SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-08, 09:46 PM   #18
Snaptrap
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
in order to understand the context in which this thread was originally created, please read below:

you must understand that at the time i posted this thread ubisoft was saying that there was a stand alone patch 1.5 that was built into the new u-boat missions expansion pack and it would be released soon as a stand alone patch but then they started acting like it never existed to begin with.

this thread was to protest about ubisoft not wanting to offer the patch for free download as long as they were making money selling it as part of the u-boat expansion. (thats just smart buisness sense)

my intention is not to imply you shouldnt buy the u-boat expansion but rather i just wanted everyone to hold off on purchasing it in protest just untill ubisoft relented and released the stand alone patch version. (this was a misunderstanding on my part about what UBM was all about)

as time has gone by it has become much missunderstood what my intentions were in making this thread so hopefully this helps to clarify my opinion.
As you can see, this so-called patch is not necessary for any other version of the game besides the one that is being given the U-Boat expansion. I've already done the tour through all the files, and the changes I've seen don't add anything to fix bugs. It's actually illegal for a company to sell a patch which addresses bugs. Changes to the game on the other hand is not and that's all the 1.5 patch does. You don't need the 1.5 patch for the game to work properly.

Regardless, most people will just go download the expansion anyway.
Snaptrap is offline   Reply With Quote