Closed Thread

Old 05-21-19, 03:34 AM   #9961
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I hear tarzan is voting for the Libs, hang on he's a Tory MP.

Just as I post this I hear on the radio he has the whip withdrawn from him.
Yep
Lord Heseltine loses Tory whip after endorsing the Lib Dems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48344485
Old 05-21-19, 04:55 AM   #9962
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Nigel should sack his bodyguards for not doing their job right. Any one throwing something is always a morron.
Not the firdt time in recent weeks a milk shake has been the weapon of choice.

This was aired on Sky News first and the culprit just happens to be an employee of theirs so I should imagine this months payslip will be accompanied by his P45.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-21-19, 04:57 AM   #9963
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Yep

Quote:
The 86-year old, who served in the governments of Margaret Thatcher and John Major and was also an adviser to David Cameron, said he was following his conscience and the Conservative Party remained his "natural home".
Says it all really.

Old 05-21-19, 07:56 AM   #9964
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I hear MayBot had a good cabinet meeting and some reports say she could this one though Parliament. I will judge that tomorrow on the news for myself, the key thing will the DUP go for it?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 05-21-19, 07:58 AM   #9965
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

No support if Backstop remains and it probably will.

Old 05-21-19, 10:14 AM   #9966
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Most recent polling snapshot of Scottish voting intentions for Thursday, based on the Scotland sub-sample from the latest YouGov poll:

Tweet by John Rentoul

Poll Data

Reactions:

Poll puts Brexit Party into second place in Scotland as pro Scottish independence parties gain

Prof John Curtice: SNP heading for 'all-time record' in EU elections

SNP could see all-time record result in EU election – Professor John Curtice

The latter two are from The Herald Scotland (pro-Scottish Independence) and The Scotsman (anti-Scottish Independence) respectively which give an interesting insight into how the two sides of the current constitutional conflict north of the border spin the same story.

I call the results for Scotland's six MEP seats as follows:

SNP: 3

Brexit Party: 2

Last seat could go either Green, Tory or Labour - too close to call.

Latest data from PanelBase giving snapshot of current Scottish Westminster voting intentions:

Westminster Voting Intention (Scotland)

Naturally caveats apply.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 05-21-19, 10:21 AM   #9967
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Having read the above I looked up the poll predictions for England and wished I hadn't.

The predictions are all over the place depending on which side each publishing newspaper supports.

So no surprises there.

Old 05-21-19, 11:18 AM   #9968
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I'm lost, I do not understand the reasoning behind this:

Quote:
MPs will get a vote on whether to hold another referendum if they back the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill, she said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48357017

So if she would get her deal through, which is so supersoft a Brexit then that the meaning of Brexit cannot be recognised in any of it anymore, and if therefore she would have gotten what she wanted all the time - her deal rendering Brexit meaningless being accepted and thus rendering Brexit meaningless - she then wants to give parliament a vote on deciding wether there will be another referendum that then should, so i suppose, overrule the first one?

Is there something I do miss? It makes less sense to me than just "none". In a time when it is claimed that there could be "negative interests" that still be interests by definition, is there now also something like "negative sense"?
Old 05-21-19, 11:50 AM   #9969
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Having read the above I looked up the poll predictions for England and wished I hadn't.

The predictions are all over the place depending on which side each publishing newspaper supports.

So no surprises there.

None at all.

Since Scotland has a considerably lower population than England it's probably easier for the pollsters to make predictions about the results.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 05-21-19, 12:40 PM   #9970
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I'm lost, I do not understand the reasoning behind this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48357017

So if she would get her deal through, which is so supersoft a Brexit then that the meaning of Brexit cannot be recognised in any of it anymore, and if therefore she would have gotten what she wanted all the time - her deal rendering Brexit meaningless being accepted and thus rendering Brexit meaningless - she then wants to give parliament a vote on deciding wether there will be another referendum that then should, so i suppose, overrule the first one?

Is there something I do miss? It makes less sense to me than just "none". In a time when it is claimed that there could be "negative interests" that still be interests by definition, is there now also something like "negative sense"?
This is her way of trying to appease those MP's who currently won't vote for her Bill and represent constituencies who voted to leave.

If she gets Parliament to accept her Bill she has achieved what she originally set out to do but what happens after that is of absolutely no concern to her.

She is a Prime Minister in name only right now.

Old 05-21-19, 12:59 PM   #9971
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Yep

"The former deputy prime minister said he would not back the Tories because of the party's pro-Brexit stance."

Well it seems that there is not one party being against brexit despite the referendum having been a fraud. So the "results" are not so astonishing.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 05-21-19, 04:24 PM   #9972
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"The former deputy prime minister said he would not back the Tories because of the party's pro-Brexit stance."

Well it seems that there is not one party being against brexit despite the referendum having been a fraud. So the "results" are not so astonishing.

The Libdems are overwhelmingly against Brexit, Labour: majority against and Cons: about 50/50ish
What fraud?
Old 05-21-19, 05:06 PM   #9973
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Been listening to the radio with comments from MP's to political experts and they are saying MayDay will suffer a bigger defeat than last time. Some MP's backed her last time are not going to this time, DUP look like saying no to it and Labour as well.

May's last days in power are coming up and once defeated the 1922 committee will demand she must go.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 05-22-19, 01:50 AM   #9974
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Quote:
In an attempt to win over Labour MPs, she announced the following concessions:
  • A guarantee of a Commons vote on whether to hold another referendum on the government's Brexit deal
  • A vote on different customs options, including a government proposal for a temporary customs union for goods - what Mrs May called a "customs compromise"
  • A legal obligation for the UK to "seek to conclude alternative arrangements" to replace the Northern Ireland backstop by the end of 2020
  • If the backstop does come into force, the bill would guarantee Northern Ireland remains aligned with the rest of the UK and remains in same customs territory
  • Legislation to ensure workers rights are "every bit as good, if not better" after Brexit - and guarantees of no dilution in environmental standards
  • A legal duty to seek changes to the political declaration on future relations with the EU
Well her own MPs wont vote with for Brexit (but we knew that anyway) the maybot is now trying to bribe Labour MPs to vote with her.

Dead women walking Skybet is giving her odds of 1/50 the she'll be gone by the end of year, should be by the end of June...
Old 05-22-19, 04:20 AM   #9975
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

May can offer whatever she wants, can offer all the opposition wants and ever wanted - she would be voted down. Because in general everybody is done with her, and Labour by now brews a completely different soup: getting new elections while blaming Tories for it. May seems to not see that she is no longer part of it - whatever "it" may be. That may hurt her ego, but nobody cares. She lost the right time to leave with at least a last remaining, fading trace of dignity. By now she is just a walking joke.

Tags
british, politics