SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-10, 02:57 PM   #1831
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes View Post
SO I have to have Uboat missions for it to work?
Yes
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 02:58 PM   #1832
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
Yes
Do you know of a download URL to buy the Uboat add-on?
Old 07-01-10, 03:14 PM   #1833
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default got mine from ubisoft

I got mine from ubisoft. I should be inexpensive.

Lurker, I reduced the percentage from 60 to 40 on the aircraft cfg. That seems to work much better in terms of no. of aircraft. I may increase back to 50, and see what happens. I have map contacts on, but have not seen any large convoys or task forces. They should be out there somewhere.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 02:39 AM   #1834
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

Pleased with Ducimus traffic but I´ll try RSRDC next campaign. What aspects of TMO 2.0 I´m going to loose ?
I Think I must again install Danurves extra messages but this is no prob since it is only a small txt.file.
How about these "gamey option flotillas" like Task Force Midway or TF Freemantle ?
Old 07-07-10, 11:39 AM   #1835
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes View Post
Do you know of a download URL to buy the Uboat add-on?

I got both SH4 and the UBoat addon from Direct2Drive.com . The UBoat addon was only ten bucks. Also, I don't have to 'insert game disk' to make it work.

God Bless Electric Boat
Old 07-07-10, 11:56 AM   #1836
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins View Post
Pleased with Ducimus traffic but I´ll try RSRDC next campaign. What aspects of TMO 2.0 I´m going to loose ?
I Think I must again install Danurves extra messages but this is no prob since it is only a small txt.file.
How about these "gamey option flotillas" like Task Force Midway or TF Freemantle ?
TMO adds alot to the 'look & feel' and immersion to the game. Ducimus has done much to improve the environment, and his efforts are much appreciated by us all.

RSRDC uses more historical ship movements. Lurker has overwritten the layers for ship movements, so what you see (and where you see it) is what was there at that particular time. I've done both patrols where I spent weeks searching for a target, and others where I have to return for a reload multiple times BEFORE I even get on station. RSRDC overwrites most, if not all, of the 'ship movement' layers, so if you use RSRDC, you won't get TMO's layers. Personally, I always use both, so I can't comment on what Ducimus has done on this point.

The new pull-down map of shipping lanes (connected to the 'radio') is quite helpful, but I don't know who to thank for this one. So THANKS!

TMO + RSRDC: Don't leave home without them!

God Bless Electric Boat!
Old 07-09-10, 04:12 AM   #1837
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Fresh install of TMO, going to run with RSRD until I have time to redo the TMO layers again to my liking.So question is, what is the latest version and patch of RSRD for TMO 2.0. ?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 04:20 AM   #1838
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Check the first post.
It's got links to latest version.

Last edited by sergei; 07-09-10 at 04:32 AM.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 04:23 AM   #1839
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

I think it´s still RSRDC_TMO_V502 + RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.
And don´t forget this : RSRDC_V5xx_Aircraft sound fix
Old 07-13-10, 02:56 PM   #1840
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default lurker battle of coral sea in May, 42

I found a map of the battle of coral sea. I was there on time, by May 3rd, and spotted, but did not catch a carrier south of the Solomens. It was sailing at 20 kts. and my boat could not match its speed. It looked to me it was where it was supposed to be when it was supposed to be there. That is quite impressive. I think I spotted it on May 4th. Other than a ton of airplanes that kept buzzing around, I did not find the rest of the various Jap fleets. I even looked for them near Tulagi, but all I found we airplanes. Give me a hint. Where the heck are they? And on what dates?
Old 07-13-10, 03:02 PM   #1841
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

This has been mentioned elsewhere but I found the Jap carrier fleet right where it was supposed to be, near Midway, on the right date, and got all four!!
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 05:13 PM   #1842
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default lurker or anyone that knows

i read some posts re the battle of the coral sea. Per lurker's post, I located the coral sea mis. in the campaign files. Per another post, I tried to make it into a single mission. Here is what I did.

i created a new folder in the single mission file and labeled it Battle of the Coral Sea.

I copied the coral sea mis. file to the Battle of the Coral Sea folder in the single mission folder. This file is one of the many mis. files in the single mission folder.

Is that it? When I restarted the game and looked at my list of single mission, it was and is not there. What do I do next?
Old 07-13-10, 09:19 PM   #1843
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
i read some posts re the battle of the coral sea. Per lurker's post, I located the coral sea mis. in the campaign files. Per another post, I tried to make it into a single mission. Here is what I did.

i created a new folder in the single mission file and labeled it Battle of the Coral Sea.

I copied the coral sea mis. file to the Battle of the Coral Sea folder in the single mission folder. This file is one of the many mis. files in the single mission folder.

Is that it? When I restarted the game and looked at my list of single mission, it was and is not there. What do I do next?
Drop back ten yards and punt.

The folder and the mission MUST have the EXACT same name, so if the mission is "coral sea.mis" then name the folder "coral sea.mis. Then open in mission editor, put in a player unit (sub) and resave to create a 'coral sea.tsr' file.

If it will not open in the mission editor then there are 'custom' ships in the mission and the mod that has them must be enabled before it will open.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 09:39 PM   #1844
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default peabody

I am not sure how to do what you describe. I opened the mission editor. How do I add my sub to the single mission file for the Coral Sea? Where do I get my sub from? Is it in the mission editor? How do I add it the coral sea mis. file? Will that create the tsr? I don't know what I am doing, but that appears obvious. I am looking at tutorial but I am not sure I will find the answers.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 07-13-10 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-13-10, 11:18 PM   #1845
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I am not sure how to do what you describe. I opened the mission editor. How do I add my sub to the single mission file for the Coral Sea? Where do I get my sub from? Is it in the mission editor? How do I add it the coral sea mis. file? Will that create the tsr? I don't know what I am doing, but that appears obvious. I am looking at tutorial but I am not sure I will find the answers.
You created a folder for a single mission. Rename the folder so it matches the "coral sea.mis" So rename the folder "coral sea"

Open the mission editor
go to file/open and open "coral sea.mis"
go to the right of the screen and click the tab marked "SUB"
Select your sub and drag it into the mission where you want it.
In the Properties box
1. uncheck "delete on last waypoint"
2. check "Human Control"
3. If you want to start submerged, set the "Height" to a minus number matching the depth you want.
4. Accept

5. Right click on your sub and "add waypoint", drag out a line headed in the direction you want to go.
6. Select the sub again and right click, "head to waypoint".

Go to the menu mission/language localization.
Top window highlight "Mission Title", bottom window delete mission title and add your own title to it. This is the 'title' that will show in the loading screen.
Top window highlight "Briefing", in the bottom window give a mission briefing. This will show on the right side in the loading screen when playing.
Click OK

Save

That's the quick and easy. One thing to note, you can zoom in on the map to position your sub accurately. Select the "hand" in the menu bar to move the map. While the "hand" is selected you can NOT select your sub or other objects to set properties, you must first deselect the "hand".
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote