Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Default McConnell calls on Roy Moore to end Senate campaign

Quote:
following accusations of sexual misconduct
Quote:
On Nov. 13, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) called on Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore to "step aside" after women accused him of sexual misconduct. "I believe the women," McConnell said. Moore denied the allegations. (The Washington Post)
By Sean Sullivan and Elise Viebeck November 13 at 12:28 PM
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday that Republican nominee Roy Moore should end his Senate campaign in Alabama, following allegations that he initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ory.html:hmmm:

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 01:59 PM   #47
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

They all can't be lying and they can't all be telling the truth ... good grief these people are coming out of the wood work.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ha...ed-her-n820301

Quote:
A sixth woman has come forward to accuse former President George H.W. Bush of groping in years past — in this case, when she was 16 and had her picture taken with him in Texas.

Roslyn Corrigan told Time magazine that she met Bush in 2003 when he spoke at a CIA office in The Woodlands, near Houston, where her father worked. The attendees were permitted to pose with Bush for a photo opportunity.

A picture provided to the magazine by Corrigan shows her standing next to Bush, who was 79 at the time, with her mother on his left side.
What do we do cancel the president's pension?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 02:07 PM   #48
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post

We're unable to locate the page you requested.
The page may have moved or may no longer be available.
We want to help you find what you're looking for. Here are some suggestions:

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 04:06 PM   #49
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The floodgates have collapsed here in Hollywood; the common reasoning is the taking down of Weinstein signaled the disintegration of 'Teflon coating' protecting predatory producers, directors, agents, etc., from being outed as the scum they are and its open season on the worst cases. The Los Angeles County DA has just announced the formation of a special investigation/prosecution team to handle the now overwhelming number of harassment and assault reports coming in to the DA's Office. Persons who were afraid to report or discuss their experiences out of fear of professional repercussions or, in some cases, physical retaliation, are now emboldened to step forward; the effect on the high-level Hollywood power brokers is to have many of them scurrying to lawyer up in the event they should be 'outed'. There is also movement in the State Legislature to eliminate the favorite tactic of the predators, the use of Non-Disclosure Agreements and/or Confidential Binding Arbitration clauses in talent contracts as a means of keeping their dirty little secrets out of the public eye. The whole situation has gone much farther than I would have guessed when the whole matter broke open. It has been interesting here in Hollywood...

<O>
Old 11-13-17, 04:08 PM   #50
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
We're unable to locate the page you requested.
The page may have moved or may no longer be available.
We want to help you find what you're looking for. Here are some suggestions:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f72_story.html

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 05:28 PM   #51
vienna
Navy Seal

The hits just keep on coming:

New woman accuses Moore of sexual misconduct when she was a minor --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...74d_story.html

Roy Moore's former colleague: It was 'common knowledge' that Moore 'dated high school girls' --

http://www.businessinsider.com/roy-m...-girls-2017-11

Yep, just more of those good ol' GOP Family Values and moral rectitude...

<O>
Old 11-13-17, 06:08 PM   #52
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Trouble is it's a good way for someone to get rich quick, the courts tend to believe the 'victims' in sexual harassment cases. I would demand proof but then how can you prove such a thing??? A lie detector test would have to be mandatory.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 06:17 PM   #53
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Yep, just more of those good ol' GOP Family Values and moral rectitude...
Are you suggesting that moral rectitude and criminal behavior are dependent on political affiliation? I hope not.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 07:39 PM   #54
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Are you suggesting that moral rectitude and criminal behavior are dependent on political affiliation? I hope not.
Nope, just commenting on how it seems to be a rather common occurrence that those who claim to be representing high moral values are often those who seem to be found to have the lowest actual behavior. Moore just happens to be in the GOP and heavy stress on "Family Values" and morality have long been part of the GOP's game plan and marketing. I'd feel the same way if the DEMs started to spout off about morality while trying to defend, say Bill Clinton; I don't discriminate according to party, I just react to whoever is dealing with the most current hypocrisy. If it makes you feel any better, the whole #metoo movement has swept up a couple of prominent DEMs here in California's State Legislature and State Senate and they are enjoying the same sort of roasting as the other pervs. The State Legislature has even had to go to the length of taking away investigations of harassment from the in-house HR and turned it over to an independent, non-partisan, outside entity. This is a good move since the DEMs are heavily in control of both State chambers and all the major administrative positions and they are ill-positioned to fairly deal with the matter(s). If they hadn't taken the move, they would have little to defend any criticism they might heap on the GOP members...

