Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-16, 07:28 PM   #2116
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The head of the police union two days ago got quoted by a newspaper that amongst the migrants that came to Germany last year, "several thousand" are potential attackers, IS sleepers and/or prone to quick radicalization by "extremist propaganda" in Germany. Nobody has a solution, politicians do not care.

The Federal Office for Migration issues - BAMF - also confirmed or was revealed to have identified several thousand migrants who entered Germany with forged papers - without any consequences that the law however demands then. They should have been sentd away, either when entering or after having been identified to own forged papers - instead they were allowed to stay in germany. With still forged, non-valid papers. The teeth of the laws have been pulled, intentionally. Nobody cares. Police speakers criticising this, get called back by politicians.

Finally, several tens of tousands of migrants, especially young single males, have disappeared in germany, dropped under the radar. Nobody cares.

We were lucky while we do sleepwalking. And we call this our "strategy". But it is just sleepwalking, and what has saved us so far is not our masterplan, but mere luck. Others could envy us for our luck until here.
The bad guys seem to have the same problems ... they need money

One way I have noticed is that they sell drugs and use drugs to obtain their weapons and influence and power.

Crack down on drugs and reward the drug dealers for any information that would lead to the arrest of terrorist sleeper cells.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-16, 09:44 PM   #2117
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Just a question of time.
We may disagree on the solutions to the situation, but I agree with you both here, it is just a matter of time before one gets through. I've been expecting an attack over here for quite a while now, particularly in one of the northern/western cities like Birmingham or Liverpool. We've caught a few, stopped a few (that the public are aware of), but sooner or later one will get through. C'est la guerre.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 08:21 AM   #2118
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Another shining example of Russian compassion for human life.

Quote:
Russia vetoes U.N. demand for end to bombing of Syria's Aleppo
Quote:
British U.N. Ambassador Matthew Rycroft told Russian U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin: "Thanks to your actions today, Syrians will continue to lose their lives in Aleppo and beyond to Russian and Syrian bombing. Please stop now."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...KCN1280VJ?il=0

Another step towards a new cold war no doubt.
And now another step closer.

Parliament are currently debating whether the RAF should help a western alliance in setting up a no-fly zone to stop Russian airstrikes in Syria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-37616636

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 08:26 AM   #2119
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The French are now making their opposition known.

Quote:
Russia's President Vladimir Putin has cancelled a planned visit to France amid a row over Syria.
Quote:
On Monday, Mr Hollande suggested Russia could face war crimes charges over its bombardment of Syria's city of Aleppo.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37616333

Old 10-11-16, 09:33 AM   #2120
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Shooting down Russian planes?

Bombing Russian artillery?

I believe it when it I see it happening. Bad idea, btw. Very bad idea.

Imagine Russia starts bombing American units in Iraq. Anyone believing the US would sit still and not militarily react - in Iraq and beyond? Shoot at Russian planes - and see them shooting back. Then take a time out and imagine how this necessarily must and will all end.

Now all this is a very realistic scenario for an escalating World War Three. I am not willing to wage one just to save one already destroyed city. Costs and gains, you know. Too much of the first, none of the latter.

Quote:
Crack down on drugs and reward the drug dealers for any information
Has not worked well in decades on war on drugs, or has it? Legalise drugs instead. Ruins the criminals' business model. Be cheaper than them, and they must quit then. You also reduce drug related crime that is done to obtain money to buy drugs, if drugs get cheaper and legal. You get people off the streets.

Why does a state have to take it upon itself to tell people which drugs they may consume? Certain drugs - mass-damaging and mass killing people, btw - are highly welcomed if the state has obtained a monopole to tax their consummation. People are to be free. And that means they are to be responsible for themselves and their decisions.

Legalise it. Ruins a whole plenty of bad guy'S way to earn their money for a living. The whole "war on drugs" until today has been a terrible desaster, and has only boosted the prison industry in the US.
Old 10-11-16, 10:52 AM   #2121
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I must admit I fail to see how a No Fly Zone would work, if Putin decides to call NATOs bluff...and he probably will...do we go to war with Russia?

Well, I guess it'll solve many of the worlds problems if we do...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 02:07 PM   #2122
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I think the best that can be hoped for (regarding those in favour of some kind of penalty) will be trade sanctions.

Old 10-11-16, 02:53 PM   #2123
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I must admit I fail to see how a No Fly Zone would work, if Putin decides to call NATOs bluff...and he probably will...do we go to war with Russia?

