SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-09, 03:56 PM   #76
Silverwolf
Officer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
what kind of a campaign ?

keltos
It's just the standard campaign from the game that all the stock subs use. I used your tutorial that I quoted in a post earlier in this thread.

----------------------------------------------
FOTRS Campaign update

http://www.filefront.com/14240761/Ca...S-update.rar//

Last edited by Silverwolf; 08-09-09 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Added FOTRS Campaign update
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 06:20 AM   #77
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

I'm also seeing the battery recharge problem (that I mentioned in the Shark thread) with the blackwolf.
Old 12-07-09, 08:13 AM   #78
Denson
Seaman

Downloads: 7

PROBLEM

i can play blackwolf in campaign, good

Side guns are here BUT dont fire

The two deck guns are not here.

I have to upgrade, mount via menu before mission???

EDiT: i need 1.5 to play this????

Last edited by Denson; 12-07-09 at 09:26 AM.
Denson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 09:28 PM   #79
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denson View Post
PROBLEM

i can play blackwolf in campaign, good

Side guns are here BUT dont fire

The two deck guns are not here.

I have to upgrade, mount via menu before mission???

EDiT: i need 1.5 to play this????
You need 1.5 for the sub to work correctly. Also are you running any other mods along with the black wolf that modify the campaign files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
I'm also seeing the battery recharge problem (that I mentioned in the Shark thread) with the blackwolf.
The battery problem is because of the life span. Longer life, slower recharge. If I can find where the recharge rate is in a file then I can fix it.

GameFront page: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Silverwolf996
Old 04-05-10, 06:57 PM   #80
rditto48801
Mate

Downloads: 27

I am going to give this mod a try the next time I go to play SH4. (along with the Shark...)

On a side note, it disturbingly resembles a sub I made in a game called Warship Gunner 2, one which had 2x triple 155mm turrets (among other things. although turrets were closer to the conning tower), so first opinion was

(on a side note, there is supposed to be a shark shaped special sub in Warship Gunner 2, so double awesome from the Shark sub mod for SH4)

I noticed mention of a battery recharge issue.
While I know little about modding, is there anything in the data relating to the engines that dictates how much 'power' an engine can put into a battery when charging?
Or perhaps which affects how much battery power is used by motors when underwater?
Any possibility of making several ultra fuel efficient very silent engines that only work to recharge the batteries faster, without having any real impact on sub performance, sound made or fuel used?
Didn't some of the U-Boats have extra engines just for recharging batteries? If so, were any of those subs added by the U-Boat Missions expansion and were they able to recharge batteries without using the main engines in the expansion?
If it is the case, maybe that could be a way to work around the slow recharge issue?
There has to be some variable or setting somewhere relating to engines/motors/batteries (or even relating to sub classes?) that could be used to deal with the slow recharge... at least I would hope so, since this mod would be even more awesome with that little issue out of the way.

Edit 2:
Forget the torpedo thing from my previous edit, I was just horribly out of practice (probably to much SH3...)
I still have white main turrets, the barrels seem half white and half gray.
I have noticed two other things when trying out the Blackwolf in a quick mission.
First, apparently no radar at all.
I noticed there is no AA gun.

Is it possible that my download got corrupted when I downloaded it?
Mod list (in order of install via the Generic Mod Enabler)
Blackwolf
Titan
Shark
SharkX1
SharkX2
The one mod to allow for them to be in campaign.

Run Silent, Run Deep, Run them Ragged, Let The Prey Not Sleep.

Last edited by rditto48801; 04-06-10 at 04:56 PM.
rditto48801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 05:43 PM   #81
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rditto48801 View Post
I am going to give this mod a try the next time I go to play SH4. (along with the Shark...)

On a side note, it disturbingly resembles a sub I made in a game called Warship Gunner 2, one which had 2x triple 155mm turrets (among other things. although turrets were closer to the conning tower), so first opinion was

(on a side note, there is supposed to be a shark shaped special sub in Warship Gunner 2, so double awesome from the Shark sub mod for SH4)

I noticed mention of a battery recharge issue.
While I know little about modding, is there anything in the data relating to the engines that dictates how much 'power' an engine can put into a battery when charging?
Or perhaps which affects how much battery power is used by motors when underwater?
Any possibility of making several ultra fuel efficient very silent engines that only work to recharge the batteries faster, without having any real impact on sub performance, sound made or fuel used?
Didn't some of the U-Boats have extra engines just for recharging batteries? If so, were any of those subs added by the U-Boat Missions expansion and were they able to recharge batteries without using the main engines in the expansion?
If it is the case, maybe that could be a way to work around the slow recharge issue?
There has to be some variable or setting somewhere relating to engines/motors/batteries (or even relating to sub classes?) that could be used to deal with the slow recharge... at least I would hope so, since this mod would be even more awesome with that little issue out of the way.