Like I've said before, I belong to no party and I just call it as I see it...

<O>
Old 11-13-17, 07:52 PM   #55
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Trouble is it's a good way for someone to get rich quick, the courts tend to believe the 'victims' in sexual harassment cases. I would demand proof but then how can you prove such a thing??? A lie detector test would have to be mandatory.
The only flaw with the "get rich quick" argument is, as far as I've heard, none of the persons making charges have actually filed suits against Moore or, actually, any of the heavyweights like Weinstein; in fact, for the vast majority of the case, there can't even be any criminal charges filed due to the expiration of the statute of limitations. If any of the victims have been compensated by the offenders, it has more likely than not as hush money backed up with Non-Disclosure Agreements and/or exercise of Confidential Binding Arbitration clauses in the victim's employment agreements/contracts by the offenders. Added to this is the aversion news organizations have towards paying for stories; when they do pay, the amount is actually rather small, a sort of token payment...

Part of the problem has been the offenders have long held all the cards in the form of their power and influence. What has happened now is they are a bit like bellicose schoolyard bullies who have finally had their bluff and bluster called by the school nerd and now find themselves surrounded by a mob of other nerds eager to get in a punch against their tormentor(s). As the saying goes, kharma is a cruel mistress...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 11-13-17 at 09:28 PM.
vienna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 07:54 PM   #56
u crank

Quote:
Nope, just commenting on how it seems to be a rather common occurrence that those who claim to be representing high moral values are often those who seem to be found to have the lowest actual behavior.
Well I would have to say that in the age of Trump both sides are equally guilty of claiming the high moral ground. If that's possible.

I would also say that this whole #metoo movement is just getting started. I'm not going to be shocked by anything I hear. No wait...I'm already shocked.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-13-17, 08:16 PM   #57
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well I would have to say that in the age of Trump both sides are equally guilty of claiming the high moral ground. If that's possible.
It seems more like they are competing in a political limbo dance: "How low can you Go?" Just another reason neither appeals to me...

Quote:
I would also say that this whole #metoo movement is just getting started. I'm not going to be shocked by anything I hear. No wait...I'm already shocked.
I'm also very surprised by the scope of the #metoo movement. Here in Hollywood, harassment scandals are almost cyclical in occurrence and most die out pretty quickly (payoffs, etc.); but the current go is surprisingly far-ranging; as in the analogy used before, the victimized schoolyard nerds just discovered the school bullies have glass chins and now they are just wailing away, getting in their hits; considering some of the guys involved, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of pervs...

This article I just found makes some good points:

Roy Moore Presents Republicans With a Familiar Dilemma --

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ilemma/545498/

If they're going to take a posture of pushing morality, they've gotta be ready to be proactive against immorality, even if it is not to their immediate advantage; play the long game, not the short "win" that will probably butt-bite them later...

<O>
Old 11-13-17, 08:33 PM   #58
u crank

Quote:
If they're going to take a posture of pushing morality, they've gotta be ready to be proactive against immorality, even if it is not to their immediate advantage; play the long game, not the short "win" that will probably butt-bite them later...
Indeed. Who knows who will be exposed next. Both sides of the political spectrum are in jeopardy of a scandal. Some people probably aren't sleeping to well. And rightly so.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-14-17, 05:06 PM   #59
vienna
Navy Seal

The situation of Roy Moore's past history regarding underage or near underage teens gets a bit more disturbing:

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall --

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...e-gadsden-mall

Added to the reports made by the five women who have outed Moore, these reports of Moore actively trawling for teen girls at the mall paint a picture of a man whose public espousal and demand for morality is in diametric and hypocritical contrast to his actual character...

Sleaze is sleaze, and disgusting and reprehensible, no matter how many Bibles he thumps or flags he waves...

<O>
Old 11-14-17, 05:40 PM   #60
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Nope, just commenting on how it seems to be a rather common occurrence that those who claim to be representing high moral values are often those who seem to be found to have the lowest actual behavior...

<O>
I couldn't agree more. My mother always said those who scream/condemn the loudest usually have the most to hide.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote