SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-11, 11:28 PM   #1231
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

I am in the "Happy times" campaign and I noticed that the iron cross to access the captain's medals has disappeared. What do I need to do to restore the icon to access the medals?
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 08:50 AM   #1232
troopie
Captain

Downloads: 33

O.K. I've just finished spending about 7 hours reading through this thread in the hope of sorting some of the many issues I have been experiencing in my stock install of the game and have pretty much forgotten a bunch of stuff I read near the start!

Firstly, I gotta say, this seams to have now turned into a mods thread. If you need to list a dozen mods in your post before posing your bug/glitch I propose there's a fair chance you're in the wrong forum; See 'Silent hunter 5 mods workshop'!

Secondly, I propose there is probably not too many people prepared to read through all of this to find solutions so what is the point of continuing to have it stickied?

Given the number of new SH5 users of late (myself included), due to the scrapping of Ubi's rediculous drm, maybe we'd be better off with a stickied 'hints to new users' thread that contains links to this thread as required.

Just a thought and I don't wish to detract from some of the brilliant (and time consuming) responses contained herein; I'm just sorta saying, who's really (myself aside) going to read through all of this?

troopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 11:44 AM   #1233
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
O.K. I've just finished spending about 7 hours reading through this thread in the hope of sorting some of the many issues I have been experiencing in my stock install of the game and have pretty much forgotten a bunch of stuff I read near the start!

Firstly, I gotta say, this seams to have now turned into a mods thread. If you need to list a dozen mods in your post before posing your bug/glitch I propose there's a fair chance you're in the wrong forum; See 'Silent hunter 5 mods workshop'!

Secondly, I propose there is probably not too many people prepared to read through all of this to find solutions so what is the point of continuing to have it stickied?

Given the number of new SH5 users of late (myself included), due to the scrapping of Ubi's rediculous drm, maybe we'd be better off with a stickied 'hints to new users' thread that contains links to this thread as required.

Just a thought and I don't wish to detract from some of the brilliant (and time consuming) responses contained herein; I'm just sorta saying, who's really (myself aside) going to read through all of this?

Hi there Troopie,

'If you need to list a dozen mods in your post before posing your bug/glitch...'

SH5 more or less has to be run with some mods.
Whenever you want to tell about a possible glitch this is useless if you don't tell about your mods list or if you don't run any mods at all.
This way it's at least easier to track down the reasons for this glitch and to solve the issue which was the reason for posting. Right?

'... there is probably not too many people prepared to read through all of this...'

No one has to read 'all this'.
I find this meaningful for all those who are interested and find it exciting to follow or take part in the development of SH5.
If you're not - don't.

'...maybe we'd be better off with a stickied 'hints to new users' thread...'

As there are so many kinds of questions new users run into I don't think this can be done in a manageable way.

What I've seen so far is that most new players find their way to the answers they need and as this community's many helpful and supportive members inexhaustibly and quickly offer their help I can't see this is needed.

Besides, isn't it just great to follow the work of all our brilliant modders?

If you should have a question that you can't find the proper, already existing thread for - start a new thread.

Merry Christmas

Last edited by Silent Steel; 12-23-11 at 11:20 PM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 06:07 PM   #1234
WOLFNMA81
Swabbie

Downloads: 184

Hello, I apologize for my English, I am Spanish and do not speak much English.
I would like to report an error in sh5 1.2 Without mods.

The missions do not experience submarines edited ruptured hull depth. can dive to get to the bottom, 450m and more. Does anyone know if this can be fixed? Have you found someone?, This is very important.
WOLFNMA81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 02:27 AM   #1235
troopie
Captain

Downloads: 33

Fair enough Silent Steel!

I guess I'm just sorta saying that it's a shame there's somuch useful info for beginers buried in such a long thread.
I'm also amazed people like yourself have the patience to keep answering questions that have already been tackled five times before in this very same thread! (I sure appreciate that you do though!)

I just think there must be an easier way!

I once made the mistake of purchasing another Ubisoft title - Anno 1404; a rather complex city building game which comes with a Silent Hunter style manual, i.e. no instructions, the game was very much unplayable untill a found an unofficial Anno 1404 wiki . All the info was there for all to see from a simple menu and the info only had to be entered once. Real handy!

Has any one tried this already?
troopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 07:45 AM   #1236
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
Fair enough Silent Steel!

I guess I'm just sorta saying that it's a shame there's somuch useful info for beginers buried in such a long thread.
I'm also amazed people like yourself have the patience to keep answering questions that have already been tackled five times before in this very same thread! (I sure appreciate that you do though!)

I just think there must be an easier way!

I once made the mistake of purchasing another Ubisoft title - Anno 1404; a rather complex city building game which comes with a Silent Hunter style manual, i.e. no instructions, the game was very much unplayable untill a found an unofficial Anno 1404 wiki . All the info was there for all to see from a simple menu and the info only had to be entered once. Real handy!

Has any one tried this already?
Hi again Troopie,

You say
'... I just think there must be an easier way!
... with a Silent Hunter style manual, i.e. no instructions, the game was very much unplayable untill a found an unofficial .... wiki. All the info was there for all to see from a simple menu and the info only had to be entered once.'

That would be great if it only was viable.
For stock it would of course be possible and should have been supplied with the game from start but...

As soon as you apply certain mods they adjust the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Commands.cfg' file for better functionality.
E.g. the various UI mods available and not only those ones.
The New UIs TDC by TheDarkWraith I think is the most advanced and developing at an amazing pace.

