SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-17, 10:31 AM   #1
Lato79
Watch

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0
Default Bad Weather Disappointment!!

While on patrol off the eastern coast of Indochina my sonar man picked up a single contact, which turned out to be a Japanese merchant, alone, headed for Camranh Bay. I closed to within visual range, which was tricky as the seas where very heavy, but the sky was clear and visibility good. I actually laughed to myself that you could see the ship pitching about in the waves. Bow up first then stern, from a good 10nm away. I began to set up my approach and accelerated ahead of him on his plotted course and pulled up perpendicular about 2000y off and began readying my tubes. All this time I was getting my sound man to relay contact details. And was also checking the sonar bearing plot on the map. All of a sudden the sonar contact goes dead, the bearing indicator dissappears and to my surprise on the map a little ship sunk icon turns up!? I immediately surface the boat and head over at flank speed to investigate but nothing. I can only presume she sank in heavy seas?... Really interested to know if anyone else has had this or anything similar happen?
TMO Plot
Bigger Better Protractors.
Lato79 is offline   Reply With Quote