Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-17, 08:50 PM   #3106
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

You know, I agree with you; at least with Dubbya, you knew you weren't having to deal with a bat guano loon...

...and I bet, somewhere, Dick Nixon is cackling with glee...

<O>
Old 06-12-17, 04:16 PM   #3107
vienna
Navy Seal

It pretty much official -- the White House is now a bad SNL comedy sketch:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000313

It looks like the Oval Office is now occupied by General Bullmoose (or Bull-Something):

This is the sort of thing some one would expect of a petty dictator of some third world banana republic...

<O>
Old 06-12-17, 05:38 PM   #3108
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Hmmm.

I watch the linked video but could not find this part....

Quote:
President Donald Trump invited his top employees to shower him with compliments on Monday.
Is this what they mean by 'fake news'?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-12-17, 06:32 PM   #3109
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Hmmm.

Apparently the Dems latest meme is that Trumps cabinet could not possibly support his agenda so it all must be as scripted as a CNN covered anti-isis protest.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-12-17, 08:26 PM   #3110
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Hmmm.

Video link here, best comedy show I have seen in a while,lol Half of them can't even remember their lines!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/12/trump...ising-him.html

Al Capone
Old 06-13-17, 02:02 AM   #3111
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I'm kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me. Al Capone
^ do you think the Donald was circling the table with a baseball bat during this.. event?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-13-17 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-13-17, 02:40 AM   #3112
vienna
Navy Seal

Another article on the Trump "Love-In":

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/u...vity.html?_r=0

I also found it amusing Trump was unaware of where Mike Pence, the Vice-President of the US, the person a "heartbeat away" from the Presidency, was sitting: Pence was directly across the table from Trump...

Trump's claim of being the 'most productive' President ever (absent FDR, as Trump "modestly" noted) has also drawn a lot of WTH reaction. Here's a couple of articles on the matter...

First, an article from a well-known Far-Right GOP leaning DC newspaper that appears to be the source for Trump's newest puffery:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-into-law-tha/

Now, an article from a news-source, though admittedly not in Trump's corner, still exercised the time-honored skill of doing actual research:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.645058e64ce6

Somehow, Trump and his 'cheerleaders' haven't seemed to grasp the fact just passing a piece of legislation in the House of Representatives doesn't make it a fully passed bill into law, it must also pass the Senate; the fact legislation must pass both the houses of Congress is a basic truth known by every grade school student who has been through a basic civics class, or has even watched the Schoolhouse Rock episode "I'm Just A Bill". Either Trump and his minions are, indeed, not "Smarter Than A 5th Grader", or Trump and his minions have so low an opinion of the intelligence of his base as to think they just won't know the truth. Either Trump is a lot dumber than thought or he's banking on his perception his base is really dumb; not flattering or reassuring, either way...

Being a baseball fan, I was amused by the baseball analogy at the end of the article...

Quote:

Of course, if a president wanted to, he could sign any number of executive orders that had little to no effect or that were thrown out by the courts. (On Monday, for example, an appeals court upheld a block on Trump’s immigration ban.) Executive orders can affect the implementation of legislation and the organization of government, but are necessarily limited in the effect they can have. But they can also be largely rhetorical, political demonstrations meant to rally a base.

Put another way, if you simply want a number that you can use to argue how much you’ve gotten done, executive orders would be an effective way to do that. It’s a bit like a baseball player arguing that the real metric isn’t hits, it’s hits plus swings.

And so, on Trump’s unusual combined metric — bills passed plus executive orders — he has been the most productive president since Roosevelt, edging out Jimmy Carter.

Lots of swings.

Maybe Trump should be walked intentionally...

...right out of the Oval Office...

<O>
Old 06-13-17, 07:01 AM   #3113
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Video link here, best comedy show I have seen in a while,lol Half of them can't even remember their lines!
Maybe because it wasn't really scripted?

Old 06-13-17, 04:28 PM   #3114
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

It looks like most of your missed the reason for the meeting of staff kissing butt so to speak.

Priebus must have put it together in order to see who goes and who stays.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...eadline-239411

Quote:
Trump gives Priebus until July 4th to clean up White House
The president has threatened to oust his chief of staff if major changes are not made, but many are skeptical he’ll follow through.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-13-17, 05:30 PM   #3115
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
It looks like most of your missed the reason for the meeting of staff kissing butt so to speak.

Priebus must have put it together in order to see who goes and who stays.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...eadline-239411
And maybe your story is just another load of democrat, seeing as it relies on yet more anonymous sources.

Old 06-13-17, 06:04 PM   #3116
vienna
Navy Seal

Better and more reliable than the well-known steaming pile of Trump...

<O>
Old 06-13-17, 10:25 PM   #3117
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Doubt they could find anyone to take their place if he gives them the boot,lol

Al Capone
Old 06-14-17, 12:43 AM   #3118
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

As this spectacle unfolds the people that voted Trump into office are probably out doubling down on buying firearms and ammunition. If the guy that won the office isn't given the chance to govern, there are other ways to go about things. What's been going on is just confirming their beliefs about the vast swamp that is the District of Columbia, and about their opponents.
Old 06-14-17, 01:10 AM   #3119
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

Doubt they could find anyone to take their place if he gives them the boot,lol

Probably not; Trump has only been in office 144 days and already his administration is the most shambolic mess in US history. Ever since the beginning of the Trump Administration, it has been plagued with senior officials forced to resign, others abandoning bids for nomination to various posts due to various conflicts of interest or holes in their backgrounds, and potential nominees outright refusing to even be considered for offered positions. I don't recall any other administration, of either party, ever having such an ordeal in filling, and/or keeping filled, White House-appointed positions. Normally, a new administration has the problem of too many highly-qualified office-seekers; this one can't seem to attract the "best and the brightest" (a probable indicator of their brightness). Even a sizable number of lower level Trump staff have lost their jobs due to failure to pass background security checks: many were even caught lying on their security questionnaires...

The most glaring turn-down Trump got was when highly respected ex-Seal Vice Adm. Robert Harward declined an offer to fill fired Mike Flynn's post of National Security Adviser; Harward was so dismayed by the shambles in the White House, he was quoted as referring to the situation as "a s**t sandwich":

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-down-job.html

I heard a report/discussion on an in-depth news radio program where various experts, of both parties, discussed the staffing problems in the Trump administration. One of the GOP speakers probably said it best: the perception is Trump and his circle are crazy, and no one sensible wants to work for crazy...

<O>
Old 06-14-17, 06:58 AM   #3120
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
As this spectacle unfolds the people that voted Trump into office are probably out doubling down on buying firearms and ammunition. If the guy that won the office isn't given the chance to govern, there are other ways to go about things. What's been going on is just confirming their beliefs about the vast swamp that is the District of Columbia, and about their opponents.
While this post only confirms my beliefs about lunatic trumpkins, living in some kind of alternate reality.
But that kinda explains the alternate facts at least.

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter