Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-16, 03:58 AM   #1
rentacow
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0
Default Cannot complete "dirty atoll RA" mission

Using the RA mod and the included dirty atoll mission, I go to patrol area one and sit there for 3, 10, 20, 30 minutes but can't complete the first objective. What must I do, specifically?

Edit: Found the issue with the mission. I uploaded a fixed version of the mission and can be found here: http://pastebin.com/HMMSEvrH
Note this is only for use with RA 1.40

To install the fixed version of the mission open up the Scenarios folder within the Dangerous Waters directory. Create a new .txt file and name it something useful like dirty_atoll_fixed then copy and paste the mission file text. Save the file and make sure you give it the .mu extension. All done!

Last edited by rentacow; 08-26-16 at 09:08 PM.
rentacow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 05:11 PM   #2
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentacow View Post
Using the RA mod and the included dirty atoll mission, I go to patrol area one and sit there for 3, 10, 20, 30 minutes but can't complete the first objective. What must I do, specifically?
Are you close enough to the objective point? I know in both Vanilla and LwAMI, you have to be VERY close to the objective location (~<1NM) and sit for the required time before moving to the next location. Both locations are uncomfortably close to the shore, so be careful to avoid grounding the frigate. Three minutes is the required time for the event to trigger. I can only guess that you are either not close enough or are moving fast enough to drift out of the event area.

I do not recall any bugs in RA associated with the mod itself and this mission. Most issues with the mods involve automatic detection failures due to altered sonar profiles and missions not having ownship speeds adjusted to avoid this.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 04:46 PM   #3
rentacow
Machinist's Mate

I'm playing the modified version of the mission that came with the RA installation. The two objective areas are marked on the map with red circles and I am as close to the center as I can get. After about an hour I fail the mission as the inspectors arrive before I can take the readings. For some reason I cannot take screenshots in game for proof
Old 08-25-16, 08:43 PM   #4
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I'm playing the modified version of the mission that came with the RA installation. The two objective areas are marked on the map with red circles and I am as close to the center as I can get. After about an hour I fail the mission as the inspectors arrive before I can take the readings. For some reason I cannot take screenshots in game for proof
RA may have introduced a bug into the mission. I have not used RA, so I do not know and I am already chasing bugs introduced by other mods (LWAMI). Try the mission in vanilla DW and see if you have the same problem.
Old 08-26-16, 01:54 AM   #5
rentacow
Machinist's Mate

Worked just fine with vanilla. I must find a way to open the RA version in the editor now and fix it!

Thank you for your help
Old 08-26-16, 01:05 PM   #6
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Worked just fine with vanilla. I must find a way to open the RA version in the editor now and fix it!

Thank you for your help
Depending on how and where the bug was introduced, the Editor may not be able to fix it.

FYI, the file is SM06.MS

The Area 1 trigger should have two NOT scripts, referring to the Area 2 Trigger and the UN trigger. Essentially, the trigger should not fire if either of the other two triggers fire.

The Area 2 trigger has one IF and an AND-NOT script. The Area 2 trigger fires if the Area 1 Trigger has fired and the UN trigger has NOT fired.

Likewise, you have to sit in the area for three minutes. The radius of the trigger should be 0.2 NM.

My guess is that RA either messed up the scripts or the areas are mislabeled.

Last edited by Hinrich Schwab; 08-26-16 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-26-16, 09:03 PM   #7
rentacow
Machinist's Mate

I found the issue. An easy fix. Area one could only be triggered by the AI version of the OHP. I changed it to the player controlled type.

Get the fixed one HERE

A keen observer may notice another slight "bug" in the mission (or a few bugs) but I left it alone as it's not game breaking. A clever player could even complete the mission faster because of it.