Edit 2:
Forget the torpedo thing from my previous edit, I was just horribly out of practice (probably to much SH3...)
I still have white main turrets, the barrels seem half white and half gray.
I have noticed two other things when trying out the Blackwolf in a quick mission.
First, apparently no radar at all.
I noticed there is no AA gun.

Is it possible that my download got corrupted when I downloaded it?
Mod list (in order of install via the Generic Mod Enabler)
Blackwolf
Titan
Shark
SharkX1
SharkX2
The one mod to allow for them to be in campaign.
The battery recharge rate from what I can see is not going to be able to be fixed. It is probably hardcoded into the exe because I have not found a file that outlines how the batteries are recharged or a recharge rate. I guess for my next sub I could leave the battery range stock and just ramp up the fuel range that way the battery recharge rate is normal. Due to the games restrictrions it is not possible to add engines just for recharging the batteries.

For the white turrets:
I don't know why you get them, but I think I know a quick fix try this:
In the Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\BlackWolf\data\Textures folder take the 3_50cal_BW_T01.dds and BWcannon_O01.dds files from the TLowRes\tex folder and move them into the TNormal\tex folder. If you are asked to overwrite anything click ok and then disable and re-enable the mod, that should fix the problem.

The radar and AA gun are tied to the original dates they appear in game so I did not modify them. I believe the AA gun appears 06-01-1943. I don't know about the radar.

-------------------------
Check the first post for an update for TMO1.9. This update does include files for the Titan and Shark subs. If you downloaded the Kraken then don't install the update over it because the Kraken has the updated files. The update is only for using the subs without the Kraken installed.

Old 08-08-10, 07:40 PM   #82
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Have you tried using the Walther Turbine Engine settings for submerged power.
You can set the range the same as Deisel Engine.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 04:52 AM   #83
Eternal
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

First off, I'd ike to say that this is an awesome mod and I've had tons of fun using this particular sub. Kudos to you for creating such a fun mod.

Anyway, I've been having the same problem as rditto, specifically the one about the white main turrets. I've tried the fix you've suggested, but no fice. Any idea as to what could be causing this issue?
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 03:15 PM   #84
Xenoscar
Nub

Downloads: 34
Gamefront DL link is broken
Xenoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 08:26 AM   #85
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoscar View Post
Gamefront DL link is broken
Check here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188583

Old 01-06-12, 08:11 PM   #86
gaul92
Seaman

Downloads: 10

It wont work for me I use JSGME(or what ever it is) wont install to my game. I got a Ohio class sube mod to work?? I found a link to the files after clicking on so many dead links but I do not know what do I am new at this kinda stuff lol some please help. Also would like to get a surface ship mod tried doing the North Carolina one but having same problems there too
gaul92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 11:29 AM   #87
bell117
Seaman

Downloads: 65
Default no radar

just noticed something there is no radar it says it is there but i can't turn it on and it doesn't detect anything but air, and everything in the radar station is grey what do i do?
bell117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 04:13 AM   #88
cobramite
Nub

Downloads: 13
Default good mod

ive got this working now

stock only but

I like this boat

had some issues getting it installed managed with stock.

had an issue loading a save seems to be loading it now

did I say I like this boat

right ok so far as I can tell sometimes there is a problem with the save files that's the only problem I can find with it sub works good

for stock cant get it to work on trigger maru or any the other major mods.

here is how to get it to work on stock

a lot of people are have install problems here is how to fix it.

the problem is the file you have downloaded does not extract properly.
when you first extract the file to this location , the mods fol;der it creates a main folder called blackwolf
simply copy contents of blackwolf folder and paste them into mods folder emptying the main blackwolf folder, now you have all the versions properly unzipped simply follow install instructions from the designer of the mod.

this will solve a hell of a lot of install problems you all have.

off course you need campaigns as well

ok I can get shark to work on trigger maru but its got the battery problem

back to stock.

like the homing torps in the shark is it possible to get homing torps for blackwolf ?

Last edited by cobramite; 04-22-13 at 01:41 AM. Reason: good mod
cobramite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-14, 08:46 PM   #89
techkogreek25
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Default nick name

Sure that would be fine.
techkogreek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-14, 10:20 PM   #90
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

techkogreek25!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote