SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-08, 04:55 PM   #1
deerbolt
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default stronger torpedoes

i have done what is outlined below using SH3 Mini Tweaker and them tweakfiles

File: Torpedo.sim

Type = System value. Don't change.

Depth = Default depth for torpedo.

Max_Dive_Angle = What it says, in degrees.

Max_Turn_Angle = What it says, in degrees. Maximum is in 180, so if you want to make a torp that turns on a dime, use 180.

Impulse = The amount of force applied to target (not damage). Huge amounts makes merchants really fly up into the air.

Straight_Run = Used by homing torps. Since homing torps lock on to acoustic sources, the torp must run this distance before the guidance system sets in. Set it too low and you'll risk your torp turning back and sending you to Davy Jones' locker.

Speed = Duh. In knots. Note that setting a value more that 40 for homing torps may make them miss a lot (observation only)

Range = Duh. In meters.

-------

File: Torpedo.zon

MinEff and MaxEff = Defines the minimum and maximum DAMAGE the torp can inflict at one time.

MinRadius and MaxRadius = Defines the minimum and maximum Area of Effect, in other words, the blast zone. Set it too large and you'll be caught in the explosion.

my question is this?

do the settings you altar in them 2 files get automatically inputted into the originals in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Library. and if not how do i change them manually

thanks for any replies
deerbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 08:16 PM   #2
bobchase
Torpedoman

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Yes, mini-tweaker modifies the actual game files. The text file that you load (and can be stored anywhere you want to keep them) is just the template that allows the tweaker program to modify the appropriate game file. If you load the text file for the GUNS_SUB.zon file, you would then be modifying your boat's guns, and so on.

One other thing you should do is to remove the copies of the file that the tweaker program makes. While I have never actually had the problem myself, some modders have said that the game will stubbornly retain it's use of copy (which is actually the original) and not load the modified file.

As always, back up your original files before playing with modifications. Unless, of cource, you really like to uninstall and reinstall your game from time-to-time...

Bob
bobchase is offline   Reply With Quote