SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-14, 02:06 PM   #31
archer9
A-ganger

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 2

Version 0.3 is out, please report if you find any problems. No idea if it's savegame compatible. I'm using crew_commands.txt from MifhtyFineCrew mod in this update, but if I'm correct it shouldn't cause any problems for those who don't use that mod.

Sorry, Mike, I wasn't able to move special abilities into a separate sub-menu. I don't know what's the problem, but it just doesn't work. I'm guessing there's some special rules with special abilities in the script. I'll give it a second try when I can. If I can't do it, we'll need a special compatibility version of EMCCD for your mod. Probably will have to put more stuff in the same sub-menus. Not a big problem.

I've included almost everything I wanted into dialogues. The only command from commands.cfg that for some mystical reason doesn't want to work for me is deploy_decoys. And another one is the Report fix (lat and long) from Real Navigation. I can't find the command in commands.cfg and thus I can't add it to the dialogs... If I could find a way to add these two commands, we'd be able to play with the officers panel fully disabled!!

Last edited by archer9; 01-14-14 at 02:20 PM.
archer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 02:25 PM   #32
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

With the New Ui options editor you can hide any combination of officers on the officers panel . I don't know how but you can do it . It is an option .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 03:04 PM   #33
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer9 View Post
Sorry, Mike, I wasn't able to move special abilities into a separate sub-menu. I don't know what's the problem, but it just doesn't work. I'm guessing there's some special rules with special abilities in the script. I'll give it a second try when I can. If I can't do it, we'll need a special compatibility version of EMCCD for your mod. Probably will have to put more stuff in the same sub-menus. Not a big problem.

The only command from commands.cfg that for some mystical reason doesn't want to work for me is deploy_decoys. And another one is the Report fix (lat and long) from Real Navigation.
How about contacting Rongel about special abilities with Reworked Morale and Abilities Mod?

Hopefully, the miscellaneous dialogue from [wip] voices reloaded will fit nicely with 9 entries allowed in the dialogue menu still.

I was thinking the same thing, sub-menus, subroutines. Just an example of an idea, gunner or watch officer vocalizes a general comment that is available in the **.ogg files to say immediately after the command "fire at will" is said, etc.

Deploy decoys makes a sound for me with mods I use. I will look later to see what I can find for this. I do not use real navigation to help with that.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 05:24 PM   #34
archer9
A-ganger

Yes, I'm yet to figure out why there is no speech after commands are activated by dialogue. I can hear speeches when they are clicked through the UI... Maybe for the next update I'll figure it out.
Old 01-14-14, 06:42 PM   #35
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

With V0.3 I get an instant ctd if I click on any of the standard depth control icons on the left GUI .
Old 01-14-14, 07:17 PM   #36
archer9
A-ganger

Thank you, sober. Check the first post for a new link.

Last edited by archer9; 01-14-14 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-14-14, 09:44 PM   #37
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
If you are going to look into the **.aix files in data\Scripts\AI\Dialogs_Default someday, some changes need to be made.
DT_XO_all.aix
Search for "MC_TRF_LOAD01_58" and change to "MC_CR_SO_102"
DT_Radio_all.aix
Search for "MC_TRF_LOAD01_58" and change to "MC_RR_RADIO_80"
Whoops, sorry. I only tested the vocal yesterday. Did not actually test the dialog box then. Will be testing later tonight. Did I miss this detail for you and that is why it did not work in version 0.3?

Should be:
DT_XO_all.aix
Search for "TorpedoMan_slash_", "MC_TRF_LOAD01_58" and change to "ExecutiveOfficer_slash_", "MC_CR_SO_102"
Just in case you change this file in future:
DT_Radio_all.aix
Search for "TorpedoMan_slash_", "MC_TRF_LOAD01_58" and change to "RadioMan_slash_", "MC_RR_RADIO_80"
Old 01-15-14, 03:08 AM   #38
archer9
A-ganger

Ups, sorry, totally forgot to edit those lines!
Old 01-15-14, 04:26 AM   #39
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Is what your looking for in the
Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu\TheDarkWraithAutomation ?
I mean any hints in that file .
Old 01-15-14, 04:41 AM   #40
archer9
A-ganger

Yes, I was just looking through that same file and there is this line at the bottom of it:
,[ "Report_position_celestial", AutomationRealNavReportPositionCelestial ]

There is also this line in Data/Automation/TDW_Automation.txt:
; Report_position_celestial,0,0,0,0,0,0,t

But it is commented out for some reason, like the rest of the lines in that file.

Anyway, TDW apparently uses his own commands through his own scripting. I tried simply adding an entry of 'Report_position_celestial' into commands.cfg but it's obviously not that simple because it didn't work in the game. For now I'm stumped.
Old 01-16-14, 02:23 PM   #41
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
v0.3.1
When an order is clicked, SO, WO and Nav will now use a different speech file according to the crew state (Normal/Tension/Whisper).
again.
What triggers the crew state? Maybe useful for voices reloaded, too, by keeping code smaller.
Old 01-16-14, 04:08 PM   #42
archer9
A-ganger

The crew state is triggered automatically by the game. For example, if a line like this one is triggered:

Code:
Dialog:PlaySound( "ChiefEngineer_slash_", "MC_CR_CHIEF_01_A", 0 );
the game will automatically look for a speech file with that name in all three folders - Normal, Tension and Whisper. If the assigned filename is found only in one of those folders, it will use it for all states.
Old 01-17-14, 04:57 AM   #43
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Is that everything now , apart from real navigation ? Can I disable the officers bar now ?
Old 01-17-14, 06:21 AM   #44
archer9
A-ganger

Yeah, I guess so. Pretty much everything apart from real nav is accessible through dialogs now.
Old 01-17-14, 12:55 PM   #45
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Is that everything now , apart from real navigation ? Can I disable the officers bar now ?
Quote:
Yeah, I guess so. Pretty much everything apart from real nav is accessible through dialogs now.
So if I summarize this correctly, once the officer bar is disabled, we access the dialog by using the command key "T" for the transport panel?