Old 11-03-18, 07:23 AM   #8446
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
https://news.sky.com/story/met-polic...laims-11542357

Just when Jezzer was thinking it had gone away its back!
It would have been better had Labour reported the matter to the Police themselves.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-03-18, 07:25 AM   #8447
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
I'm not interested in the so called difference from a small one to a whopper a lie is a lie. I had a run in with the LibDem councillors some years ago when they printed a out right lie claiming the credit for what I did. I took up up the issue of a no parking zone as no one else bothered even after being caught out parking in the spots.

The LibDems councillors said it was a wast of my time due to a number of reasons, any how I won got it removed and this lot printed it in their news letter saying it was their hard work! I took it up with them asking them to say sorry to me and print the truth and to this day I am still waiting.

I have encountered this from councillors to MP's around here. Sooner or later the truth comes out.
Personally speaking, I find it more effective by stating the leader of the council is a friend of mine and I doubt he'd be too pleased if I made dual contact with him as well as the local press.

Old 11-03-18, 07:27 AM   #8448
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46071985

Fracking coming to your garden soon.

Will jim defend his garden and man shed if they come along to frack? I look forward to watching the news..

Joking aside I'm not a fan of this and this is nothing more than a stop gap.
I note that Cuadrilla announced that it had produced the first natural gas from its site in Lancashire.

Old 11-03-18, 08:35 AM   #8449
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The European Union plans to have a 29-strong team of diplomats in London to represent it after Brexit.

It will be called a "delegation" - not an embassy - and will be part of the EU's foreign policy arm, the European External Action Service (EEAS).

There will also be a mission with five staff in Belfast to oversee the implementation of the withdrawal agreement in Northern Ireland - if there is a Brexit deal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46076860

I suppose this was inevitable.

Old 11-03-18, 11:20 AM   #8450
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It would have been better had Labour reported the matter to the Police themselves.
I agree, they have been digging a hole for themselves.

Quote:
I note that Cuadrilla announced that it had produced the first natural gas from its site in Lancashire.
I saw the pictures not a oil strike that is for sure.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-03-18, 11:26 AM   #8451
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
David Cameron does not want a political comeback, say sources

Friends say ex-PM has been unhappy with speculation he wants to be foreign secretary
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ck-say-friends

Quote:
David Cameron wants to return to politics. It’s a shame he has so little to offer

The worst prime minister in 200 years has no talent or ability. But he does have a colossal sense of his own entitlement
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...cs-entitlement

Dave is far more happy on the pig farm.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-04-18, 07:09 AM   #8452
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
I doubt the electorate will ever forgive him or Gideon for that matter when they scarpered after the referendum result didn't go their way.

Old 11-04-18, 07:13 AM   #8453
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Irish prime minister says Brexit is fraying relations between Ireland and Britain.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said it had also "undermined" the Good Friday Agreement (GFA).

The GFA was signed by political parties in Northern Ireland in 1998 and was aimed at establishing peace after 30 years of The Troubles.

The UK government says "nothing we agree with the EU will risk a return to a hard border".

The Irish border is one of the biggest sticking points in the Brexit negotiations.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46083327

I'd be very interested in understanding precisely what if any solution can be found that would be acceptable to both parties at the negotiating table.

Old 11-04-18, 07:56 AM   #8454
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I admit I see no pragmatic solution for the Irish question. Except that the Uk withdraws from Northern Ireland entirely and leaves it to the EU as a separeate entitity, or unified with Ireland. But I do not even know whether or not the Irish would even want the latter. The Troubles did not exist for no reason.

Maybe an invitation for the Irish to finally come back to their senses and leave all this religious and historical bolliwocks (my word, I like the sound of it ) and provoking parades behind once and forever.

Ah, wait, did I ask for reason there? Okay forget what I said, I just had a mental blackout, but now its over. If you think I had a point, then just wait until next football weekend and visit the hooligan scene, then you know immediately what speaks against it: simple primitive tribalism.
Old 11-04-18, 08:45 AM   #8455
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Northern Ireland is an integral part of the UK and whilst a majority of those living there wish it to remain so there will be no break up of the Union.

The answer lies somewhere in the area of customs oversight without a 'hard' or 'physical' border.

As I've said from day one, I believe there will be some form of agreement.

Old 11-04-18, 09:26 AM   #8456
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Northern Ireland is an integral part of the UK and whilst a majority of those living there wish it to remain so there will be no break up of the Union.
Is this so? I know that a majority of the Northern Irish have voted against Brexit, like the Scots. Thats what I read to be reported at least, I do not know any Irish myself. And while the Protestants are the majority still, birth rates show that Catholics grow against them and the balance is shifitng in favour of the Catholic side. And the Catholics prefer union with the Republic of Ireland.

So the deciding question is what the Northern Irish rate as more important: remaining to be part of the UK or remaining in the EU.

And I think this is what should decide it. Not some written rule on an ancient paper. I stick to my line in these issues, like I argued the same way about the issue of Catalunya.

Are there any polls done answering this question with representative statistics?
Old 11-04-18, 02:53 PM   #8457
STEED
Lucky Jack

The whole Irish issue is far to complex for today's politician's and I mean ours and the EU. One day Ireland will be united and my money is on Southern Ireland, their birth rate is higher for a start.

Old 11-05-18, 06:40 AM   #8458
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Is this so? I know that a majority of the Northern Irish have voted against Brexit, like the Scots. Thats what I read to be reported at least, I do not know any Irish myself. And while the Protestants are the majority still, birth rates show that Catholics grow against them and the balance is shifitng in favour of the Catholic side. And the Catholics prefer union with the Republic of Ireland.

So the deciding question is what the Northern Irish rate as more important: remaining to be part of the UK or remaining in the EU.

And I think this is what should decide it. Not some written rule on an ancient paper. I stick to my line in these issues, like I argued the same way about the issue of Catalunya.

Are there any polls done answering this question with representative statistics?
At present, the Good Friday Agreement is adhered to and a majority in Northern Ireland (agreed, mostly protestant) have voted to remain as a part of the Union but yes, that may change in the future and successive governments have reiterated their committment to the principle of majority rule. The same goes for the likes of Falklands and Gibraltar but all could change in the future.

Old 11-05-18, 06:52 AM   #8459
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The UK government has been warned to stick to its commitment to avoid a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic.

Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney said a time-limited arrangement - or one that could be unilaterally ended by the UK - would never get EU backing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46091134

The heat/temperature in the kitchen appears to be rising and imo the EU are poking their noses into matters that they shouldn't.

Old 11-05-18, 09:43 AM   #8460
STEED
Lucky Jack

Let the Irish sort it out without outsiders butting in.

Too be honest why do we hold on to NI? Strategic land, oil, minerals, no none of them. I just get this feeling there is something behind the scenes we are not told about.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics