SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-25-11, 01:39 PM   #1
Daffman
Swabbie

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default Steam - Fleet Commander startup crash

Bought the game today on steam, sadly i can't get it to work.
First start up, when pressing play i got the error message "Fatal error" and CTD.
Second round i tryed to run compability mode XP, feels like i came further, but got a new CTD with the error message "Bitmap Failed to Load (error 17)"... anyone knows how to fix this?

I'm running Windows vista 64.

Happy holidays btw
Daffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 02:58 AM   #2
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffman View Post
Bought the game today on steam, sadly i can't get it to work.
First start up, when pressing play i got the error message "Fatal error" and CTD.
Second round i tryed to run compability mode XP, feels like i came further, but got a new CTD with the error message "Bitmap Failed to Load (error 17)"... anyone knows how to fix this?

I'm running Windows vista 64.

Happy holidays btw
Hello Daffman.

Are your GPU & DirectX drivers up to date? Also change your desktop resolution to 800x600.

The splash\load screen is has a resolution of 640x480 which can be a problem for some new monitor and laptops.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 08:55 AM   #3
Daffman
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
Hello Daffman.

Are your GPU & DirectX drivers up to date? Also change your desktop resolution to 800x600.

The splash\load screen is has a resolution of 640x480 which can be a problem for some new monitor and laptops.
Yups they are, tried changing the desktop resolution, did'nt work
I've reinstalled it several times aswell, haven't helped.
I'm running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 card.
The more time that goes by with me not being able to play it...the more i want to play it
Old 01-04-12, 09:05 AM   #4
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Yups they are, tried changing the desktop resolution, did'nt work
I've reinstalled it several times aswell, haven't helped.
I'm running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 card.
Oh right when you say you've reinstalled, have you delete everything to do with the game and then re-download it? Also have you un-install Steam and re-download that too.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Old 01-09-12, 09:06 AM   #5
Daffman
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
Oh right when you say you've reinstalled, have you delete everything to do with the game and then re-download it? Also have you un-install Steam and re-download that too.
First I unistalled it from the steam meny, but it seems it did'nt go away so i took it away manuelly, then reinstalled it, twice.
Haven't reinstalled steam, I guess I could try that aswell(damn i want to play it ), makes it all the games to get unistalled or does only the client get unistalled...oh well I guess i will find out.
Old 01-09-12, 05:49 PM   #6
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
First I unistalled it from the steam meny, but it seems it did'nt go away so i took it away manuelly, then reinstalled it, twice.
Haven't reinstalled steam, I guess I could try that aswell(damn i want to play it ), makes it all the games to get unistalled or does only the client get unistalled...oh well I guess i will find out.
If you un-install Steam you lose every game you have got install, but you can backup your other games with Steam's Backup feature. This will save you from having to re-download them, then you can un-install the Steam Client and start again.