SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-07, 07:23 AM   #31
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdrifter
If you don't like the in-game music playing whenever the radio is turned off, you can disable it by renaming your Music folder located in your Data\Sound folder. This will stop the vanilla in-game music from playing.
Thanks m8

And thanks to Capt Cox... I think this double tracking only happens when you go High TC at the same time as the next track is loading up. thats when it happend to me. Oh and it wasnt a matter of two tracks playing over each other..it was the same track that just kept repeating over and over.
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 07:30 AM   #32
Dane
Mate

Downloads: 0
Default Thank you but Need some Help With Radio Mod

I would also like to thank you for offering this to the community. Though I have played SH3 with GWX, I have never added a mod to any game. I am downloading at present, but please need some instructions on how to apply it. Thanks
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 07:34 AM   #33
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCox
OK I will try to do this step by step.

Get the JSGME if you don't have it already "Generic Mod Enabler " http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Run the EXE INSIDE your MAIN SH4 folder, it should create a "MODS" folder, if not install again (should do it at 1st try normally)

Put any mods you want (in this case the 360 bearing mod) into the "MODS" folder
and hit JSGME.exe (I have a shortcut in my Start menu) and you should see all mods you dumped in the "MODS" folder now just hit the "ADD" button in the interface and see how the stuff gets loaded in to the right window, when you loaded the mods you want, close. Now all should work as it should.

This a pic from my SH3 JSGME folder as an example

Just pasted this from another thread, but get the JSGME and just follow the instructions and you should be fine.
Old 03-25-07, 07:42 AM   #34
Banquet
Machinist's Mate

Ah, GWX 16k atmosphere. How I would love to have this in SH4! I did try enabling it in SH4 but the colours looked weird.. Actually I'm surprised it worked at all.
Banquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 07:48 AM   #35
Dane
Mate

Default Thank you Captain Cox

Thank you ! That was a very quick response and it is much appreciated. Dane (but also of Swedish and German heritage and proud of them all) in Minnesota
Old 03-25-07, 08:04 AM   #36
Dude
Seaman

Quote:
Regarding operating the Radio simply hit the play button, then scan the frequency with the fast forward button, it will then scan automatically till it finds a station and stop there, if you want to go back simply hit the fast reverse button. To turn of the radio hit play again and the "orig" game music will come back.
Yes but in such a way how you know which frequency is which

For example if u want to choose Washington,or Los Angeles,or Honululu u have to guess???
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 08:05 AM   #37
drewsbu
Watch

I'm pretty gimpy when it comes to computers, can we have a self extracting mod please? lol
drewsbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 08:20 AM   #38
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Quote:
Regarding operating the Radio simply hit the play button, then scan the frequency with the fast forward button, it will then scan automatically till it finds a station and stop there, if you want to go back simply hit the fast reverse button. To turn of the radio hit play again and the "orig" game music will come back.
Yes but in such a way how you know which frequency is which

For example if u want to choose Washington,or Los Angeles,or Honululu u have to guess???
Simply hover with the cursor over the dial like this

The JSGME is self extracting the mod in to the game You just need to install it and follow the simple steps I posted earlier.
Old 03-25-07, 09:40 AM   #39
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdrifter
If you don't like the in-game music playing whenever the radio is turned off, you can disable it by renaming your Music folder located in your Data\Sound folder. This will stop the vanilla in-game music from playing.
I tried this (as I hate a movie style soundtrack when I'm playing a simulation), but it doesn't work. The game crashes to desktop if the Music folder isn't there.

If anyone knows of a fix to this problem please let us know, as this arcade game soundtrack is making me want to scream.

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 09:51 AM   #40
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13

Just move or delete the files in the music folder EXCEPT for the music.cfg file.
tedhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 02:09 PM   #41
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)

Ah thanks

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 02:45 PM   #42
NipplesTheCat
中国水兵

Downloads: 11

Yes tokyo rose would be very interesting but I havent looked to see if there are even enough recordings of the rose to make it worh while. As far as the range of a shortwave broadcast goes, there are a lot of factors to consider. Mainly what the propogation is like at the time. The sun produces solar flares which affect the ionosphere when they reach earth. So the exact date and time can play a huge role in whether the signal will make it across the globe or only a few hundred miles. Also the amount of power that the perticular station is running, and the type of antenna (directional or omnidirectional) make a difference. And finally,...the freq band that they are using at the time affects range. Shortwave stations often have a fifferent frequency for night time operation then they do for daytime as some freq work best at certain times of the day. If anyone can tell me what station they wpuld like to know the range of I may be able to ballpark it if I had an idea of how much power the station was runni
Old 03-25-07, 02:52 PM   #43
Dane
Mate

Default I thought I would get this right?

First, let me again thank you for your assistance. I downloaded as instructed and the generic mod enabler said the radio mod was enabled. Yet I can't get it in the game. First thing is I can only scan thru the radio stations and cannot get it to stop on the 30.0 frequency. It only stops at 22.0 Washington and the end. Any ideas? When downloading this feature (Captain Midnights Mod) I couldn't find any .exe file or a file to extract though I did download a file that was 150,128KB).. Thank you

Looking closer at the file, it is an "RAR" file. Is that correct?
Old 03-25-07, 04:58 PM   #44
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Hm...I am not 100% clear as to what you mean, but if I presume you never opened a RAR file before am i right? I only base this on your statement, so no bad feelings OK. Anyhow you need Winrar in order to "Unrar" that RAR file "unpack" it OK, its whats inside you need to drop in the MOD folder in the game...not the actual RAR.

Hope that helped
Old 03-25-07, 06:21 PM   #45
Dane
Mate

Default Winrar?

I have extracted files that have come "zipped" but this file didn't appear that way. No offense taken, this is new to me though I have been familiar with some applications of computers.. I will search for winrar unless I hear otherwise.