SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-13, 06:41 AM   #76
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Beautiful piece of work, Makman!
Old 06-12-13, 07:09 AM   #77
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

MEP V4 in action
Bay of Biscay October 1942

U-172 IXC

Head-on shot

Well done for one more time Makman

Ποτέ δεν πίστευα ότι θα μπορούσαμε να έχουμε τέτοια γραφικά.

Translation : I never thought it would be possible to have such graphics.
Old 06-12-13, 08:53 AM   #78
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupolev View Post
Hi Mak, quick update on this one...

Was definitely using your GWX sensors. Made the changes you recommended and so far am seeing a huge difference. I've encountered 2 solo ships on current patrol (campaign) and only recieved the initial sighting reports. Perfect!

I always noticed the problem more during convoy attacks, so I'll let you know after my next one.

Thanks again!

T
manos:

Lots of tests later, i found out, that reapeted sighting reports only occur, if realistic sensors are switched on. If so, the (non-stock) search beam characteristics ot the visual sensor leads to that lost and reestablished contacts, again and again. The time between the sightings depends on - the sweep period. So i would recommend to set the original (stock) values:

sweep period=15
sweep arc=0
probinsidearc=0

The 4 lookouts had to overview each a 90° part 4 times every minute (read in a book, maybe Paterson): This leads to a real sweep period of 15s.

I wouldn´t recommend to switch off the realistic sensors as there are some more functions like precisrange or surface which wouldn´t work anymore. Beyond, the lookouts will show you the direction of the contact only immediately after having found it.

Another thing is, that if the atmosphere has changed, thus the player´s visual range has changed. But not only the crew and the AI visual range have to be adapted and not only all other visual settings, but every other sensor (hydrophone, sonar, radar, rwr) of the boat and of the AI has to be re-balanced! I´ve been playing around with these values for years and finally got a more or less balanced system for my own 16km atmo. But i won´t touch this again. If anyone likes that: Be prepared to be surprised by summer or winter or things like that which are changing astonishing fast.

greetings
Old 06-12-13, 09:04 AM   #79
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

thank you all guys for the supporting messages !

anyway back to topic that is raised

whats your opinion about the 'flying ships' ? leave the feature or eliminate it at the next upload?

the side effects by eliminating it , are :

1. on free camera ,when user is having the camera very high ,the enviro starts glitching and the large 'square' of sea becomes vissible making the enviro look ...'cheap' and crappy ( this side effect is more vissible on the clear with exellent visibility weather )

2. the vanishing of ships's hull becomes really worst becuase ships will look vanishing their hull in water (instead of vanishing it in the fog on sea which gives the impression of the 'flying ships').one option we have here and 'heal' somehow the problem is to make ships vanishing their hulls way far than the horizon line (about 8km) to the 16km far away or more. it will not be realistic by any meaning, but it is the only way to have vanishing hulls without flying ships or 'sinking' in water ships

what do you think ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 06-12-13, 09:31 AM   #80
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
manos:

Lots of tests later, i found out, that reapeted sighting reports only occur, if realistic sensors are switched on. If so, the (non-stock) search beam characteristics ot the visual sensor leads to that lost and reestablished contacts, again and again. The time between the sightings depends on - the sweep period. So i would recommend to set the original (stock) values:

sweep period=15
sweep arc=0
probinsidearc=0

The 4 lookouts had to overview each a 90° part 4 times every minute (read in a book, maybe Paterson): This leads to a real sweep period of 15s.

I wouldn´t recommend to switch off the realistic sensors as there are some more functions like precisrange or surface which wouldn´t work anymore. Beyond, the lookouts will show you the direction of the contact only immediately after having found it.
nice finding Leitender ,

maybe thats explain why i don't have the repeted ship spots as i have the realistic sensors feature always off.
i can say here that ,in my tests,the precisrange and the surface fuctions are working when ''realistic sensors'' are off. so maybe it has impact only in these search beams? but ,on the other hand ,i think as i am typing this message, the search beams are working at hydro or radars even when ''realistic sensors'' are off , isn't it so ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
Another thing is, that if the atmosphere has changed, thus the player´s visual range has changed. But not only the crew and the AI visual range have to be adapted and not only all other visual settings, but every other sensor (hydrophone, sonar, radar, rwr) of the boat and of the AI has to be re-balanced! I´ve been playing around with these values for years and finally got a more or less balanced system for my own 16km atmo. But i won´t touch this again. If anyone likes that: Be prepared to be surprised by summer or winter or things like that which are changing astonishing fast.

greetings
you are absolutely right here Leitender and i have posted this need too at the past. i only released the visual sensors in order crew and AI to make sense in the 20km enviro but in my set-up i am running my own sensors which includes all other devices but you can guess what i will have to face if i ever released all of them ? i wouldn't dare it ....not in a million years.

things are not so bad as they are now becuase in most supermods these diveces (radars-hydro ) are adjusted to way larger values according to propotions of a 16km visuals so i can only say that a 20km enviro is much better than a 16km one in this situation.

