Old 04-15-18, 02:16 PM   #1
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I remember when gold was $500 an ounce

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1HM0JI

Quote:
Gold has benefited in recent days as a safe-haven asset amid a U.S.-China trade dispute and the escalating conflict in Syria, which also pushed oil above $70 per barrel due to concerns about a spike in Middle Eastern tensions.

Gold, often used as a store of value in times of political and economic uncertainty, could rally towards $1,400 per ounce after two consecutive weeks of gains.

“If we do break above $1,365, that next week we would be very bullish,” said Aslam.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 10:37 AM   #2
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Hang on it may be a wild ride!

The Crash Of 1929: "Can It Happen Again?"

Quote:
Submitted by GnS Economics
Quote:
In the 4th of February, we published a blog entry detailing the similarities of the current stock market environment with that before the stock market crash in 1987. On February 5th, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) experienced the worst daily point decline of its history. Since then, the stock market has recovered, but are we out of the woods?
At the aforementioned entry, we also warned that the situation in the global economy actually resembles more of the time before the Great Depression than that before of the Black Monday in 1987. Worryingly, the same holds for the US equity markets. In fact, almost all of the developments that led to the Great Crash of 1929 are already visible in the US. We may thus be heading towards the worst asset market crash in 90 years.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...t-happen-again

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 12:20 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

My alarm bells started to ring when I watched at it all and realised that I found it impossible anymore to make reasonable assumptions on when the trend, upwards in past years, would change and reverse, maybe even quickly collapse. It was then when I bailed out, for staying engaged to me was not more than indeed purely gambling from then on. Since then I have transformed a lot of my treasure into mobile, anonymous real value. I may miss out on possible stockmarket gains meanwhile as long as the rally of the past years still continues. But I cannot get hit by any major market collapse, which tend to happen quickly and faster than you can react to as a private investor.

Also, as a small nice side-effect, I do not generate personal profits of which the state syndicate can benefit by blackmailing additional protection money. More than the protection money I get robbed of anyway, I mean.

Following Austrian economic wisdom, I am prone to loose possible wins in stocks, yes. I know that, I am fully aware of that. But these wins - by staying engaged - now can only be realised by taking incalculatable (in my opinion) risks, with time probably running out. Staying engaged when chances for good and bad endings are 50:50 is not strategic thinking for me - that is gambling, and unpredictable in outcome and timing.

Private American investors are fleeing from fonds in huge numbers since three months, btw. It has been taken close note of by professional traders.
Old 04-28-18, 12:55 PM   #4
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

We are again in a phase of crazy building projects, and this means no good. Mega-Skyscrapers Are A Sign Of Economic Collapse, no joke.
"Construction of the world’s tallest tower is usually a sign of hubris and overconfidence. And it’s often associated with bubbles."

https://www.seeker.com/mega-skyscrap...240336126.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper_Index

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 01:40 PM   #5
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I found this to be interesting about day trading in Russia

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...lls/ar-AAwoGGa

Quote:
When Natalia Orlova isn’t working a $400-a-month job at a Moscow factory that makes Cold War-era space rockets, she’s glued to the trading app she uses to speculate on oil.

Lately, the 54-year-old has made a small fortune as crude jumped to 3-1/2 year highs, some of those gains linked to America’s latest sanctions on Russia. Like tens of thousands of Russians, Orlova says day trading is the key to surviving economic gloom: she just bought a new Infiniti and is saving up for an apartment for her two grandsons.

“Financial markets are the one place where you can really change your life and pull yourself out of poverty,” Orlova said at a café near her three-room 1950s apartment in a western suburb of Moscow, smiling as she points to the tablet she’s just pulled out of her floral purse. “Since yesterday evening, I’m up 1.5 million rubles ($24,000).”
or achievement

Old 09-25-18, 01:26 PM   #6
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I hate Sonic commercials with the same two (2) dudes doing their ads, but I sure approve of their food. I didn't know they were worth that much though.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...7951537895313/

Quote:
Inspire Brands, the company that owns Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Rusty Taco, announced Tuesday it will add Sonic to its fast-food portfolio.

