Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-17, 07:07 PM   #6571
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Will Theresa May be the next prime minister, highly probable, but how long will her cronies put up with her media car crash moments, that is the question.
I can see her in less than a year as being just another victim of her own backbenchers, no one from the opposition has to do anything, all they have to do is sit back and watch the show, another Maggie Thatcher exit is on the way, and that's a near as dammit certainty.
Old 05-31-17, 03:54 AM   #6572
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Is there any possibility Northern Ireland and Scotland can remain in, or at least keep ties with, the EU, or will England's and Wales' majority rule this out? If i understand May right she will leave not much room for alternatives

A "strong hand during Brexit negotiations" seems to be her answer to everything, even regarding the NHS. From here it looks likes he is doing her best to lose an unlosable election

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 05-31-17 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-31-17, 09:05 AM   #6573
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

As far as I'm aware, BREXIT appertains to the whole of the UK and all its constituent parts.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-31-17, 09:55 AM   #6574
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Very true, though (for Catfish's benefit) the SNP and Scottish Greens in Scotland, the SDLP and Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland and Plaid Cymru in Wales have a different opinion, albeit for different reasons. Since these parties have very different views on what the UK is in comparison with the Conservative and Unionist Party it's not altogether surprising that there's disagreement.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 05-31-17, 10:15 AM   #6575
bertieck476
Chief

Downloads: 33

An independent Scotland would be a net receiver from the EU, so the only attraction for them to be allowed to rejoin would be so that the EU countries can continue to rape their seas of fish.
Old 05-31-17, 10:46 AM   #6576
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertieck476 View Post
An independent Scotland would be a net receiver from the EU, so the only attraction for them to be allowed to rejoin would be so that the EU countries can continue to rape their seas of fish.
U mean fishnet receiver?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-31-17, 10:47 AM   #6577
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertieck476 View Post
Many SNP supporters are anti-EU - the independence means independence crowd. As they comprise something like 40% of the SNP support they're a bit of a knotty problem for La Sturgeon's pro-EU line.

For my part I'll probably be voting for the Tories - I won't touch SLab with a bargepole. I'll be wasting my vote, but I may as well waste it with style!

As for the Scottish fishing industry, TBH I'd say it's very slowly dying. Too many of the youngsters in the area aren't going into fishing - they're either high on drugs or they have other ambitions. Most of the crews are Poles or Filipinos with Scottish senior hands and skippers.

Anyway back to the election, here's an article from the New Statesman giving at least one perspective from Northern Ireland:

Forget Jeremy Corbyn - English politicians are strangely silent on Northern Ireland's real problems

An article on Northern Ireland from Conservative Home:

Henry Hill: The dividends of May’s tough new Northern Irish position

and their latest Scotland article:

Political gravity looks to be catching up with the SNP

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Last edited by MGR1; 05-31-17 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-01-17, 05:32 AM   #6578
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looks like May actually won the debate even though she didn't appear and once more the 'loony left' those who helped force my hand in my decision to leave the party, once again shot themselves in the foot.

Quote:
The polling company chosen to select the audience for the BBC's election debate has defended its political make-up amid claims of "left-wing bias".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40118629

Old 06-01-17, 06:45 AM   #6579
Moonlight
Admiral

^Theresa May did more damage to the Tory election campaign by not turning up than if she'd attended and had defended her own manifesto.
The reason why she didn't turn up is pretty clear, if the questions aren't scripted she can't think straight on her feet and the Tory media gurus didn't want another car crash moment happening.....again.
The wheels have been loose since her manifesto was revealed and now they're starting to come off, Tory candidates are getting naffed off with Theresa for ruining a campaign that was there to be won easily.
Confidence in her ability to be Prime Minister is starting to take shape and this is just the start of her impending demise, I hope its going to be a long and painful one as she deserves it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...ef=uk-politics
Old 06-01-17, 07:10 AM   #6580
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Looks like May actually won the debate even though she didn't appear and once more the 'loony left' those who helped force my hand in my decision to leave the party, once again shot themselves in the foot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40118629
The BBC is left wing and love putting the boot in, a good example would be Nigel Farage on question time but the BBC is also dim witted not to see Nigel is so thick skinned it's water off a ducks back too him. As for the debate which i did not see yet another pointless debate.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-01-17, 07:20 AM   #6581
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Quote:
Tory candidates are “CESORED off” with Theresa May for running a campaign that has “shattered” confidence in her ability to be Prime Minister.

The stark warning comes from a Conservative candidate seeking re-election in a marginal seat, and they told HuffPost UK that other colleagues across the UK share their frustration.
Another way looking at it at the start of the campaign the polls were suggesting the Tories would win 150 seats and allow them to do what they heck wanted. I think its more down to the voter who thinks no thanks to that and as we now see in the polls the Tories will win 20 seats or a Hung Parliament.

I don't give a stuff about stuffed pigs moaning and groaning they could loose their seats. I hear that rubbish from all the party's, they know they are on to a good number and rather keeps their seats.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-01-17, 08:27 AM   #6582
Moonlight
Admiral

Theresa May is like a bloody parrot, she can't answer questions that she hasn't been taught, she didn't give an answer to 1 question from a recent reporters interview.
Gordon bloody Bennett we're going to have 5 more years of this bleeding strong and stable rubbish, OI Theresa, your horse has bolted off down the road you stupid mare.

Quote:
Theresa May Didn’t Answer A Single One Of This Reporter’s Questions
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...D1554752392_uk
Old 06-01-17, 09:13 AM   #6583
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

For me the fundamental question is who is trusted the most and atm I honestly believe May is still streets ahead of Corbyn.

Old 06-01-17, 10:16 AM   #6584
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Conversely, despite Ruth Davidson's best efforts, May is distrusted in Scotland whilst Sturgeon isn't. May fits in with the stereotype of the English Tory that the Nats (and before them Scottish Labour) love to demonise.

Mike.

Old 06-01-17, 12:03 PM   #6585
Moonlight
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
For me the fundamental question is who is trusted the most and atm I honestly believe May is still streets ahead of Corbyn.
^ Trusted on what! soundbites, I'm more interested in what she can't be trusted on and so are a lot more people. What she can't be trusted on is the NHS, the Police, the Armed Forces, the Fire Service, Social Care and Immigration to name just a few, it was that silly mare who as Home Secretary lost the whereabouts of over a 100,000 immigrants wasn't it.

Trust has to be earned and so far the Tories record on it is bloody abysmal, there'll soon be more Foodbanks and more Zero Hours employment for the less well off while her large corporation donors and the better off get even more tax cuts.... trust her you say, I say that's bollocks.

Your judgement has been clouded for a long time old boy, if I were you I'd go and get yourself tested for mad cow disease because I think you've caught it off of Theresa May and her cronies.

Tags
british, politics