Well, I guess it'll solve many of the worlds problems if we do...
What's Russia going to do if they want to hit a Hamas target in Damascus? They've done it before when Iran tried to ship in some new rockets for Hamas,
Israel bombed the warehouse they were stored in, which was in Damascus.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 03:08 PM   #2124
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The French are now making their opposition known.

Quote:
Russia's President Vladimir Putin has cancelled a planned visit to France amid a row over Syria.
Quote:
On Monday, Mr Hollande suggested Russia could face war crimes charges over its bombardment of Syria's city of Aleppo.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37616333
Hollande sold his arse to atlanticism, and never acted on behalf of France at any time. France is Church's elder daughter, so I'd use another vocabulary to speak about that fat pig's behaviour in Moscow.

Whose nationalism is leading us to WW3 ?
Old 10-11-16, 03:51 PM   #2125
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Yesterday a Danish News paper had an article about Russia placing Iscander/Iskander(can't find the English word or the military term for this missile) missile in the enclave Kaliningrad

The article or the author of it said it could be a Cuba crisis all over again.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 04:34 PM   #2126
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Who's burning all those cars in Denmark, Markus?

Al Capone
Old 10-11-16, 04:44 PM   #2127
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Who's burning all those cars in Denmark, Markus?
I'm assure it's the same type of people as in Sweden.

Sweden had not so long back the same problems in Stockholm Gothenburg, Malmoe and in some other areas.

I understand that it also happens in Germany. Have not heard about England yet though

Back to those burning cars here in Denmark

Many believes it's some disaffected refugees or migrants who are doing this( I'm one of them).
There may also be insurance cheating(maybe a few per year) or that the new cars have a defect so they spontaneously ignites

Markus
Old 10-11-16, 04:51 PM   #2128
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
What's Russia going to do if they want to hit a Hamas target in Damascus? They've done it before when Iran tried to ship in some new rockets for Hamas,
Israel bombed the warehouse they were stored in, which was in Damascus.
That was before the Syrians had S-300. Such systems has been delivered meanwhile, not so long time ago. And that system is a.) a lethal beast, fourth generaton fighters probably are no match for it; and b.) Russian doctrine demands air defences to be set up in several layers, and it is known that amongst others Russia also has deployed SA-22s around its bases, these are short range systems - but again, absolutely lethal. With one or two more different AD systems fitting into the formula I cannot imagine that anything can happen in Russian controlled air space in Syria anymore without the Russians allowing it - or repelling it. Neither France nor Britain nor Israel operate fifth generation combat aircraft and bombers currently. And even these maybe are not untouchable by these new systems.

The question of whethee the Russians would indeed open fire on NATO planes, is hypothetical. More realistic is the question whether any Western political leader in france, Britain or Washington would risk to call them out and send airplanes into a msision to find out, with quite some NATO members probably not supporting this step. The answer is most likely a No.

Lets be realistic. The West has no horses in this race over Syria. If we would rewalyl be about saving civiliuan lives, we would cooperate with Assad and Russia, stop all support to the over one hundred rebel groups formign the socalle drestience, and of which many are relgiozs radicals, and shorten the war by allowing one side the aesy and quick win, which necessarily will also mean destruciton of most of the opposing side. Syria will be no single state as before enaymore, but a fractured entity, probably three or four components. And somebody in the West has to kick the Erdoghanis' lower bottom so that they learn to sit still. And what would we gain if Assad's enemy'S win? Look at Libya.

Really, we have no horses in this race. We never had. We already have damaged ourselves: we created a scenario where now Russia can openly protect Syrian nuclear ambitions by military, direct means. Another of these ingenious, ambitious moves we made but did not really calculate to the end. I hate it when politicians try to think with their hearts.

And finally there is the question of whether or not there are Russians near that ground target you want to bomb in Damascus. And if cou kill Russian troops there, the Russians will hardly agree to just call them collateral damage.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-11-16 at 05:00 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 04:57 PM   #2129
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm assure it's the same type of people as in Sweden.

Sweden had not so long back the same problems in Stockholm Gothenburg, Malmoe and in some other areas.

I understand that it also happens in Germany. Have not heard about England yet though

Back to those burning cars here in Denmark

Many believes it's some disaffected refugees or migrants who are doing this( I'm one of them).
There may also be insurance cheating(maybe a few per year) or that the new cars have a defect so they spontaneously ignites

Markus
I'm just glad no one has been in those cars when they set them on fire. So far, that is.

Al Capone
Old 10-11-16, 05:04 PM   #2130
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

@ Skybird

These S-300 have been known by the West and Israel for years so don't you think they have come up with some type of countermeasure or like ?

Markus

Tags
terrorism