As most members here (AFAIK) choose to play with one of these UI mods a supermod would be the IMO best solution and I'm confident it's under way.

For those of our friends here in the forum who choose one of the other UIs maybe a mods lists proved working could be a convenient option.
I.e. for each of the UIs and why not in different sizes to suit various requests.
Check your PM for an example.

If you'd like to make your own keyboard layout this mod could be an option; JimiMadrid's Keymapper

Best

Old 12-26-11, 09:28 AM   #1237
zergest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So i'm on the first mission, patrolling near britain and i'm either horribad at this game or i broke something:-P
Cant find ANY ships on the sea, some planes flying about, but no ships.
Sank bunch of them in the ports, they were just sitting there not doing anything, even two destroyers.

I do get radio contacts or something from time to time, navigator whines about bearing and distance, but i think hes on mushrooms or gone mad.

And i'm sure turned life bars off before leaving port, but still saw them on the ships..(in ports). Unsure if thats related to anything.

Bought it from steam, when i run the gu.exe(updater) it tells me update found, asks if i want to install it and then "setup has detected that no verison of silent hunter is 5 installed".
But SH5.exe file version is 1.2.0.0 and steam usually deals with that stuff, idontknowanymore x.x

Maybe everything is fine and i just suck, but i loved sh4 with and without mods. Current situation doesnt feel right

Thankjoo!

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS]

1 Accurate German Flags
2 Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
2 Critical hits v 1.2
3 MoraleMod
4 Lite Campaign LC 1.2
6 FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
8 NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
9 NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
11 TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
12 SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.1
14 Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
15 Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
16 Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
13 Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE_151
Old 12-26-11, 02:33 PM   #1238
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergest View Post
So i'm on the first mission, patrolling near britain and i'm either horribad at this game or i broke something:-P
Cant find ANY ships on the sea, some planes flying about, but no ships.
Sank bunch of them in the ports, they were just sitting there not doing anything, even two destroyers.

I do get radio contacts or something from time to time, navigator whines about bearing and distance, but i think hes on mushrooms or gone mad.

And i'm sure turned life bars off before leaving port, but still saw them on the ships..(in ports). Unsure if thats related to anything.

Bought it from steam, when i run the gu.exe(updater) it tells me update found, asks if i want to install it and then "setup has detected that no verison of silent hunter is 5 installed".
But SH5.exe file version is 1.2.0.0 and steam usually deals with that stuff, idontknowanymore x.x

Maybe everything is fine and i just suck, but i loved sh4 with and without mods. Current situation doesnt feel right

Thankjoo!

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS]

1 Accurate German Flags
2 Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
2 Critical hits v 1.2
3 MoraleMod
4 Lite Campaign LC 1.2
6 FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
8 NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
9 NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
11 TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
12 SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.1
14 Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
15 Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
16 Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
13 Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE_151
2 things , you dont need the morale mod as it was fixed in the last patch .
You need the mod IRAI to fix the AI .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 11:35 PM   #1239
zergest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
2 things , you dont need the morale mod as it was fixed in the last patch .
You need the mod IRAI to fix the AI .
Thankyou:)

edit: Turned realism settings off, did gadzillion laps around England and didn't see a single ship anywhere (except in ports), even with IRAI.
Found some on my first lap with all mods disabled.
Tried some random things, mod orders, disabling only some of them, reinstalling.

shikata ga nai i guess :>

happynewyears.

Last edited by zergest; 12-31-11 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 12:56 AM   #1240
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

I am having a problem with taking screenshots. The PrtSC key apparently doesn't work. When I try the old method (Shift+F12), the message bar responds appropriately, but when I look at the file, it is stretched, distorted and otherwise unusable. I have seen a similar issue in SH4. What settings do I need to adjust to be able to take clean, crisp screenshots?
Old 01-11-12, 01:52 AM   #1241
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzritter View Post
I am having a problem with taking screenshots. The PrtSC key apparently doesn't work. When I try the old method (Shift+F12), the message bar responds appropriately, but when I look at the file, it is stretched, distorted and otherwise unusable. I have seen a similar issue in SH4. What settings do I need to adjust to be able to take clean, crisp screenshots?
Try Ctrl + F11
Old 01-11-12, 01:57 AM   #1242
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Try Ctrl + F11
Ok. Same results.
Old 01-11-12, 07:43 AM   #1243
gambla
Gunner

Downloads: 43

I didn't find anything about "markers". Is it a known bug that markers/lines that you draw on the nav map are not saved ?
Thanks
gambla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 10:49 AM   #1244
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambla View Post
I didn't find anything about "markers". Is it a known bug that markers/lines that you draw on the nav map are not saved ?
Thanks
They are never saved. Don't ever remember them being saved in SH3 either.

The only markers that will persist are my supermarks, navfixes, and destroyed marks that my UIs mod provides. The only reason they persist is because I encode them into a file (if you have a journal enabled).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:19 PM   #1245
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzritter View Post
Ok. Same results.
Some suggestions.
The following applies if you don't have an American or English keyboard. I've found this working (at least for me).

If you install an American or English keyboard layout (in Windows language settings) and then run SH5 with that layout keys work.

To toggle kbd layouts you can even set whatever hotkey(s) you like (Language settings > Advanced settings tab in Windows).
Then - to know which layout you are running you can even set it to show in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Depending on what kind of kbd you have (e.g. German/French) this can be a bit tricky as the keys you see don't all correspond to the American/English kbd layout.
(Maybe this is why I got me an American keyboard )

For
screen shots - Try Ctrl + F11