SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-10, 04:24 PM   #181
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerl90 View Post
With Darkfish's updated AI launched torp's on an Asashio DD and using Peabody's tutorial to install, I can see the torp spawn gun, can see the torps spawn ok but they go in the wrong direction.
With a stationary target ahead at 000, as soon the ships guns react to the target, the torp spawn gun will spin to 180 and when the guns fire on the target, the torp spawn gun will launch torps in the 180 direction.
Any ideas about how to fix this?
My stuff was just an experiment to try to get the existing torp launchers to work by moving some stuff and it did not work out. So ignore my stuff and stick with Darkfish's torp launcher.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 11:17 PM   #182
jokerl90
Seaman

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Hey Peabody, your tutorial got me this far! I would have been completely lost without it. Didn't Darkfish say he didn't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't going for the experimental stuff, just a working torpspawngun and it does work, just shoots the wrong way!

The torpspawngun is trying to track the targets. I can see it adjusting as the ship changes course. (but pointed in the wrong direction)

I started with the DD and the targets closing and about a Km apart. The guns would point at the targets at about 350 and the torpspawngun would shoot anywhere from 180 to 270'ish. So I though the torpspawngun was leading the targets (as it should, but not that much) and the DD's guns were killing the targets before the torp's connected.

Then I moved the DD to approaching the moving targets at 000. torpspawngun behaved the same.

Then I made the targets staionary, at 000 from the DD and the torpspawngun fired the torps 180, exactly in the opposite direction of the targets.
jokerl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 06:48 AM   #183
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

BUMP (for research purposes)
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 07:36 AM   #184
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Has there been any recent progress here?
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 10:40 PM   #185
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
TORPS

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187895

I posted this question and seeing as some of you play around with the fish on the boats I thought you might give it a go for me and at least tell me about the two questions.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 06:43 PM   #186
yamatoforever
Weps

Downloads: 20
Default Link dead

Download link is dead!!! Getting the latest version of this mod?
yamatoforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 01:36 PM   #187
Roland_RU
Watch

Downloads: 37
Hi, mates!
Link is dead! Please, upload the latest version of this mod!
Roland_RU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 02:31 PM   #188
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21085853/AI_torps_rar

Somehow I found it on my infamously disorganized mods folder.

If the original creator wants me to take it down I will.

Otherwise - Enjoy!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 09:50 PM   #189
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Sorry gentlemen I haven't SH4 but I have downloaded this mod because it's of interest for me for other stuffs related to SH3.
Could you please indicate to me to what weapons/torpedoes/shells/objects correspond the following ID's present in this mod?
They are:
-0x9b237749c98196cc (found in torpspawngun.sim) what type of shells/torpedoes is this in SH4?
-0xfa9f1d0fc98196cc (found in torpspawngun.sim) what type of shells/torpedoes is this in SH4?
-0x56545dc1c98196cc (found in torpspawngun.sim) what type of shells/torpedoes is this in SH4?
-0x6d21707950f0ac3c (found in torpspawngun.sim) I suspect it's the fire effect used for the cannon but what(brief description)?
-0x8f346dcc43bfbcb2 (found in torpspawnfx.dat) I suspect it should be a mk 14 torpedo(into SH4)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 12-26-11 at 10:23 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-12, 02:51 PM   #190
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Any recent work/progress on this mod?

Does anyone have a list of downloadable AI Torpedo Launching ships, game, ready that can be installed?

THANKS!
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 09:48 PM   #191
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie901 View Post
Any recent work/progress on this mod?

Does anyone have a list of downloadable AI Torpedo Launching ships, game, ready that can be installed?

THANKS!
Bump
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 01:42 AM   #192
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

I am trying to get this to work but am confused about what to do in the .DAT, trying to follow instructions but not sure how to create the new node, I expected it to be like when i fooled with the torpedo.sim file, just click add new, but this option is not offered.Could anyone help? I am trying to give the Japanese PT boat torpedoes as well as the Elco and possibly some IJN and USS DD's. I just put in the PT boats at the surigao strait battle and the DD's as well, would be nice if they could use their torpedoes next time I run through the battle.

Also, would it be possible to have AI subs fire torpedoes?

Ok, think I actually figured out how to create a new node, but how do you name it? I cant seem to find anyway to do so.Thanks in advance

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 05-28-12 at 01:56 AM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 01:41 PM   #193
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I am trying to get this to work but am confused about what to do in the .DAT, trying to follow instructions but not sure how to create the new node, I expected it to be like when i fooled with the torpedo.sim file, just click add new, but this option is not offered.Could anyone help? I am trying to give the Japanese PT boat torpedoes as well as the Elco and possibly some IJN and USS DD's. I just put in the PT boats at the surigao strait battle and the DD's as well, would be nice if they could use their torpedoes next time I run through the battle.

Also, would it be possible to have AI subs fire torpedoes?

Ok, think I actually figured out how to create a new node, but how do you name it? I cant seem to find anyway to do so.Thanks in advance
The name is in the 'child node' but here is the 'easy' way to make a new M node. Find for example the M01 node. Select it. Hold Ctrl and Shift, press 'C', you just copied the entire node. (if you use 'copy', you only copy one line.)
Now go to where you want to place it in the .dat file and 'Paste" it. It will past the node and the child node. Select the node and next to ID select "new ID". open the node and select the child node which is a 'label' and change M01 to the next number in line, depending what is already on the ship. So it may be M06 or M12 or whatever it is. And of course then you have to move it to the proper location.
Make the necessary changes in the .eqp file by adding a new entry using the new M06 or whatever it is.
That is the easy way to do it.

But to answer the original question, adding the M06 node you add a Type 4/100 which is "Node". The add a child node type 8/0 which is a label and name it in the label, doing it the same way it is on all the other M nodes. cfg#M02_Shipname. Once you set the name in the label the main node will have the same name.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 03:47 PM   #194
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
The name is in the 'child node' but here is the 'easy' way to make a new M node. Find for example the M01 node. Select it. Hold Ctrl and Shift, press 'C', you just copied the entire node. (if you use 'copy', you only copy one line.)
Now go to where you want to place it in the .dat file and 'Paste" it. It will past the node and the child node. Select the node and next to ID select "new ID". open the node and select the child node which is a 'label' and change M01 to the next number in line, depending what is already on the ship. So it may be M06 or M12 or whatever it is. And of course then you have to move it to the proper location.
Make the necessary changes in the .eqp file by adding a new entry using the new M06 or whatever it is.
That is the easy way to do it.

But to answer the original question, adding the M06 node you add a Type 4/100 which is "Node". The add a child node type 8/0 which is a label and name it in the label, doing it the same way it is on all the other M nodes. cfg#M02_Shipname. Once you set the name in the label the main node will have the same name.

Peabody
Also, do you know what the elco files are under in the sea folder? I dont see them but Elcos are in the game.Ugh

Thanks, I got that part done.Now, what do I do about the settings he mentioned in the first post, making sure the node isnt too close to the boat.I am looking at the 3 model and somewhat understand what hes talking about changing it to 0.5 rotation. Also, its say you can enable the mod JSGME, just have to add the node to the ships you want to fire torpedoes, is this correct?

EDIT:I found the elco files, for some reason it's called "NPT Br" instead of elco.I was going to change the same as with the IJN PT boat(Gyoraitei) but after ooking at Elco sea file .dat via S3D now, the nodes are different, little confused on what to add for the Elco PT boat.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 05-28-12 at 05:36 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 09:01 AM   #195
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
see: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207517