Inspire Brands will purchase Sonic Corp. for $43.50 per share, a transaction worth about $2.3 billion, Sonic said.
or achievement

Old 09-26-18, 05:56 AM   #7
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hang on it may be a wild ride!

The Crash Of 1929: "Can It Happen Again?"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...t-happen-again
YES

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 11:18 AM   #8
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

As in many other areas, I'm not an expert on world or states economy.

I know how to balance my own budget-but that's all.

I am however convinced that, all these economical crashes we have had since the big one in 1929, is aftershock after this big crash in 1929.

Well it's my own theory-Can't prove it.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 01:48 PM   #9
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Ford and VW might become partners

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vw-pl...163710750.html

Quote:
An electric van, the ID Buzz, is due to be built at VW's plant in Hannover, where its T6 Van is made, the source said.

To free up production capacity for electric cars in Hannover, VW's transporter vans could be produced at a Ford (F.N) plant in Turkey, the source added.

VW and Ford are in "exploratory talks" to develop self-driving and electric vehicles in an alliance meant to save them billions of dollars, Reuters reported last month.

German VW factories in Emden, Zwickau and Hanover, which all build combustion-engined cars, will switch to electric ones in under the plans being considered, the source said.
or achievement

Old 11-08-18, 03:18 PM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
As in many other areas, I'm not an expert on world or states economy.

I know how to balance my own budget-but that's all.

I am however convinced that, all these economical crashes we have had since the big one in 1929, is aftershock after this big crash in 1929.

Well it's my own theory-Can't prove it.

Markus
Global debts today - in November 2018 - have exceeded a value more than three times as big as the yearly global gross domestic product (GDP of all the world).

THREE TIMES.

It was never so high during peak crisis 2008-2009. And just years before that, in 2001-2002, it was a fraction only of the debts in 2007-2009.

The ratio between fighting nations combined GDP and combined debts, was not so disastrous durign WW1, and not during WW2. To say our situation is worse than in 1918 or 1945, in a way is correct.

These insane debt levels today also put the numbers from the American economy into relation - since much of the recent boom was financed on tick.
Old 12-11-18, 09:13 AM   #11
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

IMF warns storm clouds are gathering for next financial crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/business...s-david-lipton

The storm clouds of the next global financial crisis are gathering despite the world financial system being unprepared for the next downturn, the deputy head of the International Monetary Fund has warned. David Lipton, the first deputy managing director of the IMF, said that “crisis prevention is incomplete” more than a decade on from the last meltdown in the global banking system.

“As we have put it, ‘fix the roof while the sun shines.’ But like many of you, I see storm clouds building, and fear the work on crisis prevention is incomplete.”

“We ought to be concerned about the potency of monetary policy,” he said of the ability of the US Federal Reserve and other central banks to cut interest rates to boost the economy in the event of another downturn, while also warning that high levels of government borrowing constrained their scope for cutting taxes and raising spending.

Speaking to an audience at Bloomberg in London, Christine Lagarde’s deputy called on China to take urgent steps to open up its economy to global competition. Against a backdrop of Donald Trump engaging in a bitter trade dispute with Beijing, he said China needed to lower trade barriers, while also impose tougher rules to protect intellectual property – a key complaint of the US president.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 09:49 AM   #12
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

There is no next no new its the same old one on going as these clueless morons can not see that.

One thing is for sure bankers will always win in the good and bad times and its the rest of us who will get hard.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 11:25 AM   #13
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
IMF warns storm clouds are gathering for next financial crisis
I saw this warning on a scroll on GMA or was it MSNBC, but they called it a recession.

What's a recession? I take it that it's not good for rich people
or achievement

Tags
market, stock, stocks