on the other hand , adjusting the other sensors demands a huge search of finding the real values for each device (something that i never did and probably never do as demands so much time) and i am all in if someone (like you) give us a mod with these sensors (hydro - radar ) adjusted according to the propotions even of a 16km visuals values . all that i would have to do then (which will not be more than an afternoon work) is to adjust all these sensor values to the propotions of a 20 km visuals

so , if you are very huppy with your sensors at the rest devices , send them to me and i will adjust them to fit in the 20 km enviro (or you can try it yourself as some tests to see how it works)

Old 06-12-13, 09:55 AM   #81
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
All photos are taken straight out of the game with no retouching, only resized.
And beautiful they are. Good job Makman!
Old 06-12-13, 11:25 AM   #82
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

FYI:

C3 Cargo 16km atmosphere. Distance: 14km. LSH3 + WAC3.0 Real atlantic:

Same situation MEP4:

LSH3+WAC3.0 Real atlantic: Left: Battleship KGV, right: Destroyer, both AOB=0:

Same situation - same distance with MEP4:

manos:

Quote:
precisrange and the surface fuctions are working when ''realistic sensors'' are off.
About preciserange i´m not completely sure, but if i switch off the realistic sensors, planes will be discovered much later than with real sensors on. This must be a function of the surface. I didn´t test planes with your mep yet, but will report. So long,

Leitender
Old 06-12-13, 03:11 PM   #83
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
i will reupload the MEP v4 in the next days including the sensors for Stiebler's patch too
Hello makman94, I will not to bother, but when the new version including the GWX sensors for Stiebler's patch comes out please? Can´t wait!
Old 06-13-13, 11:50 AM   #84
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. View Post
Hello makman94, I will not to bother, but when the new version including the GWX sensors for Stiebler's patch comes out please? Can´t wait!
hi Sepp ,
as soon as we clear up this issue at settings with the repeted ship spots.
when i have the confirmations from the members that are facing it , i will reupload it again so be a little patient , will not take long

Old 06-13-13, 11:56 AM   #85
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VONHARRIS View Post

Ποτέ δεν πίστευα ότι θα μπορούσαμε να έχουμε τέτοια γραφικά.
γεια χαρα Χαρη,
κ που εισαι ακομα,εχουμε να δουμε και αλλα αρκει να συνεχιζει ο κοσμος να μονταρει!
να ξερεις οτι το moding στο περιβαλλον δεν τελειωνει ποτε.
υπαρχουν τοσα απειρα χρωματα να 'παιξει' κανεις ,ακριβως οπως συμβαινει κ με τα απειρα χρωματα της φυσης

ποτε , κανενα ηλιοβασιλεμα δεν ηταν ιδιο με το χθεσινο του !

Old 06-13-13, 12:47 PM   #86
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

Quote:
γεια χαρα Χαρη,
κ που εισαι ακομα,εχουμε να δουμε και αλλα αρκει να συνεχιζει ο κοσμος να μονταρει!
να ξερεις οτι το moding στο περιβαλλον δεν τελειωνει ποτε.
υπαρχουν τοσα απειρα χρωματα να 'παιξει' κανεις ,ακριβως οπως συμβαινει κ με τα απειρα χρωματα της φυσης

ποτε , κανενα ηλιοβασιλεμα δεν ηταν ιδιο με το χθεσινο του !
Γεια σου και σένα.
Χρησιμοποίησα για πρώτα φορά το περιβάλλον που έφτιαξες (ΜΕΡ v4) και ξετρελάθηκα!
Τέλεια δουλειά.
'Οσο για τα πλοία που φαίνονται να αιωρούνται στον ορίζοντα για μένα είναι κάτι το ελάχιστο , αμελητέο.
Old 06-14-13, 06:23 AM   #87
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
hi Sepp ,
as soon as we clear up this issue at settings with the repeted ship spots.
when i have the confirmations from the members that are facing it , i will reupload it again so be a little patient , will not take long
Thank you makman very much
Old 06-16-13, 03:54 PM   #88
teapot156
Watch

Downloads: 103

Hey makman94, really like the mod and want to keep using but i'm having a problem:

It seems that ships will not engage eachother when I have M.E.P v4 - VisualSensors for GWX3 added in jsgme.

I think it's maybe because they can't see?

Heres my activated mod list:

widescreen _GWX3.0
M.E.P v4
Optional - FSF for MEP v4
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v4
TheRealPing
Widescreen MaGui v3.4-SA
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
M.E.P v4 - VisualSensors for GWX3

Thanks!
Old 06-16-13, 04:13 PM   #89
Wolfpack345
Lurking

Downloads: 238

I seem to have a similar problem as teapot.
Enemy ships will not engage me or zig zag when i am close by. I have the optional sensors pack enabled. Other than that i am loving your mod! Such a beautiful environment!
Old 06-16-13, 04:55 PM   #90
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 View Post
I seem to have a similar problem as teapot.
Enemy ships will not engage me or zig zag when i am close by. I have the optional sensors pack enabled. Other than that i am loving your mod! Such a beautiful environment!
Makman is working on a Sensors.dat for the Stieblers patch. With Hsie patch, MEPv4 works fine for me.

Regards,

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Closed Thread