SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-07-10, 10:55 PM   #5221
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Only the navigator sometimes all still very wrong.
Are you finding the navigator's calculated fixes to be more believable now? Are the user options I included for the error and time to calculate the fix adequate? Is there anything that I need to look into/add/change/etc.?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-10, 11:08 PM   #5222
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Are you finding the navigator's calculated fixes to be more believable now? Are the user options I included for the error and time to calculate the fix adequate? Is there anything that I need to look into/add/change/etc.?
Yes, it calculates the navigator's position correctly. (In yesterday's version of the real navigation)
Old 12-07-10, 11:10 PM   #5223
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes, it calculates the navigator's position correctly. (In yesterday's version of the real navigation)
Excellent It shouldn't give any problems anymore.

One thing to mention is that you can enable the add-on mods if you want (contacts same shape, color, no tails, etc.) The only requirement is that the real navigation add-on mod be the last mod enabled via JSGME
Old 12-07-10, 11:33 PM   #5224
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Wishes: I can not yet find a sextant to SH3 - all links are not working. I would like to get a sextant. Look for more. Asked for suggestions on sukhoi.ru, there are a lot of former sailors who will be able to tell that you want to add.
Old 12-07-10, 11:35 PM   #5225
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

One thing to mention is that you can enable the add-on mods if you want (contacts same shape, color, no tails, etc.) The only requirement is that the real navigation add-on mod be the last mod enabled via JSGME
Ok, I'll have it in mind.
Old 12-07-10, 11:46 PM   #5226
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Found a sextant for SH3.
RealNavMod
Old 12-08-10, 12:50 AM   #5227
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Another idea i have for the UI . I play at max 256 TC and so most of the time is spent staring at the navmap . What i would like is for while on TC i can click on a button to show a pdf document that i can read while at TC . Ideally this book would disappear when TC1OnNewRadioContact or TC1OnAnyMessageBoxText=True etc. I havnt really thought it out , maybe i am the only person that would want it . We have gramaphone and radio , why not pdf books .Iideally i could put whatever pdf book i wanted into a game folder the same way you do with gramaphone songs etc .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 12-08-10 at 01:04 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 01:20 AM   #5228
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Another idea i have for the UI . I play at max 256 TC and so most of the time is spent staring at the navmap . What i would like is for while on TC i can click on a button to show a pdf document that i can read while at TC . Ideally this book would disappear when TC1OnNewRadioContact or TC1OnAnyMessageBoxText=True etc. I havnt really thought it out , maybe i am the only person that would want it . We have gramaphone and radio , why not pdf books .Iideally i could put whatever pdf book i wanted into a game folder the same way you do with gramaphone songs etc .
Not a bad idea! Only need to implement the inclusion of the book as well and at 1 TC. As a book, you can use some sort of guide, navigational tables, and many other useful for the game instructions, manuals and tables in PDF.
Old 12-08-10, 01:43 AM   #5229
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Not a bad idea! Only need to implement the inclusion of the book as well and at 1 TC. As a book, you can use some sort of guide, navigational tables, and many other useful for the game instructions, manuals and tables in PDF.
Have it appear at any TC you want .
Old 12-08-10, 01:50 AM   #5230
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Actually while i am thinking out aloud LOL , it would be good if the radio and gramaphone could pause if TC drops via one of the options buttons to drop TC . There could be options also for the radio to turn on and off at certain TC RadioOnIfTC128OrHigher , RadioOffIfTCAt1TC etc . Actually it would be better if radio pauses at 1TC and resumes at whatever TC you want . Options of course . I love options .
Old 12-08-10, 01:56 AM   #5231
Turtle01
A-ganger

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
That is a really great idea i think. Maybe it could be a news paper too with the newest political development so
that we have a better "we are at war feeling".
Simlar Sh3 Commander it does with Radio-Messages that you can hear depending at time/Year etc.
That would be great if it is possible
Old 12-08-10, 07:38 AM   #5232
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Updated files for 5.4.0 Russification
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2897
Old 12-08-10, 10:01 AM   #5233
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Found a sextant for SH3.
RealNavMod
I have studied this mod and there's really nothing to it. A static bitmap is added to the display is all and it's allowed to be dragged So how is this supposed to work?? Obviously SH3 limits what can be done with menu items but with SH5 this is a totally different story. How do you want this thing to behave? How do you want it to function?
Old 12-08-10, 10:48 AM   #5234
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Another idea i have for the UI . I play at max 256 TC and so most of the time is spent staring at the navmap . What i would like is for while on TC i can click on a button to show a pdf document that i can read while at TC .
Great idea for a pdf on setting up manual torpedo shots.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 10:58 AM   #5235
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

the Sextant has been added to the mod. I don't think it's setup correctly because a) I don't know how to use it, b) how do I know the scale is correct (graduations?), and c) I have it automatically resizing based on the player's monitor resolution and aspect ratio. Maybe someone can try it out and tell me if it's working correctly?

It is draggable and thus you can move it anywhere on the screen:

You toggle the Sextant's visibility through the Navigator officer:

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 12-08-10 at 11:38 AM.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui