It could happen in every "super-MOD" and even in Stock-SH3.

When the convoy leader was sunk, the convoy doesn't know what to do. In LSH3 V5.1 you have many scripted AI-subs and also the "Luftwaffe", who attacks convoys.

So feel happy to meet such a confusion and sink them all.

Greetings
rowi58
Old 06-10-12, 01:29 AM   #658
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok heres what i spotted today on a patrol... it was in AO74 on Oct. 2,1939 at 10:55am in the upper righthand corner. there was a German CL Koln-Class sitting in the middle and then it was surrounded by two T3-Tankers both empty and also German Nationality and ther were sitting still. So was this normal or no ?
Old 06-10-12, 02:57 AM   #659
rowi58
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 56

Hi drakkhen20,

that's normal. The location is the final destination of this small convoy. It ends in AO74, but the function "Delete on last waypoint" is set at "NO". So you can see them resting there.

Just wondering that someone is travelling through AO74 .

Greetings
rowi58
Old 06-10-12, 08:39 AM   #660
blueduck
Commander

Hi drakkhen20,

maybe they were waitung for "refueling"? - Only Joking!

Will have a look for the campaing-files to let them "disappear".
Might be a good hint to reduce memory-load!

Thanks
Blueduck